SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

viperswhip said:
Are the White Walkers in the show really immune to all steel, like if Gregor got in a clean full force hit with his huge sword it wouldn't do anything? That feels wrong but you can be immune to non magic weapons in D&D as well, so whatever.

But yes the zpmbie dudes should be killable by all soldiers.

As to Cozur, I wouldn't blame him if he has stepped away, Bannerlord is imminent, and soon we will all move to that game.

The sword would shatter to pieces... Simple as that... White Walker would just stare at his face like he was a scenario tree, then proceed to kill him with his ice weapon... In the show you can clearly see that in Thenn... Most of the fighting is between undead and free folk, but once a White Walker get's in everybody dies to that guy until Jon Snow uses Longclaw... If I'm not mistaken some fool shatters his sword on the White Walker too... In the books the paramount difference is that White Walkers are like shadows, so I wouldn't be surprised if common steel would pass through them doing NADA...

xdj1nn said:
viperswhip said:
Are the White Walkers in the show really immune to all steel, like if Gregor got in a clean full force hit with his huge sword it wouldn't do anything? That feels wrong but you can be immune to non magic weapons in D&D as well, so whatever.

As to Cozur, I wouldn't blame him if he has stepped away, Bannerlord is imminent, and soon we will all move to that game.

The sword would shatter to pieces... Simple as that... White Walker would just stare at his face like he was a scenario tree, then proceed to kill him with his ice weapon... In the show you can clearly see that in Thenn... Most of the fighting is between undead and free folk, but once a White Walker get's in everybody dies to that guy until Jon Snow uses Longclaw... If I'm not mistaken some fool shatters his sword on the White Walker too... In the books the paramount difference is that White Walkers are like shadows, so I wouldn't be surprised if common steel would pass through them doing NADA...

There can be different approaches, I suppose. White walkers may be not "immune" to steel weapons, it is just that steel weapons break before they can do any harm to them. Maybe one can shoot a white walker with an arrow (notice - no arrows were fired onto the white walkers in the show), and that arrow, despite being fractured, could harm it, or, maybe, one could smash a white walker with a heavy stone club, and cave its skull (no heavy blunt weapons were used against white walkers).

Even if one thinks about it - if white walkers are immune to everything but very rare stuff, they would not need to be necromancers with zombie hordes. But, if they are only protected from steel weapons due to beig magically cold, and thus stones, wood, mammoth stomp can harm them - then they do need zombie hordes, right?

EDIT:

So, it seems, some metals are prone to fracture when supercooled due to their crystalline structure type - a-iron/steel, chrome, molybdenum, tantalum, wolfram; and some retain their plasticity - copper, aluminium, silver, b-nickel, gold, platinum (and some of their alloys).

Hence, if white walker's protection is indeed due to 'cold shield'-type magic, then silver, copper, gold, platinum weapons could harm them, as well as glass shards and special, even steel-based, ultra-pure alloys (which valyrian steel might be one of, or, actually, valyrian steel may be not steel at all!).

Sergio_Morozov said:
xdj1nn said:
viperswhip said:

There can be different approaches, I suppose. White walkers may be not "immune" to steel weapons, it is just that steel weapons break before they can do any harm to them. Maybe one can shoot a white walker with an arrow (notice - no arrows were fired onto the white walkers in the show), and that arrow, despite being fractured, could harm it, or, maybe, one could smash a white walker with a heavy stone club, and cave its skull (no heavy blunt weapons were used against white walkers).

Even if one thinks about it - if white walkers are immune to everything but very rare stuff, they would not need to be necromancers with zombie hordes. But, if they are only protected from steel weapons due to beig magically cold, and thus stones, wood, mammoth stomp can harm them - then they do need zombie hordes, right?

EDIT:

So, it seems, some metals are prone to fracture when supercooled due to their crystalline structure type - a-iron/steel, chrome, molybdenum, tantalum, wolfram; and some retain their plasticity - copper, aluminium, silver, b-nickel, gold, platinum (and some of their alloys).

Hence, if white walker's protection is indeed due to 'cold shield'-type magic, then silver, copper, gold, platinum weapons could harm them, as well as glass shards and special, even steel-based, ultra-pure alloys (which valyrian steel might be one of, or, actually, valyrian steel may be not steel at all!).

