Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Users who are viewing this thread

What I want to know is where does the money go if I disband the party? Is it all given back to me or does it poof?
Neither of these two really. Ex party leader keeps the money after disbanding the party. If you make them a party leader again, they will have the same amount of denars as they had when you last time disbanded their party. Altough, I don't know what happens to the money when they die if you never make them party leader again, but I guess it is gone for good in such case.

This issue has gone on for quite a bit of time, the AI behaviour when you are an ally is terrible for some reason
Tercero, but its worse now. Ive actually done some testing, and fought the same battle in an army on 1.7.0 and 1.6.5 and the results are.... frankly, quite shocking:
The fight was Vlandians vs Empire. i think western empire, not sure. i was on the Vladians side. We had 1166 troops, they had 853 troops. The casualties were: 806 killed or wounded by us, and 731 killed or wounded by them. The tactic used by Empire AI was: defend, infantry into circle formation, ranged in the circle. Our tactic was: charge at them

Then i had the fight in 1.6.5. Same number of troops, but oh so different tactic and number of casulaties. We killed or wounded 789, they killed or wounded 529. 200 difference in their kills (731 to 529)!!!!! Plus the tactic used was utterly different as well: this time the friendly AI did some "thinking" and retreated their troops, didnt charged head on!....

So i dont know WHAT has changed from 1.6.5 to 1.7.0 but smth changed drastically in AI use of Tactics, but as well in the dmg done to ally troops and enemy troops....

And yes, one can say: well then its good, cause its more challenging. True, i agree, but im a very casual gamer. i dont want a challenging game, if i wanted id play dark souls. i wanna chill and conquer....

well then its good, cause its more challenging
That's not true though, it can't be challenging because you're not DOING anything about it. You have to ask the player to do something for it to be a challenge. A Challenge is like "can you COMMAND 400 troops to defeat 800?" but "you have 150 troops you control and 500 that will suicide charge... what do tee hee ?‍♂️" is not a challenge because you could just spare the poor AI and kill the enemy yourself. But I know what you mean, people will try to say things are "challenging" when there was no challenge to player at all, such as charge troops up ladders in a siege and lose 1/2 you troops "boy what a hard siege" but they didn't even command or make any effort. Where as do a proper siege with destroying walls and good placement and timing and you lose like 5/300 troops "oh how broken, how can you not loose troops in a siege?", well I did more PLAYING THE GAME and got a result for my actions and choices, that's how it should be.

We had 1166 troops, they had 853 troops. The casualties were: 806 killed or wounded by us, and 731 killed or wounded by them. The tactic used by Empire AI was: defend, infantry into circle formation, ranged in the circle. Our tactic was: charge at them
The pro play is to get them into battle and make sure they all go down, while also downsizing the enemy to a size you're sure you can defeat (which may not be needed), then retreat and leave the battle, then attack again and defeat them, allowing you to free everyone and harvest free troops. Our hero, getting max loot and relations, it's okay you tricked us into attacking a larger enemy and watched us all die, we forgive you, WE LOVE YOU!!

Never ever join anyone army. Bring them to yours and you can control them all. Any AI I can't control is just a type of resource to harvest. Don't join them in battle unless they're already loosing (or you want to **** them over) because they will do better in autocalc then on suicide charge.

So i dont know WHAT has changed from 1.6.5 to 1.7.0 but smth changed drastically in AI use of Tactics, but as well in the dmg done to ally troops and enemy troops....
One thing for sure, MORAL, troops fight much longer now and it will equal more downed troops if you were just ramming troops together before. Now more then ever you need to use all troop types effectively to minimize losses......well you can still use just ranged troops I guess, but still. Before it was common to see hundreds of routed troops in a large battle, now it will be just a handful, often like 2 cat-o-phracks that latest the whole battle.

Neither of these two really. Ex party leader keeps the money after disbanding the party. If you make them a party leader again, they will have the same amount of denars as they had when you last time disbanded their party. Altough, I don't know what happens to the money when they die if you never make them party leader again, but I guess it is gone for good in such case.
Well that's good I guess, so I can SOMEDAY upgrade their gear without an extra cost to deploy. These poor workhorses, they get strapped on junk loot gear at like day 30 and then are pulled through constant wars the rest of their lives until until I work them to death. Although this time I will likely make them lords.

Last edited:
That's not true though, it can't be challenging because you're not DOING anything about it. You have to ask the player to do something for it to be a challenge. A Challenge is like "can you COMMAND 400 troops to defeat 800?" but "you have 150 troops you control and 500 that will suicide charge... what do tee hee ?‍♂️" is not a challenge because you could just spare the poor AI and kill the enemy yourself. But I know what you mean, people will try to say things are "challenging" when there was no challenge to player at all, such as charge troops up ladders in a siege and lose 1/2 you troops "boy what a hard siege" but they didn't even command or make any effort. Where as do a proper siege with destroying walls and good placement and timing and you lose like 5/300 troops "oh how broken, how can you not loose troops in a siege?", well I did more PLAYING THE GAME and got a result for my actions and choices, that's how it should be.

The pro play is to get them into battle and make sure they all go down, while also downsizing the enemy to a size you're sure you can defeat (which may not be needed), then retreat and leave the battle, then attack again and defeat them, allowing you to free everyone and harvest free troops. Our hero, getting max loot and relations, it's okay you tricked us into attacking a larger enemy and watched us all die, we forgive you, WE LOVE YOU!!

Never ever join anyone army. Bring them to yours and you can control them all. Any AI I can't control is just a type of resource to harvest. Don't join them in battle unless they're already loosing (or you want to **** them over) because they will do better in autocalc then on suicide charge.

One thing for sure, MORAL, troops fight much longer now and it will equal more downed troops if you were just ramming troops together before. Now more then ever you need to use all troop types effectively to minimize losses......well you can still use just ranged troops I guess, but still. Before it was common to see hundreds of routed troops in a large battle, now it will be just a handful, often like 2 cat-o-phracks that latest the whole battle.

Well that's good I guess, so I can SOMEDAY upgrade their gear without an extra cost to deploy. These poor workhorses, they get strapped on junk loot gear at like day 30 and then are pulled through constant wars the rest of their lives until until I work them to death. Although this time I will likely make them lords.

Whislt i agree with some of what you are saying, i have some doubts in the "never join an army". I find playing in army, mine or AI's a cool thing, nice feature and a fun one. So, ngl, id rather see some changes in the way AI plays, than simply not joining the armies. I mean, dont get me wrong, it IS a sollution, and a quite solid one at that, but.... ehh i have my doubts.
Plus, its impossible to play in your own army cause of the bug that still hasnt been fixed, which causes crashes when you fight in a army you command...

EDIT: plus here is this thing: how come friendly AI charge like a dumbass, and enemy AI uses SOME form of a plan/tactics?...

Plus, its impossible to play in your own army cause of the bug that still hasnt been fixed, which causes crashes when you fight in a army you command...
Well, I've been doing it constantly with no crash, I'm sorry you have a bug, have done the usual of removing mods and verifying files?
find playing in army, mine or AI's a cool thing, nice feature and a fun one. So, ngl, id rather see some changes in the way AI plays, than simply not joining the armies.
Fair enough, but aside from their performance you can accomplish so much more on your own (or with own army at rank 2).

Well, I've been doing it constantly with no crash, I'm sorry you have a bug, have done the usual of removing mods and verifying files?
Nah, its not just me. Its a known bug, and apparently its supposed to get fixed with the new patch. So i need to be patient.
Fair enough, but aside from their performance you can accomplish so much more on your own (or with own army at rank 2).
I agree with that, but... like i said, i enjoy playing in armies. But frankly, when your AI charges like a dumb **** straight into the enemy, there is very little enjoyment in that. Its a typical phyrric victory. One more victory like that an we loose the whole war :grin:

please devs do something about the lord recruiting system I think it will be great like Warband was they come in there on to u it will be great 1 clan= 1 million dinars this is so hard and not a good system ai kings has cheats we don't they have millions of dinars we don't

Hotfix 29/12/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after talking with a companion after loading an older save file.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after a battle mission is ended while the "Disrupt Supply Lines" quest was active.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when exiting a mission.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when loading a save game with the "Prodigal Son" issue quest active during the common area fight with the gang leader stage of the quest.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when closing the inventory, party screen, or character creation screens.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when creating a new game after the campaign intro video.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after trading with a caravan.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to initiate a conversation with village notable directly from the UI.
  • Fixed a crash occurred when bartering for peace during a siege.

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that made the main party remain and be renamed to "unnamedMobileParty" after the player character died while the selected heir was a prisoner. (Also in 1.6.5 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze when forfeiting a game of Tablut. (Also in 1.6.5 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the smithing level slider from updating correctly.
  • Fixed a number of issues related to that 'Health Advice', 'Tribute', and 'Self Promoter' perks.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the "Family Feud" quest character to disappear.
  • Fixed a bug that caused party nameplates to remain on screen while while the party was off-camera.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented donated prisoners from being added to dungeons.

Changes
  • It is no longer possible to transfer quest characters to towns using the settlement companion transfer UI.

Serious hotfix - seems there's more than meets the eye - 9.3 GB for me..
they've said in the past that the way their codebase works, any file which has its code changed in order to fix a bug or crash has to be redownloaded. that's why some patches are huge for what seems like not much change

they've said in the past that the way their codebase works:
todd-howard-it-just-works.gif

When can it be repaired in rainy days? When can the dynamic weather system be added? When can the day and night cycle be added? When can the moon have moonlight at night? When can the hair move? When can the NPC speak? When can the mouth move? When can the NPC speak with sound?

When can it be repaired in rainy days? When can the dynamic weather system be added? When can the day and night cycle be added? When can the moon have moonlight at night? When can the hair move? When can the NPC speak? When can the mouth move? When can the NPC speak with sound?

When will I see you again?
When will we share precious moments?
Will I have to wait forever?
Or will I have to suffer and cry the whole night through?

When will our hearts beat together?
Are we in love or just friends?
Is this my beginning or is this the end?
(When will I see you again?)

Are we in love or just friends?
Is this my beginning or is this the end?

Back
Top Bottom