Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

you want a DLC, when the Base/ vanilla game has almost nothing to offer after few years in playing?

Constant war, 2 days of peace if not hours
Ai not behaving properly in the campaign map and battle field
Family/Dynasty feature lacking or broken
And lot more issues ppl find: @Flesson19 points out several issues in economy for example

Don't get time wrong, I love Bannerlord, Mount & Blade franchise, it's such a unique game and congrats to whoever developed it... But come on, do much better, like the game was in the beginning of the franchise.

Bannerlord could be easily the best game in ages for years for this genre
“You want DLC when the base/vanilla game has little to offer after years of playing?” Yes, we want the base/vanilla game to be better. Сan add diplomacy, for example, as DLC or new rank 7 troops. DLC for the base/vanilla game to improve it.

“You want DLC when the base/vanilla game has little to offer after years of playing?” Yes, we want the base/vanilla game to be better. Сan add diplomacy, for example, as DLC or new rank 7 troops. DLC for the base/vanilla game to improve it.
My point mate was:

Not even Paradox, which is knows as the biggest game mercenary company around. Do a DLC without a base game solid

The guys got huge not because they expand solely on money, but the quality of Games.

Which I believe Mount and Blade franchise has the same potential as the Sega "Total War" and Paradox "Crusader Kings"

Not even Paradox, which is knows as the biggest game mercenary company around. Do a DLC without a base game solid
I'm not trying to dispute your other points, but this one is just wrong. People still say that CK3 and Vic3 are barren, even with DLCs (I'm not even going to mention EU4 base game because it released like a decade ago). Cities Skylines, which released just recently, is horribly optimized.

Paradox is probably the worst developer around (when talking about development practices, otherwise, Activision-Blizzard is all around the worst when you also add the treatment of employees -especially women- in the workplace). Not only are many of their base games incomplete, their DLCs are overpriced, usually add very little and can even break games (like Leviathan). They legit released 2 DLCs for Vic3 while the game is still ****, and one of the DLCs is a cosmetic that only adds a day/night cycle to the game, WHICH HAS THE SUN RISING FROM THE ****ING WEST.

Last edited:
you want a DLC, when the Base/ vanilla game has almost nothing to offer after few years in playing?

And lot more issues ppl find: @Flesson19 points out several issues in economy for example

Don't get time wrong, I love Bannerlord, Mount & Blade franchise, it's such a unique game and congrats to whoever developed it... But come on, do much better, like the game was in the beginning of the franchise.

+ 10

I'm not trying to dispute your other points, but this one is just wrong. People still say that CK3 and Vic3 are barren, even with DLCs (I'm not even going to mention EU4 base game because it released like a decade ago). Cities Skylines, which released just recently, is horribly optimized.

Paradox is probably the worst developer around (when talking about development practices, otherwise, Activision-Blizzard is all around the worst when you also add the treatment of employees -especially women- in the workplace). Not only are many of their base games incomplete, their DLCs are overpriced, usually add very little and can even break games (like Leviathan). They legit released 2 DLCs for Vic3 while the game is still ****, and one of the DLCs is a cosmetic that only adds a day/night cycle to the game, WHICH HAS THE SUN RISING FROM THE ****ING WEST.
So much misinformation here. You are entitled to your opinion, of course, and I am not an apologist for them, but regurgitating (mis)information from Reddit is not cool either.

But as someone that owns only the base game of CK3, plays it regularly, and have seen that base game get so much better over its 3 years without me having to spend a single penny more, I must say that there is alot more nuance to their business practice.

Vic3 is on my wishlist, because patch 1.5 is probably getting the game to where it should have been at release. Its DLCs have truly been underwheling, but they were locked into them because of the DLC season pass and couldn't easily pivot after the base game and first DLC were so poorly received... And the sun does not rise in the west in Vic3. There are 2 lightsources ("Suns"), one of which moves only somewhat. This was a deliberate decision by the art team to make the game look like they wanted. Whether you think this is still silly (which is valid), it's your opinion. But it was not like the Devs just forgot where the sun rises.

However, I can see a lot of similarities between Taleworlds and Paradox when it comes to releasing games with great potential but fairly barebones and trying to improve them overtime. The massive difference in this type of comparisson is that Paradox both acts quicker and communicates a lot better. Again, as a consumer you can hate that aproach of game development, which is totally fair, but as long as the base game continues to improve and DLCs are parallel to the core experience, I personally see no problem with that aproach.

Last edited:
So much misinformation here. You are entitled to your opinion, of course, and I am not an apologist for them, but regurgitating (mis)information from Reddit is not cool either.
Well, most of my info came from steam reviews, which may or may not be more trustworthy than reddit, but thank you for clearing up my mistakes nevertheless.
But as someone that owns only the base game of CK3, plays it regularly, and have seen that base game get so much better over its 3 years without me having to spend a single penny more, I must say that there is alot more nuance to their business practice.

Vic3 is on my wishlist, because patch 1.5 is probably getting the game to where it should have been at release. Its DLCs have truly been underwheling, but they were locked into them because of the DLC season pass and couldn't easily pivot after the base game and first DLC were so poorly received... And the sun does not rise in the west in Vic3. There are 2 lightsources ("Suns"), one of which moves only somewhat. This was a deliberate decision by the art team to make the game look like they wanted. Whether you think this is still silly (which is valid), it's your opinion. But it was not like the Devs just forgot where the sun rises.
Fair, also CK3 base game is more complete than CK2 base game (even if I've been disappointed by CK3's dlcs and their prices), and to be honest you're also right about the sun thing being an art direction, I was being polemic to be edgy I guess, but I've emphasised it because it is the focal point of a dlc which costs 5 dollars and has no option to change how it works (unless they added it). However, CK3's base game also has had a widespread problem of crashing on consoles for a long time (though its extent might be exaggerated as only the people who crashed would have a reason to complain about crashes).

Paradox having a dlc season pass despite the game's shoddy state and having to release dlcs to make it up to the people who bought the pass is a ****ty solution to a ****ty problem their own ****ty practices caused. If the game is "fixed" with 1.5, that is good on them, but releasing dlcs before the game was fixed was a terrible move in my opinion.

This is not to say that TW's development speed of Bannerlord and their communication with the community has been perfect of course, I and many other people have already criticized TW many times already.

Idk, i played most their base game before buyin as trial when there's one... and I admit there features lacking, but, not game breaking...

What you miss most is what they expect you to miss to launch DLCs

Idk, i played most their base game before buyin as trial when there's one... and I admit there features lacking, but, not game breaking...

What you miss most is what they expect you to miss to launch DLCs
I did exaggerate a bit as well tbh, I think that there are worse game companies than pdx, such as Gamefreak/TPC.

I did exaggerate a bit as well tbh, I think that there are worse game companies than pdx, such as Gamefreak/TPC.
of course Paradox makes failures as well.. Imperator Rome, is an example. Vae Victis surpass the sequel amazingly.

But I understood what you saying...but when I started follow paradox, I saw this as their strategies, introduced a half-baked feature and when players use it they throw DLC at it

Everything you said is absolutely true.

Last edited:
Will forward this for discussion.
Respectfully, why do you guys make endless meetings to discuss obvious things that, for most of them, have already been "fixed" by modders working on their spare time ? Should I make a list ?

Jesus...I think we are pass discussions !

We are giving you suggestions for ages, you know exactly what needs to be done for Bannerlord. They are countless threads, videos, testers talking about exactly what is good, what is missing and what doesn't work in this game. Please, just pick one and make it happen for good.

You can even steal mods for what I care, but just do things. I took several breaks since Bannerlord early access and e v e r y t i m e I come back it's like nothing has changed. Or barely.

The game is lacking basic features, fix that and improve the already existing ones. So we can't enjoy a stable and deep game without having to beg "update please ?" on a Nexus/Steam page. I'm sick of that.

Has the unwanted vlandian sigil on a coat of arms been fixed or do we still need a mod to remove it ? How about the 2H weapons on hips ? Why can't we still save weapons designs and stack crafted ones in our inventory ? Who is the person that prevents you to fix these things all this time ? Just fire him. (thanks the moderator for not editing that last part again, no one is insulting anyone here, let people express themselves).

(sigh heavily)

Sorry to be that guy, I'm not proud to spread raw frustration or worthless sarcasm, but this just kills me...

Last edited:
Respectfully, why do you guys make endless meetings to discuss obvious things that, for most of them, have already been "fixed" by modders working on their spare time ? Should I make a list ?

Jesus...I think we are pass discussions !

We are giving you suggestions for ages, you know exactly what needs to be done for Bannerlord. They are countless threads, videos, testers talking about exactly what is good, what is missing and what doesn't work in this game. Please, just pick one and make it happen for good.

You can even steal mods for what I care, but just do things. I took several breaks since Bannerlord early access and e v e r y t i m e I come back it's like nothing has changed. Or barely.

The game is lacking basic features, fix that and improve the already existing ones. So we can't enjoy a stable and deep game without having to beg "update please ?" on a Nexus/Steam page. I'm sick of that.

Has the unwanted vlandian sigil on a coat of arms been fixed or do we still need a mod to remove it ? How about the 2H weapons on hips ? Why can't we still save weapons designs and stack crafted ones in our inventory ? Who is the person that prevents you to fix these things all this time ? Just fire him.

(sigh heavily)

Sorry to be that guy, I'm not proud to spread raw frustration or worthless sarcasm, but this just kills me...

It's starts at the top. I've spoken to a former Dev in Discord, and they basically summarized the following:

- Bad leadership that can't manage projects, inconsistent ideas/vision and doesn't hold the team accountable for underperformance
- Morale is low due to lack of leadership and low wages, resulting in a culture of apathy and just 'milking it'
- Community manager and team disappearing for days and weeks at a time, completely disconnected from their colleagues

Back
Top Bottom