Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Sounds right, you're fielding 3-4 parties while fielding your own party with "pimped out gear" and you're expecting low maintenance and high profits? "send a party out on patrol, they should be a money making operation" it really shouldn't be, its a patrol you're paying for, not a raid.

Disband a party or 2 and your money will come rolling back in, sounds like you're just poorly handling your finances by over extending your coffers and blaming the game for not just giving you more money per month, there's got to be a balance where you can save up and splash out on max parties during war.

Edit: 150 a day per workshop isnt good

How are you supposed to mobilize all of your party capability if you can't afford to use them as a money making operation and you can't afford to keep troops for them in garrison? Just from a gameplay perspective, this sounds miserable. Every time my kingdom randomly declares war, I am supposed to drag around companions and recruit a party for them? That's tedious.

Call the workshop 250 per day then. It's still years of operation to make enough profit to afford a helmet. Something is out of balance.

How are you supposed to mobilize all of your party capability if you can't afford to use them as a money making operation and you can't afford to keep troops for them in garrison? Just from a gameplay perspective, this sounds miserable. Every time my kingdom randomly declares war, I am supposed to drag around companions and recruit a party for them? That's tedious.

Call the workshop 250 per day then. It's still years of operation to make enough profit to afford a helmet. Something is out of balance.

"How are you supposed to mobilize all of your party capability if you can't afford to use them as a money making operation and you can't afford to keep troops for them in garrison?"
Ever heard of a war chest? build up your finances, sell loots, ransom lords, use more caravans, trade ect there are means to make money you're just overly relying on passive income to maintain 4x your party at all times.

"Just from a gameplay perspective, this sounds miserable."
Im trying to imagine the game giving us so much money that we dont need to actually do anything after building 4 workshops, that sounds very boring..

" Every time my kingdom randomly declares war, I am supposed to drag around companions and recruit a party for them? That's tedious."
It is tedious which is why they can recruit soldiers themselves.

I'm not saying it's perfect but in my current games in 1.7 I've been finding it pretty good, in the past i'd easily get into the 1mil mark and money just becomes a joke but in my current campaigns im actually having to balance and work for it and im more often than not ransoming lords rather than hold them because I'd like the short term money gain, it seems to be working as intended and I wouldn't want to go back to having infinite money.

Edit: They're introducing party templates eventually, perhaps at that point we could maintain max parties but with a lower average quality troops to keep a tidy profit.

Last edited:
The year is 1090 in my game with no mods the game was running great until this new hotfix and now every time i end a battle the game crashes each time i restart from save and try something different in hope for it not to happen again. but again it crashes at the end of a battle.TW sort this out you put out a great update and first hotfix you crash the game.

for party wages, when our AI parties are out recruiting I noticed we ae paying 3k-5k a day for them, its almost like there was an added 0 in there for recruiting, how can they be paying that much per day, even with noble lines that means they are recruiting 10-20 a day. I had never seen this before and I do have a bug report and sent a save file for it. In your games check for party wages when they recruit

for party wages, when our AI parties are out recruiting I noticed we ae paying 3k-5k a day for them, its almost like there was an added 0 in there for recruiting, how can they be paying that much per day, even with noble lines that means they are recruiting 10-20 a day. I had never seen this before and I do have a bug report and sent a save file for it. In your games check for party wages when they recruit
It probably has to do with parties being below 10k; I think you paid the difference plus their wage if that was the case.

It probably has to do with parties being below 10k; I think you paid the difference plus their wage if that was the case.
What I want to know is where does the money go if I disband the party? Is it all given back to me or does it poof?
Yeah it's obnoxious, I never let them do that and only use them in army and make them fight constantly, the only way they pull their weight. What's more obnoxious is there's no way the AI should be able to keep fielding constant parties if they had to pay equally, if they have to front load 5-10K every party.... there's some cheats there, either they don't do it or they're not penalized by hitting zero cash. Just think of how many things the player does for money and how many battles you win, now the AI does none of the extra things, does not min/max garrisons and only wins like 1/4 as many battles: How are they paying 3 parties constantly and rapidly re-forming parties forever? I know a few problems like they don't suffer fast enough from a moral hit because they start the game with leadership, so missing wages doesn't actually = missing troops, garrisons don't disband from missing wage, there is no negative wage building up, so basically the AI can play horribly and still make endless armies forever.

