SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Besides the troop tree missing the GoT soldiers list for each kingdom and the arenas spawning throwers and 2handed troops only, I noticed that some towns that should have ports don't I.E. King's Landing and White Harbor. Other than that love the mod! Do you plan on releasing a hotfix for the bugs reported so far?

darklordhawk said:
Dietrich said:
Where are the game settings concerning diplomacy and defection? It irks me a lot to see waves of lords clustering and joining other kingdoms en masse and out of context. Heck, the Vale and Dragonstone now has the entire middle lands just from people defecting. Heh.

I second that.  I dont expect the mod to make individual lords more deceptive and disloyal (the Freys, Boltons...etc) but to make EVERY lord as disloyal as they currently are is crazy! 

In the books most Lords were given fully fleshed out personalities which I appreciated but that does not mean they are THAT self centered lol. Still, during the first few months before EVERYONE has swapped teams at least once, I enjoy the map.  I know this isnt a bug but its a minor detail that fanboys of the books really notice :razz:

Agreed on the above! Love the mod to bits, just been having a growing issue as the savegame progressed, with extreme disloyalty resulting in a depopulation of almost every realm apart from 1 or 2. By day 300, Stannis has close to 200 Lords to his name; even the occasional reformation of a faction after it is eliminated can only very marginally dent the lead he has. I wonder if the waves of defections are related to the personality traits of the Kings/cultures themselves, with some (Stannis especially, with Renly being vaguely ok) being the more inspiring leaders, with others (Tywin/Mace Tyrell/Robb Stark/Nestor Royce) steadily puking away relation with their lords till defections occur. If so, it may be best to normalise the leaders/cultures so that the kingdom borders shift only gradually owing to successful military campaigns and the occasional lord defection, rather than to mass evac'ing away from horrible kings.

Some lords should not change faction as Victarion, he is the iron fleet captain  and now, in my savegame, is a riverlands lord. It makes no sense, you can see how he is loyal in the fourth book where he do everything he is told to! for example, by the end of  Feast For Crows, he is travelling to Slaver's Bay looking for Daenerys!
Also, some factions should not make peace as Westerlands and Riverlands, The Reach and Dorne.

Cozur said:
Jakob Zaborowski said:
Also, the Riverlands are a part of the Kingdom of the North in the books.

Nominally, yes, but still ruled by House Tully.

Please don't double post, use the edit button.

If the riverlands are separate, so should the Westerlands and the Crownlands.

I have seen some mods (the LOTR one) make it so factions are in permanent alliance or war, couldn't this be done?

Um, that does not make sense. The north, the iron throne, dragonstone, iron islands and the stormlands would still be killing each other, with dorne on the fence. And even past that you still have essos killing eachother. The game just doesn't make any sense in the GoT world as it is.

if we made this strict to the lore there wouldnt be much for the player to do, as most of GoT is political which warband lacks in. i agree some factions shouldnt be fighting each other like for ex. Riverlands and The North should be allied etc.

Essos is fine the way it is, if you stopped the factions fighting each other, there would be absolutely nothing for a player to do on that continent

If Braavos and Meeren go to war it is no big deal, that makes sense. It does not make sense when Renly makes peace with everyone, then goes and invades Essos.

It isn't GoT if the rebels end up happily stopping the fighting with the throne and making their own independent little areas.

Jakob Zaborowski said:
If Braavos and Meeren go to war it is no big deal, that makes sense. It does not make sense when Renly makes peace with everyone, then goes and invades Essos.

It isn't GoT if the rebels end up happily stopping the fighting with the throne and making their own independent little areas.

King on the Wall?

Jakob Zaborowski said:

I agree, this is not GoT.

This is my vision for a Mount and Blade: Warband mod set in the ASOIAF universe. This is still a beta, as I have said numerous times, and as such there is bound to be a few weird hickups.

This is not the place to discuss your own idea of what the modification should be.

If you want to contribute, do so by reporting bugs and offer your help as a modeller/scener, not by making claims that don't even make sense in the canon of ASOIAF.

I don't know what all this nonsense is about the Iron Throne?

The Iron Throne and the Crownlands are not separate realms, with the king as the feudal overlord. Believing them to be so portrays a general lack of knowledge about how a medieval feudal world functioned. The king is the highest ranking authority, unless he is a minor in which case the regent fills that role. Having the Westerlands and the Crownlands combined into one realm known as "The Westerlands" is the only accurate way to portray the the factional divide at the start of A Clash of Kings.

You might believe otherwise, but then you're wrong.

However, Robb Stark having been crowned King in the North and of the Trident does not mean the North and the Riverlands should be one realm. He might be their king, but the river lords are in no way completely loyal to him, but rather to their own lord paramount, who in turn have sworn an oath of vassalage to him.

You also have to take into account the massive balance problem such a huge faction would be the cause of.

Cozur said:
You might believe otherwise, but then you're wrong.

However, Robb Stark having been crowned King in the North and of the Trident does not mean the North and the Riverlands should be one realm. He might be their king, but the river lords are in no way completely loyal to him, but rather to their own lord paramount, who in turn have sworn an oath of vassalage to him.

You also have to take into account the massive balance problem such a huge faction would be the cause of.

I said the Westerlands and the Crownlands should be separate. Their lord Paramount is also bound to Robb by marriage pact and thus has to aid him in just about all his wars, so they can not just cut off all relations with the outside world and sit around.

It is nothing that can not be solved by boosting stats for other things. Like how the Westerlands are supposed to be rich as hell and better armed, or how the Tyrell's can field more men than anyone. My big beef is just that the alliances do not exist in this mod.

It is one thing to say 'this is my own GoT' and have new characters and all, but it is another when they don't act like they would in the story or the equivalent they can in Warband.

You are taking this as an insult this seems, it isn't, it is just my grievances I discovered while playing.

Edit: And the big problem with balance is the fact that kings cant die. The only reason Stannis stood a chance was the whole shadow baby fiasco, but since that can not happen Stannis is pretty screwed.

I have M&B 1.154 and I if try to work the mod, everything goes well until an error shows up that says
"RGL Error
Unable to open file: Modules/A Clash Of Kings/Resource/Textures.brf"
Is this because I have M&B 1.154 instead of 1.143?

Back
Top Bottom