Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Not all resolved issues are equally created.
"Still have problems after more than a year? ⌛ We'll take that as a 'no', closed."
True plus 106 pages of need more information, which could be anything until closed as time barred.
Moreover, there's no reason to justify TW's handling of suggestions if you don't have a good overview of their plans and resources. I wish they would state they have too few people to do more work (or whatever is the problem), but that's not what they want to communicate - their development process is completely opaque and we are reduced to pure speculation.
Even if you are the most considerate TW fan, you can't know how much is too much to ask and what is the real likelihood someone will really "look into it".
I agree that we're speculating, me included. Primarily, now, I'd just like a stable base that's easily moddable.
dead on, I have been testing workshop production and caravans since 1.5.6 and I send the data to TW in the hopes things will get adjusted and in the entire 1.6 branch I can say that only i change to caravans were done and the only change to workshops were the we'll call it wool weavery rebalance. What takes 3 months to adjust some workshops like tanneries or give sturgia some help since their shops are horrible. All you get is we are looking into it and months later...we are looking into it #frustrating
I've been watching your posts and admiring your tenacity.
You can say this about most valid feedback/suggestions posts/threads here. We get the occasionally "we are looking into it" and never hear about it ever again.Sad but that´s how it is and how it was since the beginning of the EA release.

The best we can hope for as it seems is that TW adds more minor mods into the vanilla game like they did with the settlement icons or the "soon" coming slow down time when giving order features.

And of course the major stuff they´ve announced in august. That´s all. I don´t believe they will work on other stuff like the boring marriage system or stuff like this. It is was it is.

Or is anyone still here believing that they might add stuff like upgradable workshops? (which they announced back then pre EA release and never said that it was scraped)
I agree that it is what it is, unless @armagan is holding out on some release date easter egg. BTW if anyone at TW wants a suggestion for an easter egg to appease us, I'd quite like the accidentally exposed elephant dlc to be added to BL's release day version. It was a great piece of modelling and animation.

Last edited:
I was able to mod the audio files so I could play, yeay!

Anyone else still seeing their Sturgian Heavy Axemen dropping like flies in any real battle? This is my favorite troop but I lose them way too quickly. I've lost about 30-40 Sturgian Axemen and still have my original two Battanian Oathsworn from the beginning of the game. Not sure what causes them to die so easily.

Anyone else still seeing their Sturgian Heavy Axemen dropping like flies in any real battle? This is my favorite troop but I lose them way too quickly. I've lost about 30-40 Sturgian Axemen and still have my original two Battanian Oathsworn from the beginning of the game. Not sure what causes them to die so easily.
Dont they have high athletics? probably charges in front of everyone else.

That might be a factor with my losses when I'm in an army (which many of them were from large battles) but there is still a discrepancy because when I'm in command I hold them back in formation with my Battanian Oathsworn until the lines meet. I still see higher loses.

I don't want to abandon my favorite unit but I may have to look for a better infantry unit or switch to the Oathsworn.

I agree that we're speculating, me included. Primarily, now, I'd just like a stable base that's easily moddable.

I totally agree with you. Also, provide modding tools that are user friendly. The rest is icing on the cake.
I feel once the game is "finished" (no game is really finished, but...), maybe I should say stable enough and the talented modders start working on it for real (it's currently difficult to do so due to updates breaking mods), this is going to be an amazing game with tons of fun and replay-ability.

The top most important thing is the stable base.

Probably bad armor.

Activity on the database points to it, but I feel also that some issues with 1.6.5 need to be fixed before it goes to live branch. Expect a hotfix Soon™

To be quite honest with u, Idk if those rumors are false. Actually feels like the game is only being worked on three days a week. Also I wasn't "flamebating" or "trolling", I was just stating my opinion on how bad Bannerlord is, compared to the money it made. And don't play the "Covid-Uno-Reverse Card" cuz other development studios had to go through that as well, and their games are actually playable.

You @Erminas told me in PMs that criticism is allowed, so here you go:

1. The game is empty af. This is probably the obvious one, cuz if u know Warband SP, then you know that Lords actually have dialogs, which is not the case in this game. There is basically NOTHING to do when ur not at war. And even if you're at war, you probably won't lose a single battle, which kinda takes the fun out of it.

2. The grafics are already outdated. One of the biggest selling points of Bannerlord was the "Improved Grafics". And while they are in fact improved compared to Warband, they are still nowhere near great grafics. Plus the amount of grafical glitches and bugs in this game is absolutely mental.

3. The Multiplayer is an insult to Warband veterans and new players alike. I am gonna be honest with you, but the Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord Multiplayer is probably the worst Multiplayer I have seen in years... And I've played hundreds of games, and most of those had a multiplayer. The fact that the development studio of a major Franchise, which just took in somewhere between 200-250.000.000€, is not capable of fixing their own Multiplayer is beyond me. Even DayZ's Multiplayer performs better... which is saying alot.

4. The development team literally DOES NOT LISTEN to the community.

Community: "We want a balanced gaming environment"
TW: "Let's buff archers and cav, so the community DOES NOT have a balanced gaming enviroment"
Community: "We want connection issues fixed"
TW: "Let's fix the connection issues, but **** their ping up immediatly afterwards, because we are not able of getting a proper provider, even tho we just made a quarter of a billion dollars"
Community: "We want ranked matchmaking, so good players face good players, and beginners face beginners, leading to the game staying active, and avoiding mass ragequitting of newcommers"
TW: "How about we introduce some armors that people can customize their PERFECTLY FINE LOOKING characters with.. Oh and an Elephant DLC is needed as well!!!!"

But oh well. Idk why I went into all the effort of writing this, cuz some cool TW admin will probably remove it anyways :smile:
Graphics are great when you take into account that they aimed to make the game vastly accessible. Except some poor work done on female armour while using male as base can be an eyesore when you look at them in armory, I don't think they didn't fulfill their part on the promise of improved graphics.
I'm speaking for the captain mode but that buff/rework on archers were needed after they were nerfed to the ground before. So if all inf wins type of environment is balanced, I don't know what balanced means anymore. Cavs didn't get buffed, it was a change, some stuff in favor, some aganist them were implemented. I like the customization and I don't think the work done on it was so heavy to prevent them from implementing other stuff like ranked so don't get why you felt the need to use that. Except the parts everyone voices, you seem to be trying hard to come up with stuff to criticise.

Yeah, not sure why he would criticize the graphics -which in my book look quite good - as opposed to armor providing poor protection, or melee cav sucking, or siege towers not working, or how tedious it is to chase nobles' last known location on the world map, etc. There are multiple things he could have mentioned instead of graphics.

Sure Bannerlord doesn't look as good as the yearly game EA ****s out on the Frostbite engine, but at the same time, good luck running 1000 man battles on Frostbite. Top tier graphics were sacrificed for gameplay and that was a great decision.

Dejan is normally really good when it comes to letting us know when a patch is really close so when he is quiet just assume it's not close. I know he has posted without being asked so when you see Dejan post then get excited.

@Duh_TaleWorlds New patch when ? Or to be more precise battle terrain and order of battle within month ?
No live/beta major patches this week.
Dejan is normally really good when it comes to letting us know when a patch is really close so when he is quiet just assume it's not close. I know he has posted without being asked so when you see Dejan post then get excited.
It's not always like this though so don't rely on this observation of yours too much hah.

Back
Top Bottom