SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

5Yp48d.jpg
  - How can I fix this?

Hi guys, I have a question. Is there a way to increase the number of characters (letters) shown in the NPC character notes page? Or is it simply an engine limitation that can't be increased? In this mod, there are a whole lot of NPC characters (which is awesome, don't get me wrong). However for me, the list stops in the middle of the letter 'S' (currently Ser Symond Templeton is the last character shown), while there are plenty more NPC characters until the end of the alphabet. Basically I have a hard time finding the whereabouts of those whose faction have been eliminated, but haven't changed factions yet. I don't even know if these guys left the realm or not. Concerning this matter, I've been searching the entire taleworlds forum for quite a while, without any results sadly.

By the way, let me congratulate for the hard work of the Dev team. It's an awesome Game of Thrones mod so far, I enjoy it very much! Keep up the good work!

And thanks in advance! :grin:

Hi , i edited the arrow quantity from 22 to more, and now my archers/longbow won't always shoot, sometimes they do sometimes they don't , is that the problem or it's something else ?

n00bPanda said:
Best archer?

For me it's hands down the Qohorik Quardsman for its multi-purpose. They wear heavy plate armor and have a decent chance to spawn with a strong shield. This means that they are tough to beat (the 6 in ironflesh also helps, which neither of the other archers have :cool:) and they can be sent to join the infantry when ran out of arrows to score more kills. They also wield War Maces, which means that they deal huge amounts of damage in melee combat even to armored units. Their fighting skills are good enough to support that, in fact it even rivals the skill of most other top tier INFANTRY. On top of that, since they deal blunt damage in melee, they can make you a ton of prisoners. They may not have the strongest bow (recurved bow) but it's good enough. With their archery skills they are deadly and surprisingly accurate with it, often scoring headshots from long distances (note: the Quardsmen have 5 power draw, while all the other archers have only 4 at max. The recurved bow has 2 power draw requirements, while other longbows have 3, so the Guardsmen surpass the requirements by 3 points, and that is the reason why they are so accurate compared to other archers). They fire fast as well compared to most other elite longbowmen, meaning they have a very good DPS rate, and win against other archers in a ranged combat (not to mention melee :grin:), but as a cost, they run out of arrows quickly. The tier below them is the Qohorik Maceman, which is an excellent heavy infantry unit, being similarly armored and equipped with the same war mace, but with guaranteed shield of course. So making prisoners and damage output shouldn't be a problem with the top tier of the qohorik troop line :grin:.

Concerning raw ranged damage and archery skills only, the Elite Targaryen Longbowmen are slightly better archers on paper, although you can't argue with the higher accuracy and DPS of the Qohorik Guardsmen. The Elite Targaryen Longbowmen may not have the perks of the Qohorik Guardsmen and they are harder to recruit in general, but at least they also wear heavy plate armor, which not many archers do. For that, the 2nd place goes to them for me. (Note: Other factions' top tier archers are pretty much generic, mostly the used bow and the proficiencies vary a bit. Qohorik Guardsmen and Elite Targaryen Longbowmen have the highest proficiencies among the archers: 160)

*Edit: As a final touch, everything I've said applies to ACOK 2.2 naturally, I'm unsure about how much troop trees were changed in prior versions, as far as I remember a LOT.

bL1nd3R said:
I did and it's the same thing, they sometimes shoot they sometimes don't , sometimes only 5 of 50 shoot, wtf..

Archers will not shoot is their target is blocked by terrain or another actor. And since they do not necessarily lock on to the nearest/most obvious target, it may look like they do not shoot.

(Although, there is some weirdness with archers indeed, i.e. on some AI settiongs if player has troops and rushes into archers alone. they will try to run for player's troops and will not attck player who slaughters them.)

Hey Cozur, I installed good old M&B because a youtuber showed off your mod. That, and I saw the quest where you help Stannis get rid of Renley. Took me a while but I finally got him!

I'm enjoying your work and am blown away by the attention to detail.

I do have some questions hopefully others can answer.

The Reach and the Westerlands have most of the cities in my game, is it too late for Stannis? Has anyone got Stannis to sit the Iron Throne? I cannot get the Targ. invasion because most of the other factions are no more and that quest line is now broken. Is there anyway to get Dorne to fight the Reach, or the North to fight the Westerlands?

