Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

No controllers, the voice commands and NPC battle shouts are just boosted to an immense level. Once I have launched 1.2.0, my ears started bleeding... It was deafening.
Do you mean they are louder than on prior versions or that the slider is not working? We don't experience louder volume on our set ups(nor does it seem to be sth that affects all players) and a number of reports conflate the two topics.

Do you mean they are louder than on prior versions or that the slider is not working? We don't experience louder volume on our set ups(nor does it seem to be sth that affects all players) and a number of reports conflate the two topics.
If you want proof I can link my stream test that almost blew my ears out when I hit my first battle

Yes, they are quite loud, and if I tune the "Voiceover volume", it only affects greetings and other stuff, but not shouts during the battle (Commands from your PC, the notorious "I'LL EAT YOUR LIVEEEEEER", etc.) . They also seem to be louder than any other sound too. I can definitely say that they weren't that loud before, and I am not alone in this.

Hi, while you are experiencing this issue, were there any controllers attached?
No, volume slider doesnt work, even if master volume is at zero. And yes its terrrrrrrrible. I havnt played with sound on since the update came out.
It wasn't like this on any prior version. For additional context, I experience this no matter what my hardware setup is, headphones are impossible now, and my normal sound with a 5.1 surround system through a receiver produces this problem as well. Output settings have no affect, ie it does not matter if I'm using monitors, headset, soundcard, toslink, trs, front panel connectors, so I'm 100% this is coming from the software.

The problem is that shouts and battle command orders are tied to the master volume. So turning down other things wont help, there is a work around, turn the master volume way down and turn all the others way up. Until they fix it that is your only recourse. Not sure how this was missed in testing, my first battle against looters nearly blew my ear drums out

@Duh_TaleWorlds @MArdA TaleWorlds It's a weird bug where the enemy yelling and speech is unaffected by the volume settings or the distance and is always ridiculously loud. It always feels like there's an enemy yelling in your ear even if you're far away from any combat. For example, you can still hear the shouts if you stayed at the start of a hideout map your troops have been charging the enemy on their own. This doesn't extend to things like sword clashes or blocking sounds though (at least I haven't encountered it), it's just enemy yelling and screeching.

Although, it can be fun if you kept it as an "immersive PTSD" option.

+1 Same issue with the yelling. I now set all audio levels to 0.05 and still they're destroying my speakers with loudness.

In no previous versions did I have any audio issues. This is specific for 1.2.0

Guys , will this patch be on PS5 , and when? I couldnt find any info about it.
And yo , if this patch end up droppiing on consoles , does all those changes apply on old saves?
TY!!!!!

Maybe make it so children have a chance of gain certain traits when you pick their education when they grow up. Not like be born with traits such as cruel and devious, seems very odd that.

Maybe make it so children have a chance of gain certain traits when you pick their education when they grow up. Not like be born with traits such as cruel and devious, seems very odd that.
Well, it is very possible that someone is born with mental tendencies towards cruelty, eg. sociopathy.

Well, it is very possible that someone is born with mental tendencies towards cruelty, eg. sociopathy.
True, but there is trait combos you certainly do not come out of the womb with, but is a taught/learned thing. Here is your new child, he seems to be "Honorable, But Stiff-Necked And Cruel".... right?

Back
Top Bottom