SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

This is a mod done by what I just read is essentially one guy. I can understand asking for a bug to be fixed, or questions about the game itself. But lets all remember this is a FREE mod that we all enjoy because of one persons effort. If he says no or not interested in making any changes to his work accept it and move on. Hopefully, Cozur can then focus on fixing the actual bugs that are in the game.

I have a question about these "super bandits"; I recently traveled to Pentos for a melee and I ran into a group about 500 strong. It was only 20 days into the game and they were destroying anyone they caught. I watched as they defeated 3 lords in a row. Is this how it's supposed to be? I run into smaller groups of about 100-200 but this group left half of the Pentos territory unreachable.

Hey Cozur,

any opinion on my other suggestions?

Makememove said:
I´ver been playing the mod for quite some time now (since0.4, actually), and it keeps getting better and better. There are still some issues I want to adress here.

1. What is still a bit strange is the whole diplomacy. The way the kingdoms declare war and peace against each other just doesn´t feel very real  to me. Right now, I have the feeling that the diplomacy is completely random. The books say, however, that many diplomatic statuses are fixed. Examples:

The North can never be at peace with the Westerlands.

Dragonstone can never be at peace with the Stormlands.

The Iron Islands can never be at peace with the North (and should be aggressive towards all others)

Dragonstone can never be at peace with the Westerlands.

The Stormlands can never be at peace with the Westerlands.

And so on. The free cities should not attack the westeroosi Kingsdoms so easy - but they can wage war against each other from time to time.

It might also be usefull when the diplomatic statuses don´t change every week.

2.  Knights are too strong or too cheap. I can easily buy me an army of 100 hedge knights (I get them for free from the forest bandits and the raiders around maidenpool) and smash every Lord in Westeros with them. This is too easy.  If they are so easy to get, at least their upkeep should be way higher (like in 1257ad) or there should be units that can effektively stop them (like pikeniers, for example)

3. Arrows are flying too fast. When I shoot an arrow, I can´t aim - because I don´t see where the arrow is flying and can´t check the angle I have to use to reach a certain distance.

4. Shield bash ist not implemented - is there a reason for that? I think its quite a cool feature that would make the fights even more interesting.

Yea, I guess thats how its supposed to be. And its an awesome feature - all those bandits make the land very exciting.  Just try to travel from Maidenpool to Dragonstone... :wink:

Well I originally came here to report a bug, but I see its already listed on the known bugs. However I have to ask, is there a way to "force" a lord to grant me a fief? I've captured a total of 9 castles so far and I currently have no income which makes playing the game a bit difficult. So far I have been able to manage by killing caravans and looting villages to get money so I guess its not a huge issue but it would be nice if I had a castle to at least hold some of my troops and prisoners.

BTW this mod is absolutely amazing!

-edit- Damn I thought I could convince the lords to support someone else instead of me so that the other castles that I took could at least have a lord but it seams since I already endorsed myself for Maidenpool I can't endorse anyone else. Looks like all the castles I take now will never have a lord :sad:

I don't know if this bug has been reported yet. I'm about 100 days in and have just been given a quest to ransom or break out a prisoner. First of all, I have no idea how I would go about paying a ransom. Talking to the resident Lord doesn't work. So I try to break him out but the door to the prison takes me to the castle or the arena, in two cases trying the castle door has crashed the game without an error report. (this is not a location specific bug as it seems to happen in every castle and settlement I've tried)

I love the mod and have been playing for the past month.

Also, I think that you should be able to kill Lords. It should be quite rare but possible. Either on the battlefield or via executions (It's ASOIAF after all, characters should die). Are you planning on implementing this?

Mike42 said:
I don't know if this bug has been reported yet. I'm about 100 days in and have just been given a quest to ransom or break out a prisoner. First of all, I have no idea how I would go about paying a ransom. Talking to the resident Lord doesn't work. So I try to break him out but the door to the prison takes me to the castle or the arena, in two cases trying the castle door has crashed the game without an error report. (this is not a location specific bug as it seems to happen in every castle and settlement I've tried)

I love the mod and have been playing for the past month.

Also, I think that you should be able to kill Lords. It should be quite rare but possible. Either on the battlefield or via executions (It's ASOIAF after all, characters should die). Are you planning on implementing this?

No.

I downloaded the game from http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3792# and in the dropdown it says v0.6, is this intended or did I download from the wrong spot or need to patch/re-download?

Dezman said:
I downloaded the game from http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3792# and in the dropdown it says v0.6, is this intended or did I download from the wrong spot or need to patch/re-download?

Download it from moddb.

Back
Top Bottom