Modders need to fix the game

Users who are viewing this thread

If modders are so much better than TW, why do they need TW? ?
They need the engine and the mod tools.

Still they prooved that they are faster to fix bugs and add features much faster than TW, which is really sad.

In my actual game I have only one mounted unit (companion, no other mounted troops), he is in group 3 (nobody else is in group 3), when I select group 3 my char shouts "Infantry"....I can´t believe this isn´t fixed yet. Sure, just a small issue, but that´s make it even worse. It can´t be that hard to fix it or?

For example? It doesn't count unless the games are finished, bug free, balanced and better than Bannerlord. The modders can do everything after all, I believe they also finished Star Citizen (twice).

Released games
Last Oasis by cRPG developers/Donkey Crew(Early Access)

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind by Merlkir
Dead Monarchy by Bantichai
Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox by Winter

War of Rights by Hinkel and Austro
King of the World by Rungsted
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy by Swyter

Formata by Nezon
Holdfast: Nations at War by Jackson/Docm30
Golem Creation Kit by Winter
SAELIG by Stardog/Havoc

Felt Tip Circus by Winter
The Next World by Winter

Euclidean by Winter
King of Dragon Pass by Merlkir

In development

Iron Chieftain by Jacobhinds
Starium XCV by some Prophesy of Pendor developers
Trail of Ayash by Andzi Proxy
Warfare Evolved by Sebastian and GuiKa, Battle of Europe developers
We who are about to Die by Highelf

Git Gud or Get Rekt by comrade7 because he self proclaimed it as a sideproject free to play game
Kinstrife by Raz because nearly all of their links have been removed/expired and there hasn't been news in a very long time
Napoleonic Diary
Of Kings and Men/Melee Battleground because it's gone
Any game that was part of a game jam or similar event

Bear in mind that these are all tiny teams. I'm on this list too and I quit warband modding a while back.

Nowadays the people who can mod games are equally as skilled as paid developers, if not more so. Gone are the days when modders were random hobbyists with no prior experience. Making models and coding for modern games is something that requires a fair bit of technical knowledge, enough so that most people are put off immediately unless they went to university or have worked on games before. And nowadays that technical knowledge barrier for modding is so high that you could probably make your own game just as easily as a radical Bannerlord overhaul mod.

Bear in mind that these are all tiny teams. I'm on this list too and I quit warband modding a while back.

Nowadays the people who can mod games are equally as skilled as paid developers, if not more so. Gone are the days when modders were random hobbyists with no prior experience. Making models and coding for modern games is something that requires a fair bit of technical knowledge, enough so that most people are put off immediately unless they went to university or have worked on games before. And nowadays that technical knowledge barrier for modding is so high that you could probably make your own game just as easily as a radical Bannerlord overhaul mod.

Didn't the King of Dragon Pass come out in the 90s? I feel like it did because I very vividly remember playing it before the turn of the century.

Last edited:
Damn I forgot I even made that list.

It's worth noting that out of those games, Last Oasis sold a very large amount of copies and has a steady playerbase, Holdfast and War of Rights are also games that were successful, they still have a small but dedicated playerbase.

Didn't the King of Dragon Pass come out in the 90s?
The original version did yes, in the 2010s they had a number of successful ports to iOS, Android and PC. I believe Merlkir did the artwork for the remasters. Since the remaster was successful, they also released a spiritual successor called Six Ages.

Thanks, never heard about these games, so I just guess they aren't better than Bannerlord.

By the way, most mods are pretty bad.

Last edited:

That's true, a great Total War modder, Darth, are making his own strategy games now.

Funny thing - I was expecting mods to fix some simple things - like right now we have only 3-4 battle scenes for each type of terrain, excluding the desert ones (those are only 2) and also scenes and all that. But all I see right now on Nexus is garbage like "More bandits". Or total conversions which will be finished by the time my hair get grey.

Even old good mods like Settlement icons haven't been updated since April. Kinda sad.

Funny thing - I was expecting mods to fix some simple things - like right now we have only 3-4 battle scenes for each type of terrain, excluding the desert ones (those are only 2) and also scenes and all that. But all I see right now on Nexus is garbage like "More bandits". Or total conversions which will be finished by the time my hair get grey.

Even old good mods like Settlement icons haven't been updated since April. Kinda sad.

Yeah, considering how quickly you can put together an open or open-ish battle map, I'm really surprised we haven't gotten at least a map pack from modders or anything.

This is a really good one: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2482

This is the kind of bull**** that makes ppl feel less engaged to audience... thinking that modders are better than the Developers is just so ****ing ridiculous...
Modders, in all respect to them, they work on their time, they fix one problem at a time, ppl who mod games know this and some may even agree.. They're not better than the working ppl in TW.
Simply, because modders do not have to take meetings, do not have to answer to someone above them, Modders simply do what they want and TW's Staff can't do that, because it's something called JOBs and the PRoject Owner plan's.

Stop deifying Modders, they just work without rescrition that Nabberlord's staff has to deal with
you are having a verbal diarrhea here mate... Developers are paid to do it, modders are not, still mods manage to come up with better game designs way too often (and that doesn't limit to TW and Mount&Blade, mind you.)
You are arguing that non-professionals who manage to achieve better results than professionals, in their free-time (often during weekends), are getting a pass due to professionals having meetings? Are you ****ing serious?

God... Yeah, mods for Warband would surpass the base game by a million miles, and so far they are still better (Warband Mods) than the new game (Bannerlord) in almost every design element (except for graphics, for obvious reasons)

a great Total War modder

Darth

Pick one.

_SVn2.png

you are having a verbal diarrhea here mate... Developers are paid to do it, modders are not, still mods manage to come up with better game designs way too often (and that doesn't limit to TW and Mount&Blade, mind you.)
You are arguing that non-professionals who manage to achieve better results than professionals, in their free-time (often during weekends), are getting a pass due to professionals having meetings? Are you ****ing serious?

God... Yeah, mods for Warband would surpass the base game by a million miles, and so far they are still better (Warband Mods) than the new game (Bannerlord) in almost every design element (except for graphics, for obvious reasons)

They are not paid by a regular job, but they sometimes ask for donations.

Aside from that, they can work on whatever they want, whenever they want and take all the time they want and do it however they feel it should be done. There is no way to compare someone like that to someone accountable for something that they make a living on, that have to justify their working hours and follow a hierarchical structure. Look how many abandoned mods are left over at Nexus.

Modders not even in the same stratosphere as developers. Not one bannerlord modder could make one horse melee battle with one soldier in even a remotely competent, interesting and engaging way from scratch. Yes they do add spice and variety to already established good games but there is a huge difference between that and actually designing core engine gameplay. Ive seen some really talented modders get pissed at developers for lack of acknowledgment and send off in a hissy fit to try and create a rival game from scratch -generally dont end well...

Back
Top Bottom