Modders need to fix the game

Users who are viewing this thread

I really hate to say it but TW its just doing an awful work, i really dont understand their internal organizations or why they havent hired more people with all the money they made from Warband or Bannerlord release, but its none of my business and i dont care at this point.

Modders really have to take this game to where it belongs, let TW fix things like the pathfinding on sieges (which they could test in Captain Mode Multiplayer with Siege maps btw). Let TW fix the real core stuff and modders should fix the rest of the game, many of them are already at it, but they are doing it separately, so we have a mod with 3 helmets over here, another mod that balances units over there, its too dispersed and lacks cohesion.

So I propose modders to associate with a single objective, to provide the VANILLA Bannerlord experience that was meant to be, to try to get Bannerlord to the Warband + floris or diplomacy mods standard, like joining an army as a soldier for example, introducing a lot of new armours and weapons and changing the troop trees to integrate them, etc.

So what do you guys think?

EDIT: I know some stuff is subject to change, but its been 7 months of EA and they have accomplished little, so im thinking that at this rate is going to take them like 2 years to get the game to a respectable state

Mods will make it fun again, we just have to wait until TW finishes with the last of their updates.
Yeah but the problem is they are not going to stop updating until god knows when, the game could easily take 2 years to be a in a polished state, its been 7 months of EA and they havent done a lot of stuff. I really dont expect them to be more productive than they have been, they seriously need more staff

I really hate to say it but TW its just doing an awful work, i really dont understand their internal organizations or why they havent hired more people with all the money they made from Warband or Bannerlord release, but its none of my business and i dont care at this point.

Modders really have to take this game to where it belongs, let TW fix things like the pathfinding on sieges (which they could test in Captain Mode Multiplayer with Siege maps btw). Let TW fix the real core stuff and modders should fix the rest of the game, many of them are already at it, but they are doing it separately, so we have a mod with 3 helmets over here, another mod that balances units over there, its too dispersed and lacks cohesion.

So I propose modders to associate with a single objective, to provide the VANILLA Bannerlord experience that was meant to be, to try to get Bannerlord to the Warband + floris or diplomacy mods standard, like joining an army as a soldier for example, introducing a lot of new armours and weapons and changing the troop trees to integrate them, etc.

EDIT: I know some stuff is subject to change, but its been 7 months of EA and they have accomplished little, so im thinking that at this rate is going to take them like 2 years to get the game to a respectable state
This is the kind of bull**** that makes ppl feel less engaged to audience... thinking that modders are better than the Developers is just so ****ing ridiculous...
Modders, in all respect to them, they work on their time, they fix one problem at a time, ppl who mod games know this and some may even agree.. They're not better than the working ppl in TW.
Simply, because modders do not have to take meetings, do not have to answer to someone above them, Modders simply do what they want and TW's Staff can't do that, because it's something called JOBs and the PRoject Owner plan's.

Stop deifying Modders, they just work without rescrition that Nabberlord's staff has to deal with

Yeah people should waste their time and try to work with mangled code while being paid the atomic number of a neutronium because the game is bad and everyone in this community is delusional now

I take issue with this title. Saying that modders need to do anything is rather entitled. You can ask, suggest and hope that modders do something.

Not only are they providing something for free for the good of gamers as a whole, exemplifying (imo) one of the better sides of humanity, in the case of Bannerlord they also have to fight some incredibly bad code to do it.

Also, not to discourage the OP with community involvement, but modders are not a cohesive group of people that have monthly meetings to discuss overall direction. It is a collaborative, extremely ad-hoc, collection of individuals working on pet projects.

If the OP wants to exert any kind of influence I would highly suggest you to become a modder yourself rather than try to set any kind of direction from the "outside"

Bro they released the game into early access and they didnt even give some crossbowmen the appropiate crossbow skill level. I had to go to the .txt files to give the right the skill levels and change the sword of Vlandian Sharpshooters because they didnt spawn their sword, so i took the ID from the cavalry ones and gave it to them. It all took but a few minutes and its quite a noticeable change.

My point with that example is that TW is busy fixing core mechanics, its completely obvious they are better than modders, they are just too few for a game this size, they are about a hundred only for a studio with an incredible success like Warband, and an expectation of millions of copies sold with Bannerlord, its ridiculous that they are such a small team, and in that number there also clean workers. The fact that they did not even have one guy to fix details so easy to fix like the one i described for an EA release which you want to make look good proves they need more hands.

My point is that modders should try to take the work of adding assets, and making the game playable with temporary fixes, for example back in march i played with a mod that limited snowballing my forcing peace once a city or two castles were taken, it was light weight and it worked perfectly for my entire playthrough, it obviously didnt fix the real problem but it was a pretty damn good patch on the wound.

