Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SgtButters said:
They have previously been asked on twitter whether they would have collectors editions and it was definitely something they'd like to do but not likely to happen. :sad:

Bannerlord now/sooner, extra stuff later. A map or other thing would be cool though.

SgtButters said:
I wish they would show us more concept art and let our minds imagine how awesome this game will be once it comes out.

At this point I guess they would refrain from showing pics or artwork of stuff they already know only our grandchildren will be able to play.

VictorF said:
SgtButters said:
I wish they would show us more concept art and let our minds imagine how awesome this game will be once it comes out.

At this point I guess they would refrain from showing pics or artwork of stuff they already know only our grandchildren will be able to play.

Artwork isn't finished yet. Still too early to tell which concept art will inspire the final product.  :iamamoron:. <---- this is joke, yes.

Plovercrest said:
Salmonsy said:
Stan546 said:
Skipped through the last 10 pages, roughly I gathered: One blog before E3, big reveal at E3, hopefully in our hands in some form by the end of the year?

Didn't think it was that far away!

There's rumor that we get some information before E3 happens but in which form wasn't said. Might be a blog, might not be a blog. We also only know that Taleworlds will be at E3 but what they'll show there is something currently only Taleworlds knows.

It'll will be a blog announcing they'll be at E3.

And uhhhh uhhhh ummm uhh THEY DON'T OWE YOU INFORMATION. How dare you speculate.

Why, don't you know, they will show warband for VR. There will be a blog in June followed by a short q&a on the forum stating that it is too soon to bring anything new about bannerlord.

Kehlian said:
What is the most frustrating is reading Frank saying "a little while", "a little too early", "soon", "just needs some more polishing" when it's obviously far from finished. I was expecting something by the end of last year, and now, by the beggining of this year, but it's more and more obvious that they still have a lot of work to do, and it's not "soon" at all.
I'd really appreciate if you provided some actual quotes instead of this. We've tried very hard not to make any promises about development or release, despite endless, often angry requests and even demands for us to do so, and despite game development being incredibly unpredictable and complex.

At no point have I stated the game "just needs some more polishing".

I understand your frustration but please check your facts because I don't think your post is fair.

Maybe he meant the video presentations where you said "this is the game in its current state", "there's still polishing to be done and edges to be rounded". These words could be interpreted as "game is almost finished and there's only to adjust the details". :smile:

Captain Lust said:
Kehlian said:
What is the most frustrating is reading Frank saying "a little while", "a little too early", "soon", "just needs some more polishing" when it's obviously far from finished. I was expecting something by the end of last year, and now, by the beggining of this year, but it's more and more obvious that they still have a lot of work to do, and it's not "soon" at all.
I'd really appreciate if you provided some actual quotes instead of this. We've tried very hard not to make any promises about development or release, despite endless, often angry requests and even demands for us to do so, and despite game development being incredibly unpredictable and complex.

I understand your frustration but please check your facts because I don't think your post is fair.

Frank I think its time for the PR department to grow balls and say to TW that we need to release some info. The information gap is beyond retarded now, people fight all over the forum for BL info and this is turning into a meme/rage discussion. Its been 6 **** months bro. I mean why do you decline even 1 screenshot to the public? You are a company, its understandable but this is getting annoying for all of us people who follow this thread for many months for some, years for others. To my eyes this is a big ''**** you'' by your part, sorry but its the truth.

Captain Lust said:

True and fair enough. Although, TW answers are vaguer than vague. Not even a "soon". More like a "...soon -ish?". I don't think anyone expects the exact date and time, but "you'll get to see something, probably, some time before E3" doesn't say, well, anything at all. Feed the hungry masses.  :razz:

Well if all goes as it has been, the TW team should fire up the steamapp, whatever version it is (it actually just got updated a couple hours ago) and we should see about 30 or so people play it for a couple days, and then go poof.  So development is happening since a schedule is being followed for testing.  Obviously where that's at, only they know.

K.A. said:
Maybe he meant the video presentations where you said "this is the game in its current state", "there's still polishing to be done and edges to be rounded". These words could be interpreted as "game is almost finished and there's only to adjust the details". :smile:
That video is a showcase of siege though and I think it's pretty clear I'm only talking about siege. If that's even where the misinterpretation has arisen from, though, which I suspect it isn't. There is a lot of false information out there and I feel that it can be the case that people believe it or assume the opinion or attitude of someone else, is based on something we've actually said, when it often isn't.

Anyway, I just wanted to challenge that quote since it was aimed at me, I feel, a bit unfairly.

578 said:
Frank I think its time for the PR department to grow balls and say to TW that we need to release some info. The information gap is beyond retarded now, people fight all over the forum for BL info and this is turning into a meme/rage discussion. Its been 6 **** months bro. I mean why do you decline even 1 screenshot to the public? You are a company, its understandable but this is getting annoying for all of us people who follow this thread for many months for some, years for others. To my eyes this is a big ''**** you'' by your part, sorry but its the truth.
Two things here:

The first is that we tend to avoid posting single screenshots like that, in a sort of breadcrumb trail, because our view (which I personally support) is that releasing information in that way is more likely to promote confusion, and ultimately worsen our communication, than it is to improve it.

The other is that there is information on its way *relatively* soon.

Captain Lust said:
... *relatively* soon.
xZ2Bv.gif

"The other is that there is information on its way *relatively* soon."

This is exactly what we're talking about.  When someone in your position says relatively soon, we expect something soon, not in the forever.  We were supposed to get a blog post "soon" months ago.  Still hasn't happened.  I understand that most of this thread is cancerous, but you can pretty easily see where we're coming from.

It's this kind of miscommunication with people that has inspired all this distrust in the first place.

Relax. Creating a game, especially from scratch - a new engine - is a challenging, artistic and often unpredictable process.
They've released plenty of information so far. I think it's clear to all they're taking their time, which is better than the alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom