Beta Patch Notes e1.5.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Can you guys enlighten me regarding the notable bug? What is the problem there? Is it notables' going away and not coming back in two weeks? If so, that is the intended design. They all come back in maximum of 4 in game weeks is what I've been told.
They never return at all. In my long-term playthroug there are too many villages with only one notable available. Is that an intended design?
I can provide a save file a bit later, if you'd like to inspect it.

Can you guys enlighten me regarding the notable bug? What is the problem there? Is it notables' going away and not coming back in two weeks? If so, that is the intended design. They all come back in maximum of 4 in game weeks is what I've been told.

If I remember correctly doing quests for them will keep them "alive". Currently the number of available quests is very dodgy. Sometimes there are enough quests available (although mostly the Landowner need Manual Laborers quest) but the other times there are no quests available for a very long time.

That notable mechanic is a bit... weird, if im honest... cause it kinda forces the player to do missions from time to time... And i don't really go to villages and do quests that often... so can someone explain what is the idea behind the notables dissapear mechanic?

Bannerman Man maid a great report about what he found the problem could be
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ettlements-from-spawning-new-notables.431386/

From my non-code, dum video game guy experience I would describe it as the notables, via power loss, even when doing all quests for them, just go away too fast and new one's don't spawn.

I´m curious too, why should this improve gameplay?
Well, just my 2 denars but you could get rid of notables who hate you this way, and get one to spawn with a freash relation with you... if they respawned correctly.

Also, if AI lords didn't get free spawned troops and had to depend on recruits exactly as the player does, letting notables all over the world go away could be a major advantage for the player faction. Of course the AI cheats so it's effect is no AI minimal in current game... I think... it something I'm interested in in current playthrough.

I've talked with the developers regarding the notable issues. They said that this issue has been refactored to be fixed but it turns out there were something else that blocked the notables on late game, as you said before. The fix for this issue will be included in with the next hotfix if everything goes according to plan.
Cheers!

I've talked with the developers regarding the notable issues. They said that this issue has been refactored to be fixed but it turns out there were something else that blocked the notables on late game, as you said before. The fix for this issue will be included in with the next hotfix if everything goes according to plan.
Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up. Nevertheless I have uploaded a save game pertaining to the low number of quests.

Cheers!
I was talking about this issue , both this one and the other one posted by Anada seem to be the big issues with notables found by bannerman man.

Also I haven't seen any CS activity on the Tannery issue he reported, have you guys at least passed it on to the appropriate dev?

It's in the tech forum "Balancing Issues" section which doesn't seem to get any attention, so I can understand why you didn't see it. What's up with that by the way? If you look at all other sections they get looked at and either have their tag changed to "in progress" or "need more info", but 90% of posts are still on "unsolved" in the BI section. Sucks when your reports get moved there but aren't balancing issues.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. Nevertheless I have uploaded a save game pertaining to the low number of quests.
I'm not sure I'd agree with that description. Surely at some stage of the game quests should become less prevalent. As a clan level 5 king with four cities to manage, I'm still having to do deliver the herd quests because open issues are suppressing the linked city prosperity.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that description. Surely at some stage of the game quests should become less prevalent. As a clan level 5 king with four cities to manage, I'm still having to do deliver the herd quests because open issues are suppressing the linked city prosperity.

IMHO this should change in the prosperity calculation. As far as I know Lords have a random change to clear a quest in a village. Which means that a steady supply of quests should be given. I would not remove quests or have them appear at a lower chance in the late game. I would rather up the chance for them to appear and give the Lords more incentive to "finish" quests.

If you report the bugs in the Technical Support section for Bannerlord, the chance of them being fixed will be considerably higher and they will be fixed much more faster. Thanks!

Aside from them still being blocked in late game:

The way the notable power degrades while they have an issue. It's too strong in its current form. It is impossible for the player to keep up with the issues fast enough for all the issue bearing notables not to eventually disappear. You can do quest after quest but your notables will still end up losing power too fast for you to keep up. So all the quest bearing notables are more or less doomed to eventually disappear. This has a negative effect on economy in the game and also on recruitment. It inspires the player not to do quests at all because the relation gain doesn't really count as that notable is doomed to disappear anyway. Of course, this doesn't happen until the player first labors quest after quest before finding their efforts were in vain. For me, it's game breaking in its current form. The power loss from having a quest in my opinion needs to be tweaked or removed. The notables disappearing is not as big of an issue if the quests are actually able to do more good than harm, and we can use the quests to help them - and have that work.

Aside from them still being blocked in late game:

The way the notable power degrades while they have an issue. It's too strong in its current form. It is impossible for the player to keep up with the issues fast enough for all the issue bearing notables not to eventually disappear. You can do quest after quest but your notables will still end up losing power too fast for you to keep up. So all the quest bearing notables are more or less doomed to eventually disappear. This has a negative effect on economy in the game and also on recruitment. It inspires the player not to do quests at all because the relation gain doesn't really count as that notable is doomed to disappear anyway. Of course, this doesn't happen until the player first labors quest after quest before finding their efforts were in vain. For me, it's game breaking in its current form. The power loss from having a quest in my opinion needs to be tweaked or removed. The notables disappearing is not as big of an issue if the quests are actually able to do more good than harm, and we can use the quests to help them - and have that work.
The quests might be ok once the updating who they support is fixed as supporting someone is a key bonus to their power. But we would need it to be fixed to truly see if quests are an issue or not. They definitely could be

So to reiterate, the main issues are as follows:
  1. Notables will only be assigned as a supporter when a new game is created, and not any time after. This is the biggest issue.
  2. Replacement notables are blocked from supporting a random clan when generated.
  3. The replacement notables for those who are "Lost" start with 0 relations with every clan, so even if they had a chance to become a supporter, they will likely disappear before they gain enough relations to get over the threshold for support.
  4. Npcs rarely lose relations with their starting supporting notables enough to allow the notable to switch who they support. So when a fief changes hands, the notable will begin losing power and will eventually disappear (this could be by design).
The outcome of all of this is that gradually, over time, most notables will not support any clans, and they will all lack the key Supporter power bonus, and thus keep getting recycled over and over.

I was talking about this issue , both this one and the other one posted by Anada seem to be the big issues with notables found by bannerman man.

Also I haven't seen any CS activity on the Tannery issue he reported, have you guys at least passed it on to the appropriate dev?

It's in the tech forum "Balancing Issues" section which doesn't seem to get any attention, so I can understand why you didn't see it. What's up with that by the way? If you look at all other sections they get looked at and either have their tag changed to "in progress" or "need more info", but 90% of posts are still on "unsolved" in the BI section. Sucks when your reports get moved there but aren't balancing issues.
Welcome to Bannerlord reality :smile:

Of course they value your feedback and work hard on it. They have a close eye on forum posts like yours.

In before Callum:

We´re working on that!

The quests might be ok once the updating who they support is fixed as supporting someone is a key bonus to their power. But we would need it to be fixed to truly see if quests are an issue or not. They definitely could be
I see. I didn't understand quite what that meant about them not supporting someone. If it effects their power, it could help balance the issue with the quests, but this isn't a negative right? So if without this they are still losing power faster than you can give them bonus from quest completion, then with this they would just gain power from the support but still the quests kind of wouldn't count for much, right? The other thing they can do is make tweaks and improvements to the power and relation gain from some of the quests so that they balance better with this new mechanic. If it is intended for issues to be less frequent later in the game, then they should count for more while they are around I think.

I just would hate for the quests to stay in a position where they aren't worth much, just because we aren't noticing (the power is balanced by something else). But at any rate, the relation gain at least would count for me if the notables weren't doomed to disappear as quickly.

Welcome to Bannerlord reality :smile:

Of course they value your feedback and work hard on it. They have a close eye on forum posts like yours.
To be fair most the posts in the BI section are really just suggestions and not bugs (even mine if its actually intended), but there are some in there that are legit bug reports that are seemingly being missed because they throw the trash in BI. Honestly just make a new section called suggestions in the technical support section and throw those reports in there instead of mixing them with legit ones.

Back
Top Bottom