I may have an idea:
make the white walker weapons with "crush through block" and "good against shield" with piercing stats, so it reflects the efficiency of their weapons. Also, give them high armor, so only piercing weapons are good against them. Then, make the Valyrian steel weapons with a piercing slash.
The best option would be to make the Valyrian steel weapons immune to "crush through block" attribute.

First of all, let me say that this an amazing mod. Probably the best M&B mod I've tried so far. And I'm not even a fan of GoT.
Second of all I have some bug reports. Some of them may have been reported before but I don't have the time to search through 1277 pages.

1) "Heraldric steel heather shield" has a faulty specular map
2) "Heraldric ashwood pavise" (used by Reach spearmen) seems to be turned upside-down
3) Selecting the last option on looting screen (Bury the dead and leave the loot) incurs massive morale loss without any actual benefit. I suspect this is a leftover from the script in which looting takes time ingame? I might be missing something though.
4) In a similar fashion, knocking down an enemy lord during a fight lowers their disposition towards you by -2. It would be nice if that offered some bonus renown, since you've personally bested the lord. Otherwise there's no benefit to it all. Always letting your men knock down an enemy lord instead of you seems the only logical option at the moment.
5) I've found an unbeatable copy of myself wandering around the map defeating all kinds of bandits. The funniest part is that it's not even a part of my faction (my character serves the Reach, while the copy seem to be wandering around in a Stormlander villager party). After helping out the copy of myself, I get the dialogue in which this copy of me seems to be acting as a minister of my faction (this might be a Diplomacy mod related bug if I'm not mistaken). On top of that this gives me the following option to say to my current faction leader (Mace Tyrell): "I've come across *insert character name* on my travels" to which he replies something similar to this:  "Not many men dare to say that name in front of me *bleh bleh bleh*" followed by a second reply which only says: "10". Seems to be a part of the same broken script.
6) One of battle scenes with a small pond and an island with a tree has some faulty tree collision meshes on top of the hill.
7) One of the scenes with an open grassland, a stream in the middle and a few tress in the middle has horrible AI mesh paths. There are literally three tress in the whole open plain scene and every darn charging unit present in the scene keeps slamming into every last one of those three trees on its way to the enemy (occurring on both sides).
:cool: Accidentally recruiting a handful of Broken men has ridiculous consequences which can ruin your game-play if you play with auto-save option on. I once lost around 265 renown by clicking the wrong button, which honestly seems too much.
9) This is not a bug, but where are all the .lod models in the .brf files of this module?

What I'd also like to do is to offer some help.
I'm not much of a coder but I'm pretty good at 3D modeling and texturing and decent when it comes to sound editing.
Here are some things I'd like to do for starters if you'll accept my offer:
- optimizing the mod
- adding new tournament (melee) armours (it's hard to differentiate friends from foes the way things are right now)
- adding reins on all the horses in the mod (something that bugs me quite a bit)
- updating Reach mailed destrier horse (it seems to be of lower quality than the rest of the horses)

I don't like the sharing of loot affecting morale at all, did Cozur and Perdino or whatever his name is cook this up together or is this a Viking Conquest thing? I think in that mod the real problem I have is that companion leadership stats affect your army size. You get Barristan and Syrio in your party and boom 200+ soldiers when the script for morale uses your leadership to calculate the party size you can actually handle (well, leadership, CHA and Renown), so you get 150 soldiers but can only handle 80 so you get a bit morale penalty, and you have to keep fighting constantly to keep their morale up.

In the end too many changes for my heart to take in 6.2, I keep ending up back in 2.2, my favourite patch. I love the new quests, but I don't like the loot, morale, recruiting and cost changes. In the end, I loved looting the battlefield as some lowly troop trying to scrounge Gregor's sword before it despawned or madly chasing after a plated horse while dodging the enemy that is definitely keyed to go after the player. If you go in too early you get lanced, if you go in too late all the horses get hacked to pieces or run off the map. It's the most fun I've had in game.

Also, I like playing as my companions, it breaks up the tempo a bit.

Still, I have put in dozens of hours of 6.2, it's a great patch, it's just missing too much of what I find most fun and introduced things I did not like (well, maybe that wasn't 6.2 but 6 or whatever patch).

A few more bugs to report:
- diplomacy could use a little toning down since declarations of war happen literally every day
- incomes from fiefs seem to behave very strange
- might be intentional but King's Landing has no chest
- items put into armoury sometimes tend to disappear (weapons and septon clothes so far in my case)
- castellan dons heraldic armour instead of his normal clothes when you choose the armoury option
- "witcher_bull_shield_2" mesh seems to be missing on Blackjackets

Also one more technical question...
I've accidentally dismissed my castellan and I can't find a way to re-hire him.
Anyone got a solution?

