SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

im not sure if this is a bug or not but i am unable to be granted castles as feifs for some reason, do i have to become a lord or something? i was given a town after declaring myself a vassle of Stark but when ever i capture a castle no one takes it over, rob says he supports me and thinks i should get it when i ask but never actually assigned it for me. this happened with stannis as well in the previous version of beta. am i doing something wrong?

traden said:
im not sure if this is a bug or not but i am unable to be granted castles as feifs for some reason, do i have to become a lord or something? i was given a town after declaring myself a vassle of Stark but when ever i capture a castle no one takes it over, rob says he supports me and thinks i should get it when i ask but never actually assigned it for me. this happened with stannis as well in the previous version of beta. am i doing something wrong?

Check the known bugs on the first page. Lord currently do not assign fiefs appropiately.

As i believe i stated earlier this is a great mod. But i would like to see some more banners and house weapons on the clothes the lords and soldiers are wearing.

g9CqDj5.png

This is what I get every time that I start up the mod. Anything I should do so that I can play this presumably amazing mod?

Hi guys,
When I launch CoK, in the loading screen I get a Runtime C++ Error relative to mb_warband.exe ('this application requested Runtime to terminate ecc.'). I run last version of Warband (1.154) and never had a problem with other mods, as far as I remember.
I'm looking forward to play this great mod; if someone could possibly help me, I'd be grateful.

:grin:

Have a nice day and good luck with your work.

P.S.: Sorry for my english

eckhart90 said:
Hi guys,
When I launch CoK, in the loading screen I get a Runtime C++ Error relative to mb_warband.exe ('this application requested Runtime to terminate ecc.'). I run last version of Warband (1.154) and never had a problem with other mods, as far as I remember.
I'm looking forward to play this great mod; if someone could possibly help me, I'd be grateful.

Try changing the options in the M%B launcher, "load textures on demand" etc. That dit the trick for me.
On another note, I read that lords don't assign properly. Do they assign fiefs at all? Don't think I will bother playing as a lord of any faction without the possibility of getting a castle or town

Hey Cozur, this has probably already been asked and if it has sorry. But I was wondering, will you be adding Valyrian steel weapons and unique ones as well like long claw and oathkeeper? Also if Valyrian steel is already in the game where is it? >_<

eckhart90 said:
Hi guys,

Same here and load textures on demand is not working...I hate it when common problems have not an answer....

OGRC said:
Hey Cozur, this has probably already been asked and if it has sorry. But I was wondering, will you be adding Valyrian steel weapons and unique ones as well like long claw and oathkeeper? Also if Valyrian steel is already in the game where is it? >_<

Longclaw and Oathkeeper won't be in the game because they already belong to characters (I think Oathkeeper is still Ice at this point anyway). There is a chance that some Valyrian steel weapons could be/ have been added. The Targaryen swords 'Blackfyre' are 'Dark Sister' have been lost so they could show up. The Lannister sword 'Brightroar' was lost in Valyria.

If they were to be in the game they would be very rare and hard to find. It would be cool though.

what do u think about troops balance? because i found for example dragonstone units realy weak, compared to the another faction, useless infantry, useless archers and weak knights xD
i am talking only about high tier units, spearmen has 90 skill in weapons and 100 archery, longwobman has 100 archery, knights have 200 one handed weapon and 120 polearms,thats realy weak, compared to for example reach, they have swordsman (200 one handed), crosbowman (200 ) and theri knights with 250 one handed and 250 polearms
storlmands longbowman has around 200 archery ( vale and westerlands too )

and i found another units with bad skills and maybe equip, Vale Swordsman, i dont remember how high skill they have, but i know, that they have 2x higher one handed weapons than two handed weapons, they are using bastard sword ( 1 / 2 h) without shield, there can be more units with bad skill level, i dont know all of them, i am playing it only a few days

and also i found bug with castle and dungeons, i tried to rescue Asha Greyjoy from Rtuhemonts Castle ( vale ), i killed Prison guard, behind him wasnt door to dungeons, but to arena, with 2 mercenaries fighting .), when i bought keys from PG, i entered dungeon, when were Asha, but i couldnt rescue her, because i didnt have the keys from dungeon... and dungeon i found in castle, where were lord and his lady with 2 Castle Guard, i saw at many dungeon inside castle without Prison Guard at many places

kjeltringen said:
eckhart90 said:
Hi guys,

Try changing the options in the M%B launcher, "load textures on demand" etc. That dit the trick for me.
On another note, I read that lords don't assign properly. Do they assign fiefs at all? Don't think I will bother playing as a lord of any faction without the possibility of getting a castle or town

Worked like a charm for me too, thank you kind sir.  :wink:

Fyzzaraya said:
Same here and load textures on demand is not working...I hate it when common problems have not an answer....

Try to do a clean install of Warband (I have it on Steam). I made a clean install and then enabled load on demand and it worked. Until now, zero errors and smooth gameplay.

I only have a question:

I noticed that the armors are like (if not the) vanilla ones. Is this intended or there will be an update with new models?

However I found the mod very lore-friendly. Ah, and finally a real challenging tournament mode. I dream of a joust like the one in the first book (Tyrell and the Hound if I remember well)...Will it be implemented?  :grin:

Keep up the good work!  :smile:

God but I am tempted to give this baby a try. The one thing that scares me is the thought of naked Tywin Lannister (in the privy or not).

Seriously, how bad are the bugs? Should I wait for a later release or not?

Temudzhin said:
God but I am tempted to give this baby a try. The one thing that scares me is the thought of naked Tywin Lannister (in the privy or not).

Seriously, how bad are the bugs? Should I wait for a later release or not?

Mostly minor bugs, but fiefs are not getting assigned.

I've already fixed this for 0.8, so I'd wait for that version.

Looks awesome Caractacus - as all your work does.  Thank you!! 

Cozur - you are too modest.  0.7 is as much fun as any M&B mod I have played - granted I have a sick fascination for ASOIAF, but still. 

Temudzhin, it is worth your time to at least check this version out imo.  Just go in remembering you won't get fiefs and play accordingly (one way is to take a castle or town before you bend the knee and be prepared for a defensive war) and you should still have some fun. 

Anybody else pumped about the season 2 release?  I took the day off tomorrow and plan on watching as much as I can (don't get hbo - so haven't seen any of them yet).

Back
Top Bottom