I take issue with this title. Saying that modders need to do anything is rather entitled. You can ask, suggest and hope that modders do something.

Not only are they providing something for free for the good of gamers as a whole, exemplifying (imo) one of the better sides of humanity, in the case of Bannerlord they also have to fight some incredibly bad code to do it.

Also, not to discourage the OP with community involvement, but modders are not a cohesive group of people that have monthly meetings to discuss overall direction. It is a collaborative, extremely ad-hoc, collection of individuals working on pet projects.

If the OP wants to exert any kind of influence I would highly suggest you to become a modder yourself rather than try to set any kind of direction from the "outside"
I have modded Skyrim a bit, im obviously not a good modder and im not forcing anyone to do what i say, its a suggestion, which is why the post ends with a What do you guys think? I know they are all very single minded, but i have seen plenty of modders work together on Skyrim projects like Skyrim Together or Skyblivion and i think that kind of association is the needed for M&B

I understand your point of view @Eneas21 , but my counter argument is that modders will mod what they find interesting to mod and nothing that you or I can say will change that.

What I would pose is that we, as users and creators of mods, should foster an approach of how to build mods that benefit the community at large throughout the longevity of Bannerlord.

This is an "article" that discusses the two most common approaches of how a modding community develops mods. I fully agree with the author's point of view of aiming, as a community, to tackle modding for Bannerlord in a "cathedral" approach. I am already very happy that so many mods at the Nexus are posting links to their GitHub repos and encouraging mod users to become contributors. This is a very healthy approach that I hope continues to exist through Bannerlord's shelf life.

The fact that they did not even have one guy to fix details so easy to fix like the one i described for an EA release which you want to make look good proves they need more hands.
This doesn't "prove" anything. I have yet to see core-mechanic updates consistent enough to prove that that is indeed where their priorities are. The closest you'll get is mexxico's work and even then they come at their own pace. Other than that, all the updates have been exclusively for small patches. If anything, this proves that they've ONLY been working on small patches. And quit saying 100 employees is a small dev size when Warband was created with just two people in half the time Bannerlord took. Yeah it's not AAA but it's also not "small".

Last edited:
This doesn't "prove" anything. I have yet to see core-mechanic updates consistent enough to prove that that is indeed where their priorities are. The closest you'll get is mexxico's work and even then they come at their own pace. Other than that, all the updates have been exclusively for small patches. If anything, this proves that they've ONLY been working on small patches. And quit saying 100 employees is a small dev size when Warband was created with just two people in half the time Bannerlord took. Yeah it's AAA but it's also not "small".
Well i think its small for the cash they make, which is great, keep making money, im happy for them, but invest some of that money back into the game. They just sold easily more than 2 or 3 million copies, and considering the amount of work the game needs i would say that 50 extra workers would be appropiate.

• they are hiring if you actually checked before you made this post (just hard to find skilled people in turkey; they even officially posted this)
  • 1 siege map is in reality 3 different maps if you multiply that with every castle in the game you get a pretty big number, its not smth you can work on in a few months. Humans are bound to make mistakes here and then. But feel free to create a map and you will see how long it takes

Agree with mods will make this game much funnier but modders won’t be ever able to do what devs are able to do. Fixing the core mechanics is what I especially expect from devs and I hope that most of bigger issues get fixed and implemented by them. Fixing cavalry AI, sieges AI and adding things like rebellions, crime system, etc, are things that I am really interested to get from devs.

• they are hiring if you actually checked before you made this post (just hard to find skilled people in turkey; they even officially posted this)
  • 1 siege map is in reality 3 different maps if you multiply that with every castle in the game you get a pretty big number, its not smth you can work on in a few months. Humans are bound to make mistakes here and then. But feel free to create a map and you will see how long it takes
Good! though they should consider hiring european developers and communicate in english, im sure that could be arranged

I did entire scenes in two weeks (highly detailed custom town map plus a siege map in 1257 AD) that are much bigger than Bannerlord castles in Warband. That's with that painful AI mesh grid as well. This is a 90 man company lol. Nice try, but you don't know what you are talking about.

I did entire scenes in two weeks (highly detailed custom town map plus a siege map in 1257 AD) that are much bigger than Bannerlord castles in Warband. That's with that painful AI mesh grid as well. This is a 90 man company lol. Nice try, but you don't know what you are talking about.
Were you the person who also did the spawns for the maps in 1257 or is that somebody else since ive got a few words for that person

I pity the modders having to bear the burden of Taleworld's bad management both internally and externally.
Trying to rescue a ship drifting the oceans for +7months, who even still waits for it to arrive at it's original destination?

did you plan how the gameplay will feel? In addition, warband is way simpler than bannerlord. You need a month for a single map and there are around 100 cities/castles?

Dont even know why you bring a warband example; you didnt use the bannerlord tools?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom