Modders need to fix the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Fully agree with you. Officially integrating coop would sacrifice intended gameplay. As a mod it's perfect though, being optional without big expectations. Which is why I don't get the problem, modders already successfully integrated it, there is absolutely no need to make it an official feature.

I agree, considering where we are in terms off bugs (siege path finding) it would have delayed things even further.

Yeah, considering how quickly you can put together an open or open-ish battle map, I'm really surprised we haven't gotten at least a map pack from modders or anything.

I actually do have a battle scene pack that's part way done, but it takes a while to get the nav mesh and tactical assets set up to where the AI isn't ****ing up. You also have to account for seasonal variation so it's really like making 4 scenes for every scene (though the last 3 are much easier to do). You also have to keep in mind that we don't want to release garbage... my first ~10 scenes or so technically WORK, but they aren't very good compared to my latest ones. It takes time to get comfortable with the tools and figure out what you can/can't do and the curve at the beginning is pretty steep.

So that's one issue, and then on top of that TW dropped a village scenemaking contest on us with a computer for a prize, and I think a lot of people who were working on scene packs (myself included) stopped to work on those scenes for a month or two.

You will get some scene packs eventually though!

I actually do have a battle scene pack that's part way done, but it takes a while to get the nav mesh and tactical assets set up to where the AI isn't ****ing up.

Yeah, the testing phase is where my process slows down the most and I keep doing dumb **** like deciding I hate some bit of terrain, redoing it and forgetting to change all the AI stuff around.

Back
Top Bottom