Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Wishes I hope TaleWorlds will consider for next patch:

- Fix all clan banner textures being smudged by black soot. All sigils on banners, drapes, shields look distorted by some black stuff.

- Make it so not all children from the same parents look like exact clones of each other.

- If there are too many nobles in the castle/keep scene they will pile onto one another in a big heap. Hate this! Maybe add a limit to the amount of NPCs that can spawn in the castle/keep scene like in Warband. Too few nodes where NPCs can sit/stand idle, so they pile up on the last available spot.

- Consider changing the Civilian clothing tag for some clothing. For example the Highland Ceremonial Crown is not tagged as civilian, so you may never equip it in your civilian loadout.

- Update clothing sets to new nobles, and add gender tags to clothing sets for newly spawned nobles. So we may no longer look at giant Sturgian men wearing pink lady dresses. (Kind of strange that my battanian son decided to wear a female tartan dress and a leopard skin for his eighteenth birthday.)

- Add more functionality so that when asking nobles to marry one of theirs to one of my relatives, I get to pick which noble instead of always being offered the 70 year old widow.

Love the other announced changes to the patch! Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
any chance to change it so help with brigands isnt the dominate quest in the game. I think it was 1.2 where id say it changed to come up a ton over others like bandit base.
Also, unlike previous versions, where bandits with exclamation icon didn't run away from you, in 1.2 they now run away as any other bandit party, which makes the quest unplayable at later stages of the game. (yeah, I know that you can assign a companion to do that, but sometimes there is just no companion for this quest).

When starting a New Campaign in version 1.2.2.22904, selecting 'Ironman Mode' while setting the difficulty does not apply. Even if you select ironman mode, you can go to the main menu without saving, and the name of the save file does not indicate ironman mode. I'm not using any mods and even deleting and reinstalling the game does the same.

One more issues with 1.2
When you have a 8 or more clan members, on the clan page you can't pick some of them for the role. The icon is missing for some members!
Same for the town governor. I had 31 members, some excluding kids, 26 adults, but only 12 showed up in the Governor selection screen.

Also, unlike previous versions, where bandits with exclamation icon didn't run away from you, in 1.2 they now run away as any other bandit party, which makes the quest unplayable at later stages of the game. (yeah, I know that you can assign a companion to do that, but sometimes there is just no companion for this quest).
Your complaint is that your party speed is too slow once you have a massive army, and instead of adjusting your party or using topopgraphy to trap the bandits, your belief is it's simply unplayable? The game doesn't always have to hold your hand

What decide who outrank who when take over a siege? If you a vassal and a tier 6 clan. It would feel strange if some lower clan roll in and take over?

@Duh_TaleWorlds - in the latest beta, I've noticed that most lords (male) are short and skinny men, despite some having excellent fighter stats. Is this intended? Very few lords I run into - especially in empire, actually resemble someone who can/should fight. It looks really bizarre.

+1 Agreed
any chance to change it so help with brigands isnt the dominate quest in the game. I think it was 1.2 where id say it changed to come up a ton over others like bandit base.
+1 Agreed

Anybody else noticed troops spawning too close to the edge of a hill/rock and falling to their deaths as soon as the battle starts?
Obviously tends to happen when you are unable to use PBOD for whatever reason.

Also, bug with negative influence cost in the millions in still existing when in an army (happens randomly when trying to increase the cohesion, sometimes the cost will vary to a negative value, only to revert back to normal if I close the window and try again a bit later). I remember this happening since ages ago.

Another bug I have found relates to the peace tribute calculations... I was 2 cities from conquering the whole calradia and received a peace proposal of about 1mln per day... from a faction that was left with 2 starving cities and every lord being "very poor".

After accepting it, I declared war again (by now every lord was against the war and even tried to force me to accept the peace offers since the amount was insanely good), only to receive straight away another peace offer worth this time more than 2 millions.

Where are they getting that sort of money from exactly? I ran a simulation by putting the game on "wait" for a long time, and stopped after receiving more than 500 mlns overall in tributes.

I mean it was game over anyway, probably those kind of amounts only happened because of the massive disparity in strenght between the two factions, however I don't think a faction should be able to offer tributes with gold they don't have...

Anybody else noticed troops spawning too close to the edge of a hill/rock and falling to their deaths as soon as the battle starts?
Obviously tends to happen when you are unable to use PBOD for whatever reason.
Yeah this has been a problem on several of the valley maps since 2020.

Also, bug with negative influence cost in the millions in still existing when in an army (happens randomly when trying to increase the cohesion, sometimes the cost will vary to a negative value, only to revert back to normal if I close the window and try again a bit later). I remember this happening since ages ago.
Can´t remember where i read this. But if a party is lower then needed. Is it 60%? Can´t remember. But if they are lower this happens. I see it too sometimes.
If wounded don´t count or they just need to recruit a prisoner i just never botherered to try it out.
Game for some reason has gotten alot easier.

A mechanic where I can join the minor factions!

A mechanic where mercenary minor factions can sell warriors from their roster.
A mechanic where mercenary minor factions can train my army for a price.

A mechanic where religious minor factions can spread their religion (and influence).
A mechanic where religious minor factions can heal and/or motivate my army for a price.

A mechanic where outlaw minor factions can buy my outlaw prisioners.
A mechanic where outlaw minor factions can trade various black market products.

They need bases, missions, and the possibility to also attack cities and castles!
I want, for example, to be able to lead the Wolfskins and conquer part of Battania!

Back
Top Bottom