Beta Patch Notes e1.5.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Beta Hotfix 17/09/20
  • Prevented storyline related heroes from being able to be killed in battles during storyline quests.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented locations of characters being updated in a settlement that the player was in after a declaration of war or peace.
  • Fixed an issue that made players able to open conversations with prisoners without entering the castle.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the player and conversation partner to spawn in the enemy lords hall during a siege.
  • Fixed a crash that happened when entering a hideout.
  • Fixed a rare issue that caused villages to start raiding themselves without an enemy encounter.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented player-led army parties from recruiting troops.
  • Fixed an issue that caused party icons to disappear after exiting a settlement.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when entering the smithy in any town.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the Trade screen opened.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred if the player kingdom makes peace during a battle simulation.
  • Players will no longer create caravans for the Lord Needs a Tutor quest NPC.
  • Fixed the issue of multiplayer player avatars looking older than their own setting.
  • Fixed a bug that threw the player out if the player was disguised in an enemy town and the player's clan declared war/peace with another faction.

Is this in 1.5.1 or 1.5.2? I see an update to 1.5.1 but not 1.5.2.

Beta Hotfix 17/09/20
  • Prevented storyline related heroes from being able to be killed in battles during storyline quests.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented locations of characters being updated in a settlement that the player was in after a declaration of war or peace.
  • Fixed an issue that made players able to open conversations with prisoners without entering the castle.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the player and conversation partner to spawn in the enemy lords hall during a siege.
  • Fixed a rare issue that caused villages to start raiding themselves without an enemy encounter.
  • Fixed an issue that caused party icons to disappear after exiting a settlement.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred if the player kingdom makes peace during a battle simulation.
  • Fixed the issue of multiplayer player avatars looking older than their own setting.
  • Fixed a bug that threw the player out if the player was disguised in an enemy town and the player's clan declared war/peace with another faction.
no notables leaving villages fixes yet, that combined with low quest rates makes recruiting horrible in late game

Beta Hotfix 17/09/20

Thanks for the update and working these fixes into the beta version, TW.

For players:

This appears to basically just be a combination of both of the hotfixes for 1.5.1. Without 1.5.2 specific fixes yet, it is likely we will have to wait a while still before this goes to main branch and we get a new beta version. I guess we'll just have to be patient guys.

Edit: There are a couple specific fixes in there though, looks like the issue with party icons was at least fixed.

no notables leaving villages fixes yet, that combined with low quest rates makes recruiting horrible in late game
Yes, that´s one of the biggest issues right now :sad: .

Damn, this bug sounds funny. Never experienced it :sad:

Overall, another disappointing hotfix, close to nothing but still better than literally nothing.

Definitely not seeing it - and SteamDB shows an update an hour ago for 1.5.1, but nothing for 1.5.2.
Now that I am looking at it... you're right. What is up with that? Looks like the fix is out for 1.5.1 main and 1.5.1 beta branch, but nothing on the 1.5.2 branch... Maybe they are still working on it? Can anyone else on beta 1.5.2 confirm they didn't get an update?

Edit: Whoop, there it is. They just made the change on steamdb.

player lead armies not recruiting was big and that annoying bug with icons not showing and having to save and reload was annoying but seriously Taleword, we need notables back ASAP and the frequency of quests spawning in villages(not towns) need another serious tweak again. These 2 issues are huge in player recruiting late game. Let move on it please before 1.6

also the AI movment and mechanics in a siege are so terrible(even after your rework) that you need overwhelming number to feel confident to win, if you want to see examples of terrible mechanics, armies not climbing ladders and they wont even try to knock down the front gates and just stand there I got a video on Youtube I can link with video showing it

Last edited:
Im down to wait for 1.6 until notables updating who they support is fixed.
Stuff like this needs to be adressed as soon as possible. It´s not a new bug for 1.5.2. It was introduced with 1.5.1 if I´m not wrong.

I really wish TW would focus on fixing the "important" bugs / issues.

And version numbers don´t mean a lot for this game. 1.5.2 is like the same as 1.5.1. At least I don´t see any major new content/feature if I compare both versions.

Maybe it would be even better to just have one game version. So they don´t need to hotfix two versions and can focus on one build?

I understand the idea to have more than one version but TW doesn´t seem to follow it. There isn´t really a lot of stuff you can test playing 1.5.2 compared to 1.5.1

It feels like they are just on the "polishing" route. Usually new beta versions get new features/content that´s need to be tested. But with all those issues both version have, it´s hard to test. What is the new big feature/content 1.5.2 has to offer compared to 1.5.1?

Last edited:
Stuff like this needs to be adressed as soon as possible. It´s not a new bug for 1.5.2. It was introduced with 1.5.1 if I´m not wrong.

And version numbers don´t mean a lot for this game. 1.5.2 is like the same as 1.5.1. At least I don´t see any major new content/feature if I compare both versions.

Maybe it would be even better to just have one game version. So they don´t need to hotfix two versions and can focus on one build?

I understand the idea to have more than one version but TW doesn´t seem to follow it. There isn´t really a lot of stuff you can test playing 1.5.2 compared to 1.5.1

It feels like they are just on the "polishing" route. Usually new beta versions gets new features/content that´s need to be tested. But with all those issues both version have, it´s hard to test.
You gotta think about it from the main version of the game (i know its hard because all we play is the beta version), but 1.5.0 (first pass at peace/war changes) to 1.5.1 (fixed new version of peace/war) was a needed jump for gameplay reasons even with the bugs that where still there that just got fixed. I guess they just decided to push the main version before they had much for beta, i would imagine this means we'll be in 1.5.2 until they make a decent amount of changes. Like you said there isn't much to push to the main version right now.

It feels like they are just on the "polishing" route. Usually new beta versions get new features/content that´s need to be tested. But with all those issues both version have, it´s hard to test. What is the new big feature/content 1.5.2 has to offer compared to 1.5.1?

I think you should think about the main branch to be the stable one, so it seems 1.5.1 became “stable” well before a 1.5.2 could have new stuff to be tested, hence the small differences, but there hve been beta versions that had material new stuff that wasnt on the main branch

Back
Top Bottom