?Gamescom 2019 (20-24 August)

Users who are viewing this thread

Gab-AG. said:
More or less...

1vFgvdL.jpg
Ahaha, dat face is epic!  :lol:

Hello everybody and what an honor to see my videos posted in the TaleWorlds forums too!  :party:

Piconi said:
New video from Gamescom 2019 about Policies, renown, influence and clan tiers from MikeSavage who was digging deeper into singleplayer than anyone !

New topic about those features as seen in the video : Policies + New Singleplayer Details ( video )

The fact that I join the conversation and start writing on the forums only now shows how inexperienced I am with the whole community behind Mount & Blade.  :???:

As to the content I am creating, my intention is to act as a link between sources of information such as TaleWorlds, this forum (and whatever can provide me that) and the community I am really enjoying being a part of!

I am afraid I won't satisfy all the highly-informed veterans here because, well...they already have a huge knowledge pool, probably read all of the dev blogs and know many mechanics in and out, but I will try my best! I will do my homework, read all of the Dev Blogs and keep myself informed through other sources, even though I discovered M&B just 2 years ago.  :wink:

As the curious and knowledge-hungry person I am myself, the best and most important thing is making people happy with information about the game and to open up an interesting conversation about the mechanics, gameplay and so on in the comments, in the forum and on other platforms.

That said, to all of you, thank you for this warm welcome in the forum and have a nice day!  :smile:

MikeSavage said:
Hello everybody and what an honor to see my videos posted in the TaleWorlds forums too!  :party:

Piconi said:
New video from Gamescom 2019 about Policies, renown, influence and clan tiers from MikeSavage who was digging deeper into singleplayer than anyone !

New topic about those features as seen in the video : Policies + New Singleplayer Details ( video )

The fact that I join the conversation and start writing on the forums only now shows how inexperienced I am with the whole community behind Mount & Blade.  :???:

As to the content I am creating, my intention is to act as a link between sources of information such as TaleWorlds, this forum (and whatever can provide me that) and the community I am really enjoying being a part of!

I am afraid I won't satisfy all the highly-informed veterans here because, well...they already have a huge knowledge pool, probably read all of the dev blogs and know many mechanics in and out, but I will try my best! I will do my homework, read all of the Dev Blogs and keep myself informed through other sources, even though I discovered M&B just 2 years ago.  :wink:

As the curious and knowledge-hungry person I am myself, the best and most important thing is making people happy with information about the game and to open up an interesting conversation about the mechanics, gameplay and so on in the comments, in the forum and on other platforms.

That said, to all of you, thank you for this warm welcome in the forum and have a nice day!  :smile:
Welcome again  :party:
I hoped someone or in this case, you, continue to give us some singleplayer goodies, in order to survive the wait until march!

Many things bother me in the current state of the game, as seen at gsmescom, but this Vercesand castle siege scene seems like the castle is surrounded by a huuge lake on 3 sides, and just 1 side is open to attack, but on the world map the castle is actually on a mountain, NO river or lake anywhere close, the LAKE IS GONE!

Really immersion breaking !

This is the same castle on siege scene and on world map:

MO7n67n.jpg

bhhCjnI.jpg

Taleworlds, on the world map...where the LAKE at ?!

Piconi said:
New video of singleplayer Gameplay from Gamescom 2019 by Taleworlds themselves :

Many things bother me in the current state of the game, but this Vercesand castle siege scene seems like the castle is surrounded by a huuge lake on 3 sides, and just 1 side is open to attack, but on the world map the castle is actually on a mountain, NO river or lake anywhere close, the LAKE IS GONE!

MO7n67n.jpg

bhhCjnI.jpg

Well, in the battle scene you can still see the mountains in the background, and the castle itself looks the same in both, which is good. Maybe the lake could be considered too small to warrant representation on the world map. Of course, it would look prettier if it were there, and would better inform you about the situation of the siege, that's true.

John the Roleplayer said:
Piconi said:
New video of singleplayer Gameplay from Gamescom 2019 by Taleworlds themselves :

Many things bother me in the current state of the game, but this Vercesand castle siege scene seems like the castle is surrounded by a huuge lake on 3 sides, and just 1 side is open to attack, but on the world map the castle is actually on a mountain, NO river or lake anywhere close, the LAKE IS GONE!

MO7n67n.jpg

bhhCjnI.jpg

Of course, it would look prettier if it were there, and would better inform you about the situation of the siege, that's true.

It seemed strange to me that, for every other siege videos i saw, as soon as they approached a castle close enough from any side, there was an option to siege, and for this castle he was so close on the world map, right under the walls, but had to walk arround to the front to get the option for a siege. If the lake was there, i would know straight away from which direction to approach, one and the only one possible.

Piconi said:
John the Roleplayer said:
Piconi said:

MO7n67n.jpg

bhhCjnI.jpg

Of course, it would look prettier if it were there, and would better inform you about the situation of the siege, that's true.

It seemed strange to me that, for every other siege videos i saw, as soon as they approached a castle close enough from any side, there was an option to siege, and for this castle he was so close on the world map, right under the walls, but had to walk arround to the front to get the option for a siege. If the lake was there, i would know straight away from which direction to approach, one and the only one possible.

I think that was the default castle for the Demo, but I don't know.

Piconi said:
fedeita said:
Piconi that's the same demo they used for gamescom so many scenes are just placeholders
I hope so, so as for many other things seen in the demo. . .

CKyHC said:
at the last gamescome 2018 there was one scene for each city / village / castle (this was announced)
but this time the castle scene was the same for everyone too
(no progress for the year?)

Ab Comer Castle
Pendaric Castle
Rhemtoil Castle

exception (but this is the same castle with a Low level of fortifications)
Llanoc Hen Castle

Perhaps they were the best optimized castles and that's why they reused them so much in the demo. I hope they finish them at least 80% by the time the early access comes out.

There were very few battle scenes as well, some of which we even saw at last year's Gamescom, and most of them did not match up to the world map either. This might be indicative that a lot of work still needs to be done for scenes.

So there were interview with Callum from some russian website. I can translate it fully if you want but it's basically same questions over and over again. Only 3 interesting questions (they were new for me but you guys maybe already know answers for them)

Interviewer: I've noticed that storyline made an appearance in the game?
Callum: Bannerlord is still a sandbox game and people can do whatever they want. But for those who want to move in certain direction we have storyline.
I: How much time do you need to complete storyline?
Callum: Approximately 40 hours. But you need to consider that we have dynamic world, so every walkthrough would be unique. Depending on circumstances every walkthrough can be shorter or lengther. And surely replayability would be high.

I: There are a lot of minor factions in the game. Can we join them?
Callum: Directly no. But you can benefit from them, for example by recruiting mercenaries from them.

I: And what about mounts in Mount and Blade? Besides horses do you have exotic mounts?
Callum: We have alot of different types of horses blahblahblah. Also you can ride camels blahblahblah. Also fans wished that there were elephants in the game. I think that eventually they will make appearance in the game, in one of our patches or in some mod.

Back
Top Bottom