SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sergio_Morozov said:
Sky Warden said:
Stravask said:
I conquered Qohor once by starving them out. Eventually they just start losing ****loads of troops until they run out if I remember correctly.
I'm not sure, but I don't remember them trying to parley. They just sorta lost troops until I could walk in and capture the place lol

Wow, that's really impressive. Just how much food did you bring to do that? Did you bring a cattle herd as big as a Dothraki horde or something?  :shock:

At 8-9-10 leadership morale loss from starving is totally negated.

Ya, lots of people do not know that. Also sieging is a great time to read books.

Now my go to mod, the Essos expansion is well done to point that I forgot all about Westeros  :smile:

Found some ragged heavy fur armor (avatar) on a mountain bandit leader, anywhere to find higher tiers of this armor?

viperswhip said:
Ya, lots of people do not know that. Also sieging is a great time to read books.

I've been playing M&B for years and I've never tried getting Leadership that high. Though, that does sound silly. Imagine a leader giving an inspirational speech to a bunch of starving soldiers and that makes them forget about food.

Sky Warden said:
viperswhip said:

I've been playing M&B for years and I've never tried getting Leadership that high. Though, that does sound silly. Imagine a leader giving an inspirational speech to a bunch of starving soldiers and that makes them forget about food.

But... Why did not you? It allows twice as many troops for the same price! Well... Twice as many as 0 leadership...

Old Scottish Glory said:
Now my go to mod, the Essos expansion is well done to point that I forgot all about Westeros  :smile:

Found some ragged heavy fur armor (avatar) on a mountain bandit leader, anywhere to find higher tiers of this armor?

You can get these with any kind of applicable modifier while fighting troops using it... Namely the one you got it from, also crannogmen I think. Vale clansmen too. Looting* skill and being at a numerical disadvantage** when fighting seems to help.

*Garrett Longley seems to be a good companion to level up looting on, because he already has 7 power draw (and is formidable archer), so one can pump up his agility without "gimping" him.

**Some claim it is not numerical disadvantage, but rather having low number of different "stacks" in your party (i.e. you are more likely to get loot if you have player and 100 of one type of troop, than you are when having a player and 100 troops of different kinds.

Most people go the renown route for troop count, the leadership bonus towards troop count shrinks over time. The main benefit is the food thing.

The Wildlings, especially after they become a faction have very good fur armor, and you can beat huge numbers of them with a few knights, so you can really get a lot of loot.

Edit, I'd max leadership if it kept companions from getting pissy about things, especially about other companions. Like, I have 240 other troops for you to hang out with, you don't have the spend any time with that one guy you hate, shut the **** up.

Don't know if it's happening to anybody else, but every time I start a new game the Reach always seems to be the one to wipe out the Westerlands. I even did the
Targaryen invasion
and the Reach pretty much had all of Dorne, and all of the Westerlands.

Same for me, Reach has taken almost all of Dorne and the Westerlands in each of the games I have left them alone. I feel like Dorne is very weak when from as far as I have read in the lore they are strong and hard to conquer.

I've literally never thought about conquering Dorne and having that be my kingdom. But if the Reach can do it then I can too right?

The Reach can smash any faction in 2.2, the Westerlands usually lose Kingslanding by turn 50-75 to them and can't really do much to stop their advance on Lannisport. I would definitely like to see Kingslanding's garrison boosted, I can't stand seeing the Reach holding it.

reiksmarshal said:
The Reach can smash any faction in 2.2, the Westerlands usually lose Kingslanding by turn 50-75 to them and can't really do much to stop their advance on Lannisport. I would definitely like to see Kingslanding's garrison boosted, I can't stand seeing the Reach holding it.

I've managed to make Westerland hold onto King's Landing right until my own kingdom took it, by joining any Westerlands vs Someone battles on the side of Westerlands. then again, I've cheated a fief to both Free Folk and Targaryens, so not totally legit.

(Oh... And also made all spears coachable... So very non-legit with the new 396 length block-breaking heavy spear... but I tried to be nice and shortened it to 250...)

trooper0077 said:
Does house Bolton rebel or something in this version or do they stay loyal?  I know there is the quest to kill ramsay.

Lord Roose Bolton behaves as per normal Native Warband mechanics. And this means he may defect at some point. Or he may not.

(Although, since he has a dishonorable personality assigned, he is very likely to defect. He will also hate the player once Ramsay is dealt with.)

Hello i have a problem.I am around day 900 on 2.1 and i have my own kingdom(most of the crownlands with Kings Landing,half of the North,Northern Westerlands and a few more castles).All of a sudden my tariffs from Kings Landing start to lower from 30000 to 2,3k.I am not at war,didnt do anything to cause it i think,although i took 700000 out of my treasure and took it to the Iron Bank of Braavos.I have 7 or 8 vassals,most of them are angry at me.Is it just a bug or what?

Solomon36 said:
The reach usually takes half there stuff in my games.  Did you hit them early and alone?
I went ahead and conquered High Tide and Claw Isle then took over the Sisterlands and started the invasion of Dorne at day 300+.  I took them on with about 5 lords and we won some early victories but I had to peace the war because they just have too many lords with good overpowered archers and skirmisher cav, not to mention Oberyn having a party of like 490 soldiers.

swarkzero said:
Hello i have a problem.I am around day 900 on 2.1 and i have my own kingdom(most of the crownlands with Kings Landing,half of the North,Northern Westerlands and a few more castles).All of a sudden my tariffs from Kings Landing start to lower from 30000 to 2,3k.I am not at war,didnt do anything to cause it i think,although i took 700000 out of my treasure and took it to the Iron Bank of Braavos.I have 7 or 8 vassals,most of them are angry at me.Is it just a bug or what?

There is a bug with tariffs, indeed: if a city is claimed by the player after it had no lord assigned (or possibly even if it had), first payment of tarrifs will be enormously large.

Otherwise, during the course of game prosperity of cities tends to decline in ACOK, so it is as it is for everyone.

To make more profit try to make peace with Outlaws faction and Deserters faction by helping them in fights.

Sergio_Morozov said:
There is a bug with tariffs, indeed: if a city is claimed by the player after it had no lord assigned (or possibly even if it had), first payment of tarrifs will be enormously large.

That happen in vanilla and in almost every other game. Lords tends to collect their taxes in the fashion of old m&b, going to their fiefs personally, if a fief is unassigned or if the lord had been a prisoner or otherwise absent a long time, when somebody conquers ir or obtains it, then it is normal to have an absurd sum of money.

The Westerlands were still somehow in my game at day 650 so I went to their last remaining castle to see how big the garrison was.
BrWvOqQ.png

Back
Top Bottom