Basically, what wars are scripted in this mod and what triggers them?

I also am wondering if others are having path-finding issues when sieging? Both armies often don't advance or walk into walls for the entire event.

Lastly, sometimes my battle notifications go away. I think this is because a particular msg repeats itself too much? Any cure for that?

Cheers!

Is it possible in the future to make armies less one trick ponies? Everybody's infantry seems to be a single flavor of combat, and the only way to create an effective force is to mix them from different kingdoms. It'd be better if every kingdon had a fully diverse troop tree, able to level troops up to get good variety- men at arms footmen in full harness, polearms, spears/pikes, etc. Even with 2.2 infantry feels like a real "why even bother". It's so delicate, the AI often doesn't use its weapons properly, and most troops are complete crap until you reach the very end of their troop tree, and barely even 10% of troops you recruit ever live long enough to reach that rank. It doesn't help either that Riverlands, which gets very good units very very quickly, just seems 100% better and the best faction to join in Westeros simply because you can build very powerful armies within a short amount of time.

IMO a good mod to look at when it comes to troop trees is 1429, as everything is pretty balanced against each other, at least after you tweak missile troops (who are insanely powerful without tweaking). Knights are split into their own troop tree recruited from castles, and you can level them up either as dismounted or mounted units. Infantry doesn't get good armor (50-60+) until the end of their upgrades, but they get access to heavy hitting, useful weapons very quickly, and can get some very solid shields early on. It's also the same 'era' as GOT, which is around 14th-15th century tech wise.

Emperor_Eli said:
Has anyone got Stannis to sit the Iron Throne?

I've got him on the Iron Throne... for only a month. XD

Wyzilla said:
Is it possible in the future to make armies less one trick ponies? Everybody's infantry seems to be a single flavor of combat, and the only way to create an effective force is to mix them from different kingdoms. It'd be better if every kingdon had a fully diverse troop tree, able to level troops up to get good variety- men at arms footmen in full harness, polearms, spears/pikes, etc. Even with 2.2 infantry feels like a real "why even bother". It's so delicate, the AI often doesn't use its weapons properly, and most troops are complete crap until you reach the very end of their troop tree, and barely even 10% of troops you recruit ever live long enough to reach that rank. It doesn't help either that Riverlands, which gets very good units very very quickly, just seems 100% better and the best faction to join in Westeros simply because you can build very powerful armies within a short amount of time.

Yeah, but it's quite difficult because Westerosi armaments are not that different for each province. They pretty much are the same culture except for a few Houses. I'm sure Cozur has a plan for it, but last time I checked he's still focusing on getting the Essos troop trees right first.

Wyzilla said:

IMO a good mod to look at when it comes to troop trees is 1429, as everything is pretty balanced against each other, at least after you tweak missile troops (who are insanely powerful without tweaking). Knights are split into their own troop tree recruited from castles, and you can level them up either as dismounted or mounted units. Infantry doesn't get good armor (50-60+) until the end of their upgrades, but they get access to heavy hitting, useful weapons very quickly, and can get some very solid shields early on. It's also the same 'era' as GOT, which is around 14th-15th century tech wise.

I, personally, do not think infantry is underwhelming.
But Riverlands do get high-tier troops fast, indeed.
Well, I think for personal use  everyone can easily add what troops one wants via Morgh's editor, and mix and match troop  tree progression too... A pity that this only works for new games though.

So a question to the creator or whoever fixed banners of mod. Are you from Stockholm or a fan of Stockholm?

Cause, banner on left seems VERY similar :3

ij1Cj2Z.png

Why you ask?

sterik.jpg

And just curious about this <3

Dope stuff Cozur! Love the mod. I just had a quick question about the random followers (musicians, camp followers, priests). Ive searched everywhere and I cant find an answer

Do they serve any purpose? At first I assumed they would have different stats, and work as healers or morale boosters of some kind, but they all have 20 strength 11 agi etc, and their skills are all in weapon master and power strike, but they wear cloth tunics and have a dagger, if that. And you can't change their equipment. So it seems like theyre just levy level infantry, except without the ability to upgrade.

Or are they having some effect that I just can't see?

Back
Top Bottom