Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

It is ~1:20 PM Friday in Istanbul, Turkey. I'm beginning to think they're not going to put out a patch today, which would be a disappointment on two levels.
One, they posted yesterday that there was a patch incoming "soon." But if not on Friday, we'll have to wait until Monday (I think?) in which case "soon" means "wait all day, the next day, all weekend, and then maybe Monday we'll get around to it."
And two, dude, it's been 8 days since a patch and there are still bugs crashing the game, plus features from last patch not working.

If they post a patch today, it's all cool with me. Just hoping that on the final day of this week we see some results.

they have the after ramazan holiday. it starts on sunday and ends on tuesday.

if we don't get a patch today, next patch will be wednesday at best.

They just realeased a patch for 1.40 lol but honestly guys i'm waiting for a major update,one that implements many new functions in the game. Right now, i'm not having fun in middle and late game ( when you're a vassal or a King, your options are very limited and the way the wars are fought is just ridicolous , with AI enemies and allies parties, getting captured, and respawning all the time with hundreds of men in a few in-game days, with a ridicolous combat AI).
Dude I'm already getting post-acute patch withdrawal symptoms

My biggest complaint right now is how much of a pain it is to convert lords to your faction, and the ever-present problem of defection on top of it. The idea of changing lords to no longer be able to turncoat while leading an army does make sense, but here's the problem: They're almost always in an army, for some damn reason or another. There's no reason for lords to sit around and not be in an army and heading to a battle. Nothing makes them yeet out of an army to do other stuff, or, you know... sit down in their castle/town and just relax. As such, it's a pain in the ass to find lords in the first place, and this change makes it nearly impossible to convert them. Plus, it's not like lords throughout history haven't decided to betray a minor lord or whatever if they thought they'd get a better deal elsewhere.

Secondly... Siege AI seems to have taken a step back in 1.4.1, especially in sieges without any siege equipment. Why do most sieges end up with all my units combining into one or two formations? Why do my archers charge into melee, or climb ladders, instead of sitting back and providing ranged support? Why is it that my infantry, who specialize in the whole ground fighting thing, take a back seat to my cavalry and archers, who seem to be the only ones who ever use ladders, siege towers, etc?

Thirdly, while I like some of the vassal changes, I don't like the war changes. Why the constant wars that don't last any time at all? So many times now, I've had my faction declare a war, then sued for peace ~4 days later, only to again either declare war/have war declared on them by the previous faction in less than a week? Nothing can be accomplished like that. Peace always comes in the middle of a siege, and I really don't feel like sacrificing most of my troops every time to siege a castle, or a town, and just build a ram/towers, and hope to god I can do it before they get a full set of 4 catapults.

I don't like the war changes. Why the constant wars that don't last any time at all? So many times now, I've had my faction declare a war, then sued for peace ~4 days later, only to again either declare war/have war declared on them by the previous faction in less than a week?

They removed it too early before implementing system that is meant to replace it. Im talking about the peace/war cooldown the A.I had before 1.4.1.

Just would like to say.
We all no this war thing is not working right and we all no that TW is working on it. But i am seeing now after 11 in game years. that the game is running how it should in a way. Ok theres only 4 Factions left. all betwwen 15000 to 24000 troops each.. I wanted to see how the game flows with out me helping. I joined one faction got a city and then just looked after that. built it up attacked any enemy lord that got close but did not help the faction at all with taking other castles and things.And what i am seeing is one side takes one or two castle. then the other takes it back. its been going like that for 2 years now. how i think the game should be like. all 4 factions are at War with each other so any one can fight any one. and it seems to play more like WB ... So the game has slowed down .. This is the first time in all my saves i can see that if i wanted to i can see my kids grow up and take part in the game before the game is Won by one side. Ok its going to be hard for me to have my own Faction. but thats the point of the game.

Just wanted to put this up. I no lots more stuff is going to be added with new changes and i can not wait...Keep up the good work TW

It is ~1:20 PM Friday in Istanbul, Turkey. I'm beginning to think they're not going to put out a patch today, which would be a disappointment on two levels.
One, they posted yesterday that there was a patch incoming "soon." But if not on Friday, we'll have to wait until Monday (I think?) in which case "soon" means "wait all day, the next day, all weekend, and then maybe Monday we'll get around to it."
And two, dude, it's been 8 days since a patch and there are still bugs crashing the game, plus features from last patch not working.

If they post a patch today, it's all cool with me. Just hoping that on the final day of this week we see some results.
Don't worry yet. They almost always release at the end of their day, several hours from now.

Some days of this week are holidays in Turkey and so are monday+tuesday this coming week, doubt we will see a patch unless its very near completion.

Some days of this week are holidays in Turkey and so are monday+tuesday this coming week, doubt we will see a patch unless its very near completion.

Mount and Blade FB page was updated yesterday, saying that the new patch was coming out "soon,"

So either their definition of soon is either
today
or
next wednesday at the earliest

I'm hoping they are reasonable enough to not mislead everyone by calling 6+ days from the post "soon" when we're used to a weekly cycle

You can get an idea from Steamdb at least for the main branch.

If it's coming today, it'll be in about 2 hours.

My biggest complaint right now is how much of a pain it is to convert lords to your faction, and the ever-present problem of defection on top of it. The idea of changing lords to no longer be able to turncoat while leading an army does make sense, but here's the problem: They're almost always in an army, for some damn reason or another. There's no reason for lords to sit around and not be in an army and heading to a battle. Nothing makes them yeet out of an army to do other stuff, or, you know... sit down in their castle/town and just relax. As such, it's a pain in the ass to find lords in the first place, and this change makes it nearly impossible to convert them. Plus, it's not like lords throughout history haven't decided to betray a minor lord or whatever if they thought they'd get a better deal elsewhere.

Secondly... Siege AI seems to have taken a step back in 1.4.1, especially in sieges without any siege equipment. Why do most sieges end up with all my units combining into one or two formations? Why do my archers charge into melee, or climb ladders, instead of sitting back and providing ranged support? Why is it that my infantry, who specialize in the whole ground fighting thing, take a back seat to my cavalry and archers, who seem to be the only ones who ever use ladders, siege towers, etc?

Thirdly, while I like some of the vassal changes, I don't like the war changes. Why the constant wars that don't last any time at all? So many times now, I've had my faction declare a war, then sued for peace ~4 days later, only to again either declare war/have war declared on them by the previous faction in less than a week? Nothing can be accomplished like that. Peace always comes in the middle of a siege, and I really don't feel like sacrificing most of my troops every time to siege a castle, or a town, and just build a ram/towers, and hope to god I can do it before they get a full set of 4 catapults.
New systems tend to need a lot of tweaks to start running properly so good to see it balances in the long run

You can get an idea from Steamdb at least for the main branch.

If it's coming today, it'll be in about 2 hours.
Thanks for the info man

Back
Top Bottom