giphy.gif

@Dejan did any of the 1.7 hotfixes change siege performance? I ask because last weak I had problems with units being all lumped into group 1 and 2 in siege, but this week they have been behaving appropriately, staying in the same groups they are deployed on.
8HhJB.jpg

^This is how I expect them to perform, able to use ranged and shielded troops independently for a controlled minimal loss siege.
I wonder if it was worked on in a hot fix, or it could related to different siege maps, or siege condition such as the presence of ladder versus the removal of wall. Anyway at the very least my sieges this weak in my second 1.7 game, with the walls removed all went well with troops maintaining their orders and groups.

If the "Hide Battle UI" option is selected, a pause menu option is added so it can be enabled without going into the options screen. I can bring up tying the general enabling/disabling of this feature to a key, internally.
Very nice (y) Have you been able to do that in the end ?

i had a town siege a few days ago and breached both walls and the defending AI was pathfinding outside the town from one wall breach to the other with 200 troops or so

Hotfix 21/12/21

Singleplayer​

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused settlement nameplate quest markers to remain after a quest was completed.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the commander of a formation to be transferred to another formation in the "Order of Battle" screen.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented locked formation weight sliders from resetting when changing the troop type of a formation.
  • Fixed a bug that caused troops to be sent to an unrelated formation when there were available formations with locked weights.

I was wondering whether this Hotfix includes any significant improvements to the OoB system?
I really don't want to re-download the whole of 1.7.0 if it's not. I like the new system, but I don't feel I can play it the way it is right now.
Thank you.

The game is consistently locking up when minimizing the game (in full screen mode) in taverns and in castles. Didn't have this issue in 1.6.5

Also, I don't like the new behavior of the game bringing up the main menu when I shift to a second window to manage a playlist or go to word to make notes. It blocks my ability to see what I wanted to notate.

Had some time with 1.7.0 and... holy jesus, son of god is it confusing. From one side, there are things that are amazing: battle terrain system the order of battle, siege fixes... But AI behaviour in battles is... terrible. When you are in an allied army, you almost always loose. even when you win, the casulties are sky rocketing. and im playing on lowest difficulty.
The Ally AI Tactic is always the same: charge the enemy no matter what. They have 400 troop advantage? no problem! almost similar forces? LETS GOOO. Battles that before used to be an easy win, now are just hideus to play, because of the way the battle plays out: either a total loss or a phyric victory.
The funny thing is that the enemy can do proper tactics: shield wall, stay in one spot, let the enemy win. Considering that you cant lead your own armies (there is a bug that crashes the game after every battle) The Army Battles are an absolute ****hole to play.

IF its possible, TW, do give a look at the AI BAttle behaviour when in army, cause i doubt that its working how its supposed to work...

Had some time with 1.7.0 and... holy jesus, son of god is it confusing. From one side, there are things that are amazing: battle terrain system the order of battle, siege fixes... But AI behaviour in battles is... terrible. When you are in an allied army, you almost always loose. even when you win, the casulties are sky rocketing. and im playing on lowest difficulty.
The Ally AI Tactic is always the same: charge the enemy no matter what. They have 400 troop advantage? no problem! almost similar forces? LETS GOOO. Battles that before used to be an easy win, now are just hideus to play, because of the way the battle plays out: either a total loss or a phyric victory.
The funny thing is that the enemy can do proper tactics: shield wall, stay in one spot, let the enemy win. Considering that you cant lead your own armies (there is a bug that crashes the game after every battle) The Army Battles are an absolute ****hole to play.

IF its possible, TW, do give a look at the AI BAttle behaviour when in army, cause i doubt that its working how its supposed to work...
This issue has gone on for quite a bit of time, the AI behaviour when you are an ally is terrible for some reason

Back
Top Bottom