Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

If the enemy doesn't have cav that i need to use my own to protect the flanks i usually leave them in reserve and command to charge as soon as the enemy routs, this change will be annoying to this playstyle to say the least..
+1

My companion is complaining because we are raiding villages... First time I see that.
Does it mean 1.5.10 introduced trait related behaviour for companions as well?
This one was from the version 1.0 , then it dissapeared somewhere on the way and returned while ago. At least 1.5.9 had this for sure.

I got rebelled (cuz I let the town go lol), then I joined a faction for a free horse and immediately left. Now the rebels are not at war with anyone (as joining faction broke the war). I think they will just join a faction after 30 days, but not 100% sure. Interested in which they will join since they at no war. Edit: They eventually joined the northern empire, go figure. Once I finish my business if they're still 'free' I'll be back to attempt to stabilize that **** hole town again. I think if I come pre-loaded with food and troops and with the orchards 1/2 finished from before, I should be able to get it balanced.

The arerai special horse is pretty good and a good replacement for Pureblood, which brother does not have anymore.

Last edited:
1.5.10 not available everywhere yet? Sweden.
jN0yJ2Q.png

We are aware and already working towards a fix for this one.

The fix for this is deployed with 1.5.10.
just wanted to give you an update in case U didn't know, I got 2 reports of the companions dying and they were playing sandbox, I streamed 11 hours and had no one die and was playing a campaign so it could possibly be only sandbox is a problem. just an fyi

Another major issue is minor clans getting eliminated when the head of the clan dies/dies of old age, I think the issue is that the head isn't replaced by someone in the clan, is this a bug or intended?

It really needs fixing. You'll eventually get to a point where all the minor clans are gone.

Last edited:
@Callum @mexxico
few things
1) Caravans. in 1.5.10 caravans start very well, they make 900-1000 denars or something along these numbers. At year 8 i noticed that my caravan is making 10 denars. At year 14 caravan does not make any profit. At all. yet they cost 22500 and can be killed by locals. Now my caravan master serves as an emissary, because there is no reason to run a caravan.
2) Garrison. let us set exact number for wages, this slider you implemented is just bad. I gave 100 Heavy Axeman and 50 Veteran Bowman to my town and this what i see right now.
vnEssTO.jpg
AI fired my top tier troops and replaced them with some cannon fodder. And AI did it, because i could not set exact number of wages, i set a little bit higher and this is the result.
Also. Message 1 troops deserted from the garrison every day is annoying.

Last edited:
I am finding caravans much worse than workshops since a lot of patches ago. For some reason in late game, there are tons of bandits everywhere (maybe it is related to player level?), and it is pretty common to lose caravans easily.

If the bandits spam is tied to player’s level, then this is the reason because caravans are so good in devs’ eyes when they run tests (because they just sit with a character in a town without leveling up), while caravans are really bad for most of player in our campaigns.

Another major issue is minor clans getting eliminated when the head of the clan dies, I think the issue is that the head isn't replaced by someone in the clan, is this a bug or intended?

It really needs fixing. You'll eventually get to a point where all the minor clans are gone.

Everything that is touching "real death" needs fixing right now.

Everything that is touching "real death" needs fixing right now.
Hence the 10% death probability in battle. I only hope that we will finish with those soon in order to move to something else; either bug fixes or extra content.

Some feedback and personal wishes for the next patches after I played the current patch a bit (besides the obvious optimization that needs to happen and the balancing of rebellions):

1. The roguery "no-defection" perk effect (so we can recruit bandits over the party size limit)... Please don't forget about this perk, I've been waiting for it for ages and I hope there wasn't a change of heart regarding it. It would be the only perk in roguery that is worth grinding for, it will provide a new and fresh playstyle, and it will finally take us out of the "party-size" meta, where I feel obligated to go steward and leadership on every character because it's the best way of winning battles. Some cunning/roguery character would be a nice change of pace finally, with a big blob of semi-worthless bandits, and that will be so fun once siege AI has been fixed as well. [I really want to experience those kind of sieges, where 300 defending militia will still be hard to defeat with 500-600 of those worthless bandit scum! Also, please make thugs on the streets recruitable, it will give us one more reason to walk in towns! Let them be bandit troops and let me recruit them wherever I find them for cheap!]

2. We also really need armor improvements. One problem in the current game is that you don't really need to upgrade troops much (maybe max 1-2 tiers to get a shield for them). Tier 1-2 units are all you really need, high tier units aren't worth the effort of so much clicking! (PLEASE give us a better way to upgrade units. The ability to set upgrade paths and click once instead of clicking 100 times will give me eternal happiness. Only then troop upgrades will be worth the effort).

^ so like I mentioned there currently isn't a big difference in effectiveness of low tier vs high tier units. What you currently need to win is bigger numbers, regardless of unit quality... upgrading troops is pretty much a waste of time when you can just outnumber an enemy party and F1 + F3 with a full party of low level infantry and win with minimal casualties (Start as shield wall charge, then line formation when they're fighting). In even battles: if enemies have half their army as infantry and half as archers + few cavalry, they won't be very effective in battle because that means I will have 100 infantry troops vs their 50 infantry troops and my blob of troops is definitely winning, while their archers don't do very much since I just charge in quickly. Their cavalry also just suicide into my units at the beginning of the battle instead of keeping distance and tactically flanking my units once my units engaged their infantry, so I pretty much win the battle very quickly with minimal losses (maybe 20 troops out of 100 with no archers in my party...).

^ so what we need is also some cavalry tactics improvements/fixes for the AI besides the better armor in general. Armor: it should provide a more effective defense for high tier units, to make the gap between low tier units and high tier units a little bigger so that if we're lazy and do what I just described (F1+F3 low tier -freshly recruited units) it would at least be more punishing, as I expect the AI to have at least some high quality troops that last longer in battle vs the low tier weapons. Better armor will also make it harder for the player to abuse archer units, as they won't absolutely decimate enemy troops (so right now it feels like whatever style you choose to play it seems to be pretty easy for the player to win on realistic difficulty. I tried limiting myself to only infantry troops to avoid the easy archer spam-heaven, but it still feels too easy).

3) Clans make peace with me without my permission some moments after I've attacked them, and I wish that wasn't a thing. Let me stay at war with them, or let them make a proposal of peace and not automatically take that decision for me.

4) Lastly, main character death. Heir system is 100% unneeded right now, and it's a shame. An option to enable main character death in battle would be great for immersive playthroughs, and it would provide tons of satisfaction for keeping your character alive and also some tense moments after you inevitably get a little bored, stop paying attention, and you get knocked out unexpectedly ("omg did I die?" - moments). Playing well and not dying will be a well-needed challenge to avoid boredom and a really cool survival aspect to manage.

~ Other things like siege fixes are of course essential but I know it will take more time to fix. Troops still kinda walk into a wall as a big blob when they really should be climbing up on that siege tower instead. 1.5.10 is overall a better patch than the previous with many tiny improvements, but I had to play with the current performance issues so I'm done for now. Will now wait for the next patch which hopefully introduces more perk effects (bandits?!) and other improvements as well.

Last edited:
Some feedback and personal wishes...<snip>
+1 to all of this, but +2 to Point Two! Right now there is not a meaningful enough difference outside of auto-calc (if it even takes levels + raw skill into much effect) with higher tier units.

I would also like the Cav AI + Formations to be given another pass. I wish Light and Heavy Cav acted much differently and I could trust to delegate command to them. I want my light cav to caracolle like the HA's *used to*, loose their javs into HA or infantry and then go back to screening my infantry against heavy cav.

I want my heavy cav to lead thick charges into enemy flanks or if advanced against HA or L/C they will disrupt their formation with head on charges or drawing swords.

Much like the shield wall got multiple Agent tweaks for distancing, etc. I think that charge meta-mechanics (why do I get stopped if someone hits my horsey with rock or a chair leg?) need improvement as well as general formation cohesion. The shield rework was a really good start to tweaking cav, but their formations and AI behavior profiles are much more important!