3YbVCL6.jpg
follwing

also some textures, at least these 3
3YbWiza.jpg
have wrong resolution (dimensions are not power of 2)
makes the game lag for several seconds when they're loaded

oh, these too
3YbWEnD.jpg
and all of these
3YbWMay.jpg

KratosMKII said:
Does anyone know if those 3 plated chargers are from ACOK itself or are they from a OSP?

I believe you'll find them here:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,378171.0.html

However, some of them might be retextured specifically for ACOK.

Sergio_Morozov said:
I think your minister/wife should have an option.

Thanks for the answer. :wink:

- - - - -

And two new bugs to report:
- some of the The Reach have Sarranid descriptions (on poor status), which describe them as sandy dunes on which jackals gnaw on bones
- got stuck on a screen after siege (on a Crackclaw castle) and even though the game does not crash/freeze, it won't let you choose any of the available options (Request that "fief name" be awarded to you/Ask for no rewards)

Sorry if this counts as off-topic, but is there a "good" (like morally good, not hostile, not sadistic, not power-hungry) faction is GoT universe/ACOK?

It's just I've been really tempted to play the mod for a long time because its assets and overall atmosphere look fantastic, but I'm quite repulsed by Martin's work (I haven't read the books nor watched the series, but have seen enough fragments on youtube, in discussions, memes etc. to get the general idea that most characters and factions are assholes).

There are several "good" factions, but the closest one is The North, led by House Stark, who are good people. They don't go to war because they want power. They want independence because the new king is a jackass who executed their previous leader, Ned Stark, who was a good guy and loved by almost everyone.
The Stormlands aren't that bad either. Renly Baratheon is a nice guy who thinks of the people. Their supporter The Reach is led by House Tyrell, who are also loved by the people. They're both power hungry though.
Dragonstone is led by Stannis Baratheon. He's the ultimate stern leader who's all about duty, law and justice. A great general and a loving father. He's not popular because he's not "nice," however.

Grank said:
There are several "good" factions, but the closest one is The North, led by House Stark, who are good people. They don't go to war because they want power. They want independence because the new king is a jackass who executed their previous leader, Ned Stark, who was a good guy and loved by almost everyone.
The Stormlands aren't that bad either. Renly Baratheon is a nice guy who thinks of the people. Their supporter The Reach is led by House Tyrell, who are also loved by the people. They're both power hungry though.
Dragonstone is led by Stannis Baratheon. He's the ultimate stern leader who's all about duty, law and justice. A great general and a loving father. He's not popular because he's not "nice," however.

That's a good summary. But what I love about GoT is that even the good guys have to get their hands dirty for the sake  of war. You could argue that the Reach has kept their hands cleaner than the north, but that is down to cowardice if anything.

On the very south Dorne is always plotting a rebellion for power / Independence but this far they have kept their hands clean (their loyalties lie with Targaryens who are the original rulers).

Finally I would say the Riverlands are probably the cleanest house. They've always loyally support their allies, also have a  more  progressive culture than the north. Only problem is they are surrounded by enemies on all sides but north so they have a hard time during the war.

I would say play North if you want a slightly easier ride. Play Riverlands if you want a slightly tougher challenge. Both are honorable houses with plenty of action.

Thank you for the summaries.

TAEHSAEN said:
Finally I would say the Riverlands are probably the cleanest house. They've always loyally support their allies, also have a  more  progressive culture than the north. Only problem is they are surrounded by enemies on all sides but north so they have a hard time during the war.

Play Riverlands if you want a slightly tougher challenge.
Oh, I made the right choice then.  :grin:
I saw that they were at war with the reds, who seem to be a lot bigger faction, saw in the log that their lords are getting defeated and decided to help the "underdog" by freelancing for them.

If you want to help the underdog, then you're right for supporting the Riverlands. In the story they're the sandbag of the war. They support The North, but is the closest one to the enemy, and they did get hit first. Just remember that House Frey are assholes. They sit on The Crossing.

Grank said:

A great general and a loving father.

:iamamoron:

Cozur can we get some news about upcoming version of mod? Last news were 3 months ago. Give us a Christmas miracle and type a few words for your mode fans! 

Back
Top Bottom