List threads

Unlock

  • yay

    Votes: 29 85.3%
  • nay

    Votes: 5 14.7%

  • Total voters
    34

shin

Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
Calamity said:
Eladon said:
I'm sorry I just fundamentally disagree with you, lists don't need approved list makers and you don't need a pilot program to test putting list threads on your forum. It's all overlegislated, even your reply is just like your talking about governing the Galactic Senate. It's threads on a forum, if they go too far off topic just delete comments or lock threads, it's not rocket science.
Funny you mention over-moderation yet you recommend deletion of comments. Censorship is the best right? Last time I checked that was never a policy on TaleWorlds unless it's a really bad post, banned users circumventing or spam bots.

I don't know what axe you have to grind but it sounds like you need to vent. Mission successful! Perhaps you can go back to doing what your personal text says and we'll all live a happy life. :wink:
I also see nothing wrong with deleting retard comments and spam, that's exactly a moderator's job. Also what are you even speaking of? We're talking about the list threads being banned - they are actually banned, I can't post one despite having more Warband experience and love in my blood than the lot of you combined.

Do they teach this horrific passive aggressive style of posting in the TW Moderation Academy or something?
 

Calamity

Il Padrino
Best answers
0
Eladon said:
I also see nothing wrong with deleting (lol) comments and spam, that's exactly a moderator's job. Also what are you even speaking of? We're talking about the list threads being banned - they are actually banned,
Do they teach this horrific passive aggressive style of posting in the TW Moderation Academy or something?
You are a model citizen for moderation. Keep digging you may find something worthwhile.

Also, you called me out:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,383496.msg9105287.html#msg9105287
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,383496.msg9104611.html#msg9104611

"despite having more Warband experience and love in my blood than the lot of you combined."
This is the funniest thing I've read all week and may stay that way. You sure do like talking out of your ***.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: Can everyone get back to discussing lists? I am done. Sorry for the derail.
 

ssalih

Baron
WB
Best answers
0
This whole thread;


I changed my mind. Just lock down all the list threads since people dont know how to behave.
 

S_

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
0
Calamity said:
Eladon said:
I'm sorry I just fundamentally disagree with you, lists don't need approved list makers and you don't need a pilot program to test putting list threads on your forum. It's all overlegislated, even your reply is just like your talking about governing the Galactic Senate. It's threads on a forum, if they go too far off topic just delete comments or lock threads, it's not rocket science.
Funny you mention over-moderation yet you recommend deletion of comments. Censorship is the best right? Last time I checked that was never a policy on TaleWorlds unless it's a really bad post, banned users circumventing or spam bots.

I don't know what axe you have to grind but it sounds like you need to vent. Mission successful! Perhaps you can go back to doing what your personal text says and we'll all live a happy life. :wink:
Arent you the guy who banned me on bladecast twitch just for saying hello on russian
 

shin

Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
Eladon said:
It's the purpose of this thread, to talk about the list threads.
Eladon said:
I'm sorry I just fundamentally disagree with you, lists don't need approved list makers and you don't need a pilot program to test putting list threads on your forum. It's all overlegislated, even your reply is just like your talking about governing the Galactic Senate. It's threads on a forum, if they go too far off topic just delete comments or lock threads, it's not rocket science.
Eladon said:
I also see nothing wrong with deleting retard comments and spam, that's exactly a moderator's job. Also what are you even speaking of? We're talking about the list threads being banned - they are actually banned, I can't post one despite having more Warband experience and love in my blood than the lot of you combined.
Do they teach this horrific passive aggressive style of posting in the TW Moderation Academy or something?


Calamity said:
This is the funniest thing I've read all week and may stay that way. You sure do like talking out of your ***.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: Can everyone get back to discussing lists? I am done. Sorry for the derail.
I'm embarrassed for you please stick to not being a moderator instead of trying to be some kind of (very) offensive vigilante moderator. I was talking about list threads and my problems with them. It's ultimately very disappointing for me that the over-moderation I am talking about is effecting me as I seem to have received a warning for one of the above posts. I don't believe I have said anything that an official member (or ex) of TW Forum Staff hasn't said to me significantly more aggressively.
 

_Osiris_

Baron
WBNWWF&SVC
Best answers
0
I don't think it's very offensive to laugh at you for saying you have more warband experience than "the lot of you combined"  i would say that would be the typical reaction from moat people  :fruity:
 

Orion

Global Moderator
M&BWBWF&SNW
Best answers
0
Donut The Donut said:
Well yesterday one of you deleted a post that said "kfc and watermelon". I dont think thats "a really bad post" because thats reserved for hurtful comments. Mine was a harmless one-liner. You mods need to get over yourselves and agree with your own policies LUL
Context is everything. You know why and where you posted it, and what was posted right before it. We don't do casual racism here.



Eladon said:
I also see nothing wrong with deleting retard comments and spam, that's exactly a moderator's job. Also what are you even speaking of? We're talking about the list threads being banned - they are actually banned, I can't post one despite having more Warband experience and love in my blood than the lot of you combined.

Do they teach this horrific passive aggressive style of posting in the TW Moderation Academy or something?
First, my comment on what others have responded to already: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're right, deleting inappropriate comments and spam is part of what we volunteer to do. Few things are considered volatile enough to warrant a blanket ban, but when it is done then it's a preemptive measure to reduce inappropriate comments and spam. The censorship of list threads in general is something that the current moderation team sees as potentially unnecessary, which is why we're running a trial period to see if there's justification for allowing them again. The subject matter isn't inherently controversial, offensive, or inappropriate, but list threads would often draw out big egos with bristly attitudes. There were also whimsical joke lists being made at a high enough rate that they began to clutter the board. The fact that they were a large contributor to inappropriate comments and spam is why they were banned in the first place, which is in line with moderation policy. The ongoing review undertaken by current moderators will determine if they still are a large contributor. Knee-jerk reactions from moderators are bad practice, especially when it's overturning previous decisions, which is part of why we're not just lifting the ban all at once. Unbanning list threads has been on the table for months, we just recently decided to start rolling it out. If it were as simple as yea or nay, do you think I'd bother putting up with the abuse in this thread?
 

shin

Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
The laughing stocks of WB come out to play :facepalm: Enjoy your needlessly overlegislated list threads.

I'll leave it here you gits don't deserve me.
 

Orion

Global Moderator
M&BWBWF&SNW
Best answers
0
Fietta said:
Shin please dont post here again ty
Apollo~ said:
Fietta said:
Shin please dont post here again ty
KaneMaB said:
Fietta said:
Shin please dont post here again ty
wiFi CIIGES is DED said:
Fietta said:
Shin please dont post here again ty
Danate said:
Shin the biggest meme that has accomplished nothing haha Hahaha
Not really helping, guys. :razz: