Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not sure if anybody else is getting this with the new hotfix, but any of my saves where I access the armor section of a town market, the game crashes with a message saying the file is corrupt, and couldn't pull something from Native/CoreAssets.
Can you send me the save file via PM? Also did you install any modifications prior?

and 7,4 gb right ?
thanks a lot
I'm deleting the game and TW forever and good luck to you.
I think that hotfix list is not correct, or rather its just a small part of it.

More weapons were added, balancing changes and more.

edit: for 1.6.4
The small patch is for 1.6.5

Here we go, from steam:

Hotfix (e1.6.4) & Beta Hotfix (e1.6.5 - 12/11/21)

Singleplayer

Crashes

• Fixed a crash that occurred during a conversation with the brother in the training field.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the “New Campaign” button was clicked.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while playing the Tablut board game.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to new items being added by mods.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when calculating prisoner barter values.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when a child was born.

Fixes

• Fixed a bug that caused troops to desert from the main party.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed the player to escape before the battle without sacrificing any troops if their tactics skill level was above 200.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to gift a captured settlement that was still part of an ongoing ownership vote and receive a relationship bonus as an exploit.

Multiplayer

Crashes

• Fixed a number of bugs that were causing servers to crash.

Fixes

• Fixed a bug that caused perk icons to be displayed incorrectly.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some customization items to be hidden if certain perks were selected.

Changes

• Increased the cooldown time for shouts from 0.4s to 2.0s.
  • Added new weapons (bows, cavalry spears, two-handers, a shovel and many more).
  • Adjusted the perks of many classes (over 200 perk changes).
  • Infantry
    • Weapon adjustments
      • Buffed some underperforming one-handed weapons.
      • Nerfed many two-handed weapons.
    • Added new melee-oriented perks for heavy infantry classes as well as replaced some existing ones.
    • Heavy infantry classes now have better shields by default.
    • Increased the combat speed for most heavy infantry classes.
    • Decreased the combat and movement speed of shock troops (they still remain one of the fastest troop types in the game).
    • Cost changes
      • Voulgier (Vlandia) 120 -> 130.
      • Legionary (Empire) 160 -> 150.
      • Guard (Aserai) 120 -> 130.
      • Ulfhednar (Sturgia) 120 -> 130.
      • Further increased the cost of shock troops in team deathmatch and siege.
  • Cavalry
    • Couched lances will now disengage earlier on lower speeds.
    • Many weapon adjustments to lances.
    • All light cavalry now uses long spears by default. Light cavalry can now also upgrade into newly created cavalry spears.
    • All heavy cavalry now uses lances by default.
    • Slightly decreased the speed of horses.
    • Reduced the charge damage of all horses.
    • Decreased the armour values of all horse bardings.
    • Increased all horse hitpoints.
    • Cost changes
      • Mounted Archer 150 -> 250 (only in team deathmatch and siege).
  • Ranged
    • Reduced the archers turning speed penalty while aiming.
    • Made weapon switching after releasing missiles faster.
    • Reworked the default bows of each class.
    • Changed the characteristics of nearly every bow and crossbow.
    • Reworked bow and quiver visuals of all items. Each arrow type now has their own “strong arrow” variation.
    • Added many new bows as perks. Perk bows now offer similar damage but other advantages like draw speed, range and accuracy.
    • Increased damage of throwing weapons (throwing axes received an extra buff).
    • Aserai Skirmishers now use Jereeds by default.
    • Cost changes
      • Wildling 120 -> 130.
      • Aserai Veteran 160 -> 150.
  • Check the forum thread for more details.

Both

Crashes

• Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to play the game while not being logged into GOG.

Fixes

• Fixed a bug that caused the launcher to continue to run when closed from the taskbar.

e1.6.5 Beta

Singleplayer

Crashes

• Fixed a crash that occurred due to new items being added by mods. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while playing the Tablut board game. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the “New Campaign” button was clicked. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred during a conversation with the brother in the training field. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred if the player navigated between the encyclopedia pages quickly.

Fixes

• Fixed a bug that caused troops to desert from the main party. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that allowed the player to escape before the battle without sacrificing any troops if their tactics skill level was above 200. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that caused the finance panel in the clan management screen to block the party member selection.

Multiplayer

Crashes

• Fixed a number of bugs that were causing servers to crash. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)

Fixes

• Fixed a bug that caused some customization items to be hidden if certain perks were selected. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)

Changes

• Increased the cooldown time for shouts from 0.4s to 2.0s. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)
  • Applied all the new combat changes from the e1.6.4 hotfix to the 1.6.5 Beta hotfix as well.

Both

Crashes

• Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to play the game while not being logged into GOG. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)

Here we go, from steam:

Hotfix (e1.6.4) & Beta Hotfix (e1.6.5 - 12/11/21)

Singleplayer

Crashes

• Fixed a crash that occurred during a conversation with the brother in the training field.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the “New Campaign” button was clicked.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while playing the Tablut board game.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to new items being added by mods.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when calculating prisoner barter values.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when a child was born.

Fixes

• Fixed a bug that caused troops to desert from the main party.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed the player to escape before the battle without sacrificing any troops if their tactics skill level was above 200.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to gift a captured settlement that was still part of an ongoing ownership vote and receive a relationship bonus as an exploit.

Multiplayer

Crashes

• Fixed a number of bugs that were causing servers to crash.

Fixes

• Fixed a bug that caused perk icons to be displayed incorrectly.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some customization items to be hidden if certain perks were selected.

Changes

• Increased the cooldown time for shouts from 0.4s to 2.0s.
  • Added new weapons (bows, cavalry spears, two-handers, a shovel and many more).
  • Adjusted the perks of many classes (over 200 perk changes).
  • Infantry
    • Weapon adjustments
      • Buffed some underperforming one-handed weapons.
      • Nerfed many two-handed weapons.
    • Added new melee-oriented perks for heavy infantry classes as well as replaced some existing ones.
    • Heavy infantry classes now have better shields by default.
    • Increased the combat speed for most heavy infantry classes.
    • Decreased the combat and movement speed of shock troops (they still remain one of the fastest troop types in the game).
    • Cost changes
      • Voulgier (Vlandia) 120 -> 130.
      • Legionary (Empire) 160 -> 150.
      • Guard (Aserai) 120 -> 130.
      • Ulfhednar (Sturgia) 120 -> 130.
      • Further increased the cost of shock troops in team deathmatch and siege.
  • Cavalry
    • Couched lances will now disengage earlier on lower speeds.
    • Many weapon adjustments to lances.
    • All light cavalry now uses long spears by default. Light cavalry can now also upgrade into newly created cavalry spears.
    • All heavy cavalry now uses lances by default.
    • Slightly decreased the speed of horses.
    • Reduced the charge damage of all horses.
    • Decreased the armour values of all horse bardings.
    • Increased all horse hitpoints.
    • Cost changes
      • Mounted Archer 150 -> 250 (only in team deathmatch and siege).
  • Ranged
    • Reduced the archers turning speed penalty while aiming.
    • Made weapon switching after releasing missiles faster.
    • Reworked the default bows of each class.
    • Changed the characteristics of nearly every bow and crossbow.
    • Reworked bow and quiver visuals of all items. Each arrow type now has their own “strong arrow” variation.
    • Added many new bows as perks. Perk bows now offer similar damage but other advantages like draw speed, range and accuracy.
    • Increased damage of throwing weapons (throwing axes received an extra buff).
    • Aserai Skirmishers now use Jereeds by default.
    • Cost changes
      • Wildling 120 -> 130.
      • Aserai Veteran 160 -> 150.
  • Check the forum thread for more details.

Both

Crashes

• Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to play the game while not being logged into GOG.

Fixes

• Fixed a bug that caused the launcher to continue to run when closed from the taskbar.

e1.6.5 Beta

Singleplayer

Crashes

• Fixed a crash that occurred due to new items being added by mods. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while playing the Tablut board game. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the “New Campaign” button was clicked. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred during a conversation with the brother in the training field. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred if the player navigated between the encyclopedia pages quickly.

Fixes

• Fixed a bug that caused troops to desert from the main party. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that allowed the player to escape before the battle without sacrificing any troops if their tactics skill level was above 200. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that caused the finance panel in the clan management screen to block the party member selection.

Multiplayer

Crashes

• Fixed a number of bugs that were causing servers to crash. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)

Fixes

• Fixed a bug that caused some customization items to be hidden if certain perks were selected. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)

Changes

• Increased the cooldown time for shouts from 0.4s to 2.0s. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)
  • Applied all the new combat changes from the e1.6.4 hotfix to the 1.6.5 Beta hotfix as well.

Both

Crashes

• Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to play the game while not being logged into GOG. (Also in e1.6.4 hotfix.)
Dejan posted the exact same things in these forums.
One for 1.6.5 and one for 1.6.4...

Not gonna try and burst your bubbles, but instead of adding some stupid Aserai Crown, that literally nobody asked for, how about u fix the massive lag and ping issues like half ur community is getting for 2 weeks now. NIN3 told me "I will forward it to the people that HOPEFULLY know how to fix it".. Yeah, looks like they can't fix it.

Kind of a punch to the face for the people that have been here for over a year, keeping ur ****ty Multiplayer alive, even tho it barely gets 30 active players on skirm.

Not gonna try and burst your bubbles, but instead of adding some stupid Aserai Crown, that literally nobody asked for,
A while ago I went through the SP forums to make a feedback compilation, and quite a few people did ask for crowns for rulers. For example (but not limited to) the Creative Unit Aesthetics Archive thread.
how about u fix the massive lag and ping issues like half ur community is getting for 2 weeks now.
That would be good yeah, but don't blame the 3D modelers. SP and MP have separate teams working on them, and the artists who make stuff like crowns aren't coders, so they can't fix network issues.

Don't get me wrong, there are some issues with TW focusing on stuff very few people/nobody asked for, and definitely issues with pace of progress, but the art team isn't the source of the problem.

Last edited:
Not gonna try and burst your bubbles, but instead of adding some stupid Aserai Crown, that literally nobody asked for, how about u fix the massive lag and ping issues like half ur community is getting for 2 weeks now. NIN3 told me "I will forward it to the people that HOPEFULLY know how to fix it".. Yeah, looks like they can't fix it.

Kind of a punch to the face for the people that have been here for over a year, keeping ur ****ty Multiplayer alive, even tho it barely gets 30 active players on skirm.

1. Actually I asked for crowns, gear for faction leaders is my most-requested thing, sorry. Some of us do like single player.

2. The art team doesn't work on fixing lag and crashes. You don't ask your dentist to fix your car.

How many times are you going to say good bye
fabulous-i-said-good-day-sir.gif

Blah, having to abandon the game I started due to the voice issue. I restarted more than ten brand new games sandbox and story mode and I only get the one voice option now. It shows them all but after launch it's always voice 1. Such a bummer, I haven't played since August and it's two steps back. If I could turn off voice response on orders I'd just use my imagination but this gruff voice is just terrible.

I'm not sure that's true. I only really focus on worldmaps but we've seen lots of optimisation changes recently. 1.6.4 massively compresses terrain.bin files reducing Main_map's by 55% at the expense of a slightly bigger flora.bin - I believe it was reorganising the way flora layers were handled. 1.6.5 activated TW's campaign_icon_capsule system, which sections campaign maps into 90ish geographical boxes and uses engine C++ scripts Town_Entity_Manager and Town_Scene_Manager to introduce a new faster hierarchical way of culling map icons that are off screen or occulted as they don't need to be drawn - improving stability and fps on the campaign map on minimum spec pcs. Stuff like this only has the tip of the iceberg breaking the surface.
1.6.5 fixing the massive memory leaks when sculpting terrain in the scene editor was a godsend for me.
If what you said is true, I must withdraw my previous not objective and unfair evaluation of TW company. They have been working hard. Although there are few flattering changes, they are making bottom and obscurity’s work . Although this kind of change cannot be seen directly with the naked eye, once qualitative change, it will have a more far-reaching impact than those superficial, Flattering and flattering changes

Last edited:
Flamebaiting/trolling
1. Actually I asked for crowns, gear for faction leaders is my most-requested thing, sorry. Some of us do like single player.

2. The art team doesn't work on fixing lag and crashes. You don't ask your dentist to fix your car.
Please refrain from replying to my posts, if you obviously have not read them correctly. I said "NIN3 told me he FORWARDED it to the people that know what to do", which obviously either isn't true, or the Connections-Team doesn't know how to fix it.

Also, I do care about Singleplayer, but cmon man.. U can't honestly say it's any good in its current state. 99% of the NPCs don't even have basic dialog, and whatever faction u join, will steamroll everything, cuz battles are far too easy.

A while ago I went through the SP forums to make a feedback compilation, and quite a few people did ask for crowns for rulers. For example (but not limited to) the Creative Unit Aesthetics Archive thread.

That would be good yeah, but don't blame the 3D modelers. SP and MP have separate teams working on them, and the artists who make stuff like crowns aren't coders, so they can't fix network issues.

Don't get me wrong, there are some issues with TW focusing on stuff very few people/nobody asked for, and definitely issues with pace of progress, but the art team isn't the source of the problem.
Again, I didn't blame the Arts team for anything, I just said that NIN3 was supposed to pass it on to the people who know what to do. But well.. what can u expect from a company that works three days a week.

Come one you fully well know that is not true, so please stop trolling/flamebaiting or in this particular sentence spreading rumors that you know are false.
To be quite honest with u, Idk if those rumors are false. Actually feels like the game is only being worked on three days a week. Also I wasn't "flamebating" or "trolling", I was just stating my opinion on how bad Bannerlord is, compared to the money it made. And don't play the "Covid-Uno-Reverse Card" cuz other development studios had to go through that as well, and their games are actually playable.

You @Erminas told me in PMs that criticism is allowed, so here you go:

1. The game is empty af. This is probably the obvious one, cuz if u know Warband SP, then you know that Lords actually have dialogs, which is not the case in this game. There is basically NOTHING to do when ur not at war. And even if you're at war, you probably won't lose a single battle, which kinda takes the fun out of it.

2. The grafics are already outdated. One of the biggest selling points of Bannerlord was the "Improved Grafics". And while they are in fact improved compared to Warband, they are still nowhere near great grafics. Plus the amount of grafical glitches and bugs in this game is absolutely mental.

3. The Multiplayer is an insult to Warband veterans and new players alike. I am gonna be honest with you, but the Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord Multiplayer is probably the worst Multiplayer I have seen in years... And I've played hundreds of games, and most of those had a multiplayer. The fact that the development studio of a major Franchise, which just took in somewhere between 200-250.000.000€, is not capable of fixing their own Multiplayer is beyond me. Even DayZ's Multiplayer performs better... which is saying alot.

4. The development team literally DOES NOT LISTEN to the community. I'll admit, since NIN3 took over the Art's and Balance thingy, it has gotten better, and his first update (1.6.4) is actually pretty good. But oh boy.. the last year of updates was kinda... pointless. It probably went kinda like this:

Community: "We want a balanced gaming environment"
TW: "Let's buff archers and cav, so the community DOES NOT have a balanced gaming enviroment"
Community: "We want connection issues fixed"
TW: "Let's fix the connection issues, but **** their ping up immediatly afterwards, because we are not able of getting a proper provider, even tho we just made a quarter of a billion dollars"
Community: "We want ranked matchmaking, so good players face good players, and beginners face beginners, leading to the game staying active, and avoiding mass ragequitting of newcommers"
TW: "How about we introduce some armors that people can customize their PERFECTLY FINE LOOKING characters with.. Oh and an Elephant DLC is needed as well!!!!"

Let's hope it gets better than THAT with @NIN3 going forward. (Luv you, my german gummi bear)

But oh well. Idk why I went into all the effort of writing this, cuz some cool TW admin will probably remove it anyways :smile:

Back
Top Bottom