Some feedback and personal wishes for the next patches after I played the current patch a bit (besides the obvious optimization that needs to happen and the balancing of rebellions):

1. The roguery "no-defection" perk effect (so we can recruit bandits over the party size limit)... Please don't forget about this perk, I've been waiting for it for ages and I hope there wasn't a change of heart regarding it. It would be the only perk in roguery that is worth grinding for, it will provide a new and fresh playstyle, and it will finally take us out of the "party-size" meta, where I feel obligated to go steward and leadership on every character because it's the best way of winning battles. Some cunning/roguery character would be a nice change of pace finally, with a big blob of semi-worthless bandits, and that will be so fun once siege AI has been fixed as well. [I really want to experience those kind of sieges, where 300 defending militia will still be hard to defeat with 500-600 of those worthless bandit scum! Also, please make thugs on the streets recruitable, it will give us one more reason to walk in towns! Let them be bandit troops and let me recruit them wherever I find them for cheap!]

2. We also really need armor improvements. One problem in the current game is that you don't really need to upgrade troops much (maybe max 1-2 tiers to get a shield for them). Tier 1-2 units are all you really need, high tier units aren't worth the effort of so much clicking! (PLEASE give us a better way to upgrade units. The ability to set upgrade paths and click once instead of clicking 100 times will give me eternal happiness. Only then troop upgrades will be worth the effort).

^ so like I mentioned there currently isn't a big difference in effectiveness of low tier vs high tier units. What you currently need to win is bigger numbers, regardless of unit quality... upgrading troops is pretty much a waste of time when you can just outnumber an enemy party and F1 + F3 with a full party of low level infantry and win with minimal casualties (Start as shield wall charge, then line formation when they're fighting). In even battles: if enemies have half their army as infantry and half as archers + few cavalry, they won't be very effective in battle because that means I will have 100 infantry troops vs their 50 infantry troops and my blob of troops is definitely winning, while their archers don't do very much since I just charge in quickly. Their cavalry also just suicide into my units at the beginning of the battle instead of keeping distance and tactically flanking my units once my units engaged their infantry, so I pretty much win the battle very quickly with minimal losses (maybe 20 troops out of 100 with no archers in my party...).

^ so what we need is also some cavalry tactics improvements/fixes for the AI besides the better armor in general. Armor: it should provide a more effective defense for high tier units, to make the gap between low tier units and high tier units a little bigger so that if we're lazy and do what I just described (F1+F3 low tier -freshly recruited units) it would at least be more punishing, as I expect the AI to have at least some high quality troops that last longer in battle vs the low tier weapons. Better armor will also make it harder for the player to abuse archer units, as they won't absolutely decimate enemy troops (so right now it feels like whatever style you choose to play it seems to be pretty easy for the player to win on realistic difficulty. I tried limiting myself to only infantry troops to avoid the easy archer spam-heaven, but it still feels too easy).

3) Clans make peace with me without my permission some moments after I've attacked them, and I wish that wasn't a thing. Let me stay at war with them, or let them make a proposal of peace and not automatically take that decision for me.

4) Lastly, main character death. Heir system is 100% unneeded right now, and it's a shame. An option to enable main character death in battle would be great for immersive playthroughs, and it would provide tons of satisfaction for keeping your character alive and also some tense moments after you inevitably get a little bored, stop paying attention, and you get knocked out unexpectedly ("omg did I die?" - moments). Playing well and not dying will be a well-needed challenge to avoid boredom and a really cool survival aspect to manage.

~ Other things like siege fixes are of course essential but I know it will take more time to fix. Troops still kinda walk into a wall as a big blob when they really should be climbing up on that siege tower instead. 1.5.10 is overall a better patch than the previous with many tiny improvements, but I had to play with the current performance issues so I'm done for now. Will now wait for the next patch which hopefully introduces more perk effects (bandits?!) and other improvements as well.
+1

+1 to all

Back
Top Bottom