Mod Description for Version 4.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Version 4 is released on Sep. 13 2023 at ModDB. Here is the download link.

Download Calradia 1050 A.D. V. 4.0 from ModDB

Summary of Major Mod Features
Calradia 1050 A.D. Mercenary Uprising V. 4.0 is built on the following major modifications for Warband:
  • Diplomacy 4.2. Credit: Waihti, hessuu, fisheye, rubik, jrider, Mjöllnir, Akmar Nibelung and zParsifal
  • Pre-Battle Orders and Deployment (PBOD).92 including Formations (with some code from PBOD .96 to fix an opcode error). Credit: Caba`Drin (PBOD) & motomataru (formations).
  • Freelancer 1.51. (with several fixes from Floris 2.55 and some modified code by me). Credit: Taragoth for original code and Floris Mod Team for fixes.
  • JacobHinds improved morale and routing system code. This replaces the morale and routing code in the Formations code. Credit: JacobHinds at Taleworlds Forum.
  • Three added factions (Keltons, Khergiz, and Geroians). Credit: Redleg
  • My own modification of troop recruitment including town and castle recruitment and manor recruitment as well as customizable troops. Credit: I modified code by Laszers (town/castle recruitment) and modified Bismark's custom kingdom troop code from his Native Mod Compilation source to use for my custom troops, including several of my own fixes to his original code to fix a few glitches. I also coded the option to hire peasant troops at the training grounds.
  • Other features are discussed in their respective section below and in the full credits list for Ver. 4.0.
V. Changelist for Version 4.0

Version 4.0 is a full standalone mod. This changelist reflects only the changes made since Version 3.0. and the two patches for Version 3.0.

Gameplay Changes
  • Proper implementation of Jacob Hinds’ Morale and Routing code. The code now works as intended and reduces battle lag.
  • Added JRider’s Expanded Nobility Title System with my modifications.
  • Added option to start as a vassal- code modified from KAOS Political kit by Lazerus.
  • Option to choose which side to join in battle by Mordechai.
  • Extended Prisoner Chat (modified) by Mordachai.
  • Added horse archer AI from 1257 A.D. (modified by me).
  • New Faction Relations report format by JRider to better show all nine factions.
  • Added my own code for recruitment from training grounds (peasant men).
  • Added my own code to permit hiring of trained archers in castles/towns if you are part of that faction.
  • Increased potential battle size to 300 by modifying mission templates and module.ini (lead charge only).
  • Fixed smaller faction aristocracy issues (ages, etc.) made changes to the three small factions so that there are 4 fathers instead of 3 and ages of lords and ladies are more realistic. Also modified some the NPC lord faces for these factions.
  • Renamed the Kelton faction to Balion in keeping with the game lore. Renamed the Khergiz faction back to Khergit.
  • Modified character creation menu to focus on proficiencies relating to choices made in character creation and on equipment given at game start to player.
Troops Changes
I made a good number of troop changes, not all of which I have documented. You can view the troops trees in game to see the troops and their equipment. The most important changes are:
  • All troops have been made tougher (better weapons proficiencies and higher iron flesh).
  • I created new armors or improved existing armors for each faction, especially for Khergits and Geroians.
  • Expanded the mercenary lines with new troops and new armors.
  • Expanded the “honor troops” types.
  • Added ranged troops in the Custom Troop tree.
Scene Changes
  • Using the Native Warband Siege Scenes Pack by Lord Samuel. If you don’t like these scenes, you can replace with native scenes.
  • Added different castle for Geroians (created by: Ted from Ted's Oasis Scene).
  • Added 1 new village for Khergits, Balions, and Geroians.
  • Added snowy bushes to snow areas- used native flora retextured.
  • Added desert bushes to desert areas- used native flora as well as CWE flora from their OSP.
  • Added The Bowman’s custom battle scenes. There are 10 scenes for each terrain type and the game selects the scene at random. These are fairy large battle maps.
Graphics Changes
  • Reverted back to Native Warband skyboxes.
  • Reverted back to Native Warband grass meshes (instead of taller grass meshes).
  • Women’s faces: new textures by Aquil and mesh by xPearce.
  • Some new hair styles from Modders Hair team ThrottleKitty, Ren, and Rosesim.
Streamlining the Mod
I wanted to reduce the load on the PC so I modified or removed various things, including:
  • Removed More Metal Sounds- revert to native sounds plus Dedal’s tavern music.
  • For sound files, converted native ogg formats to wav format to improve performance.
  • Removed the Permanent Camp coding from mod.
  • Removed unused meshes, materials, and textures from BRFs.
MISC Fixes
  • Fixed some of the new map banners not waving.
  • Better implementation of the morale & routing code by Jacob Hinds (I corrected the errors I made in implementing Jacob’s great code).
  • Possible fix to feasts bug that produced some OPCODE errors for some players.
  • Fixed fort demolition issue (Tocan's Fix from Taleworlds Forum).

You can view the complete credits list below. Thanks again to all whose OSP work I have used. The Warband modding community is a great community!

If I have somehow omitted your own work from the list, I apologize for the oversight. Please PM me at ModDB.com. Redleg99 is my user name. You can also PM me at forums.taleworlds.com if you are a member there. My user name is Redleg.

Main Gameplay Coded Features

• Diplomacy 4.2. Credit: Waihti, hessuu, fisheye, rubik, jrider, Mjöllnir, Akmar Nibelung and zParsifal
  • Pre-Battle Orders and Deployment (PBOD).92 including Formations (with some code from PBOD .96 to fix an opcode error). Credit: Caba`Drin (PBOD) & motomataru (formations).
  • Freelancer 1.51. (with several fixes from Floris 2.55 and modifications to parts of code by me). Credit: Taragoth for original code and Floris Mod Team for fixes.
  • JacobHinds improved morale and routing system code. This replaces the morale and routing code in the Formations code. Credit: JacobHinds at Taleworlds Forum.
  • Three added factions (Keltons, Khergiz, and Geroians). Credit: Redleg
  • My own modification of troop recruiting including town and castle recruitment and manor recruitment as well as customizable troops. Credits: I modified code by Laszers (town/castle recruitment) and modified Bismark's custom kingdom troop code from his Native Mod Compilation source to use for my custom troops, including several of my own fixes to his original code to fix a few glitches. I also coded the option to hire peasant troops at the training grounds.

Other Mini-mods and Codes
  • Tavern Animations and Sounds. Credit: Daedalus / Slawomir of Aaarrghh (I included the tavern traveler modifications suggested by Stan in the Taleworlds Forum for the OSP Tavern)
  • Bridge Battles Kit. Credit: Arch3r
  • Banking Kit (Landlords and Moneylenders). Credit: Duh.
  • Outposts Kit v0.8. Credit: Lumos with help of cdvader, Caba`drin, bobirov, Dawg of War, L00ter, and Nordous. Fix for outpost demolition bug by Tocan.
  • Perfect Troop Tree Presentation. Credit: Rubik.
  • Recruit troops from castles and towns. Credit: Laszers. (I modified the scripts and created a simple trigger to replenish supply of available recruits every 30 days). I have further modified to make compatible with the custom troops recruitment feature.
  • Recruit peasants from training grounds. My code.
  • Auto-sort troops in castles. Credit: Rubik.
  • Spear Two-Attack Direction animation and code. Credit: Hoboistice.
  • Combat Animation Enhancement v5.0. Credit: Papa Lazarou
  • Salt Mines to have your prisoners earn you money each week. Credit: Tocan (code from Tocan's Calradia).
  • Buy troops rest time in the tavern to improve morale. Credit: Tocan (code modified from Tocan's Calradia).
  • Kill count showing enemies killed by player and by NPCs Credit: Taragoth (from Freelancer 1.50).
  • Script to guarantee all melee weapons (OSP). Credit: SonKidd, with mission templates modification suggested by Thorberg. I modified and used this script to force certain troops to spawn with the side-arms in their inventory. I also modified this script to guarantee certain skirmishers with throwing weapons.
  • Code that increases max party size for owning a fief, owning castles, being a marshal, or being king. Credit: Caba 'drin.
  • Script that allows raids to be broken off by the player. Credit: Caba`Drin.
  • Script that gives player high-end faction armor after becoming a vassal. Credit: Modified from Tocan’s code.
  • Rongar's “Factionize Items” code to help limit faction-specific items to their faction towns. This code worked fairly well, although there may be a few items that I forgot to designate to the faction that will show up in other shops. Credit: Rongar.
  • The honor troops recruitment event is my modification of code used for a similar event in the Brytenwalda mod. Credit: Brytenwalda Mod Team.
  • Horse Archer AI is slightly modified from the 1257 A.D. Mod version 1.13 code. Credit: 1257 A.D. Mod Team.
  • Expanded Nobility Title System (modified by me). Credit: JRider.
  • Option to start as a vassal. Credit: Lazerus (from KAOS Political Kit).
  • Choose which side to join in battle. Credit: Mordechai.
  • Prisoner Chat (modified by me). Credit: Mordechai.
  • New Faction Relations Report. Credit: JRider.
  • Increased potential battle size to 300 by altering mission templates and setting in module.ini. Based on “tutorial” by Leonion at Taleworlds Forums.
Armor and Weapons Items (Used in various versions)
  • 1429 Edition mod team - bill weapon
  • AD 1257 mod- Varangian Helmet
  • Akosmo OSP pack - various weapons
  • Al Manseur- selected helmets
  • Alpha Delta's Ancient Warriors- selected armors
  • Alpha Delta's Viking Pack - selected armors
  • Aquietfrog's lamellar texture
  • ARriad's Mace Pack
  • Battle of Europe OSP- several armors.
  • Bloc's Northerner Horses- 4 northerner horses
  • Bogmir- several weapons from OSP
  • Brego OSP- selected armors
  • BrustwarzenLenny Nord Armors- selected armors
  • BrustwarzenLenny Shields - selected shields
  • Brytenwalda Mod Team- selected armors and weapons
  • Count of Westeros - armors
  • Crusader Way to Expiation (CWE) mod team- selected armors and shields, some desert flora.
  • Dariel Indo-Person OSPs - several weapons and helmet
  • Dejawulf- selected helmets
  • Dejawulf's Viking Packs- selected armors
  • Dia151 - various lances
  • Dia151 Arab Equipment OSP- selected armors
  • Dia151 Mongol Armor Pack- Mongol armor.
  • DNO Historical Wars mod team - various weapons and armor
  • DRZ Armors- selected armors
  • Faradon Items – weapons and helmets
  • Fred's Bunch of Armors- selected armors
  • Frell's Kazakh Armor pack – selected armor
  • Giap’s Vietnamese Armor pack- selected armor
  • Gluck's maces pack – selected maces
  • Gothic Knight's Dark Ages OSP v 1.50- selected weapons
  • Gothic Knight's HalfCataphracts – selected horses
  • Gothic Knight's Spangenhelm model and textures- selected helms
  • Hans Weapons Pack - mongol cap
  • Hispania 1200- shader for battle banners
  • IgorBB – more body armors, helmets, and weapons
  • IgorBB OSP (2015 update): selected armors and helmets
  • IgorBB OSP- selected weapons
  • Kojjam's Viking Swords OSP- selected weapons
  • Kovas items BTWK- selected armor and shields
  • Leinnan and Lotnik- spear and helmt from OSP
  • Leonion's Native Armor OSP which combines Native meshes with different native textures which were re-mapped to the mesh.
  • Life Erikson - selected weapons and armor
  • Llew's OSP Mount & Gladius- selected armors, weapons, shields
  • Lucas OSP Weapons packs I,II, and III- selected weapons
  • Mackie Weapons OSP- selected weapons
  • Narf's Rus Armour_Pack v1.3- selected armors
  • Njunja_eastern_1.5- selected armors
  • Ohagi's Armor Pack OSP (Kai)- some armors
  • Open Source Project Weapons – several weapons
  • OSP XIII Century Eastern Europe, parts I and II- selected armors
  • Pino Armor Packs (Vol. 2 v1.4, v1.2, faction packs)- selected armors
  • Raptor OSP- selected weapons.
  • Rathos 7-11 Century OSP (Saxon and Norman)- selected weapons and armor
  • Rathos Helmets- selected helmets
  • Rathos Weapons Pack- selected weapons
  • Redserf- several armors from OSP
  • Rigadoon Daggers OSP- several knives
  • Russia 13th Century: Way of the Warrior mod- selected armor and weapons.
  • Sacred Stone Head (SSH)- items from Nord Armor Set
  • Sclavinia mod OSP- a few helmets and armors
  • Shik - various weapons
  • Sly's Armor Pack - helmet
  • Smiley- helmets from OSP
  • Sonyer OSP- selected armor
  • Spak OSP Items- selected weapons.
  • Spak- several weapons from OSP
  • Stepan Dinavoa OSP- armor.
  • Stonehead Saxon - selected weapons, armor
  • Talak Unique Armory- selected weapons
  • TGAA Ancient Armory- selected armor and weapons
  • Thicke OSP Item Variants - various armors
  • TLD mod team - various armors and weapons
  • Waewulf's Light Armor Pack- selected armor
  • Wanderer's YesMoreHorses v 5.0- selected horses
  • WEe's Helmets OSP- selected helmets
  • Wei Xiadi Armour Project v1.1- selected armor
  • Yoman's Helmets OSP 1.2- selected helmets

OSP Scenes
  • Native Castle and Towns siege scenes replaced by Lord Native Warband Siege Scenes Pack. Credit: Lord Samuel.
  • Heardburgh Castle scene: wooden castle (“grasslands fort”) from the Nordous Sceners Guild OSP. I modified the entry points to make it work with single-player. Credit: Nordous Sceners Guild.
  • Bridge Battle scenes. Credit: Arch3r.
  • Historic Castles Project - the British Isles v1.2. (3 used for Kelton castles). Credit: Adorno.
  • Town of Ashford exterior (for Keltons). I modified the siege scene entry point for defenders. Credit: Lord Canute.
  • Outpost and Fort scenes for the Outpost Kit. Credit: Nordous
  • Custom Battle Scenes. Credit: The Bowman.
  • Ted’s Oasis Sarranid Castle. Credit: Ted.
Graphics and Sound Mods
  • Sounds from Tavern Animation Pack. Credit: Daedalus / Slawomir of Aaarrghh.
  • Female Face Textures. Credit: Aquil.
  • Female Face Mesh. Credit: xPearce.
  • Male faces (2). Credit: JedQ.
  • Expanded Horizons v1.1. Credit: Openshaw.
  • Quapittiy's Banners OSP for 2 new banner sets. Credit: Quapittiy.
  • Some new hair styles. Credit: Modders Hair team ThrottleKitty, Ren, and Rosesim.

I hope you enjoy the mod as much as I have. Please report any bugs on the bugs reporting thread and make sure you include the version number of the mod.

Last edited:
I should mention that I recently released Patch 1 for version 4. It fixes a few bugs, including the one that occurs when you finally become king and can't recruit properly from your towns and castles. I am working on the next full version release and expect to finish it soon.

Odd 4.0 bug to report. Had it occur twice on two different savegames. Even with shield bash disabled my char will non stop spam shield bash if I hold the defend key (mouse 2 in my case). Started happening in both games at the start of an on-foot arena/tournament match but then continues to occur when using any shield in any on foot situation afterwards. Like a script is stuck in a loop or something.

Back
Top Bottom