Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

Users who are viewing this thread

As a customer, this is obviously pretty frustrating, but from a career/working perspective, it's actually pretty cool that a business would do this for their staff. I mean, I wish my employer fed me a billion vacation days per year, so if this is true then I can't even hate on the Taleworlds devs. Just keep soaking up that vacation time boys, and enjoy your endless summer!
If they're paid holidays yeah, but if it's just no-work when your job is a hourly wage it's not so hot. I have no idea how TW does it though. And of course if you can get time + 1/2 for working holidays, oh yeah sorry bae bae G's-us, Pappa got work to do.

TW give 1.7.3, think of the horses!

If they're paid holidays yeah, but if it's just no-work when your job is a hourly wage it's not so hot. I have no idea how TW does it though. And of course if you can get time + 1/2 for working holidays, oh yeah sorry bae bae G's-us, Pappa got work to do.

I mean yeah if Taleworlds is just shutting down for huge swathes of time for no reason and with unpaid leave then that would just be... weird lol. Like an anti-business at that point.

Also time and a half is massively overrated, it's pretty much just a trap to get the 70 IQ rise n' grind™ kids to come in and work the hours the smart sane people refuse. That extra bit of chump change is moot in the long run. If working full time at your job isn't enough to make ends meet and you have to hawk for overtime hours or holiday shifts, then news flash: you're getting fleeced by your employer, and you should either renegotiate your pay ASAP or start sending your résumé out to other places.

As a customer, this is obviously pretty frustrating, but from a career/working perspective, it's actually pretty cool that a business would do this for their staff. I mean, I wish my employer fed me a billion vacation days per year, so if this is true then I can't even hate on the Taleworlds devs. Just keep soaking up that vacation time boys, and enjoy your endless summer!

Absolutely. And in any competitive business where does always a short supply of good labor you need to take care of your employees. If you want to attract good staff, you need to have good employment.

And how many researchers haven't looked at time worked + time off & productivity. Productivity goes way up when employees are at their happiest. Especially in a creative business.

Waiting for patch 1.7.3 is so painful.
If there is no patch this week, please let we know.
They can´t answer this because of blocker issuesTM.

What they could say but don´t want to because of reasons:

What the **** can we expect with the next update? Is this long time at least worth it? Or is it another lackluster minor patch as the last two patches?

Will we get banners, claimants or anything useful?

There won't be a new beta this week.
dTcAHZc.jpg

And how many researchers haven't looked at time worked + time off & productivity. Productivity goes way up when employees are at their happiest. Especially in a creative business.
That implies that such things can or should be researched, i haven't looked it up but this is besides my point. I suspect such things are neither unoform nor even replicable given the complexity of the system that is human action. Even if you do get a result it still doesn't tell you if the implementation would actually be useful. As such decisions may not actually be economical the only useful standard is seems to be profit (look up economic calculation problem if you don't believe me), in a theoretical free market that is.

then news flash: you're getting fleeced by your employer, and you should either renegotiate your pay ASAP or start sending your résumé out to other places.
Two words. Time preference.

Is there any chance that Beta e1.7.2 will move to stable branch this week or is it also being held hostage by the upcoming beta patch? The long awaited MP changes are still just sitting in beta branch for no reason.
We're working to release Beta 172 to live before the next Beta patch.

Back
Top Bottom