Users who are viewing this thread

So in my game I decided to marry Phaea. My character has been with her for 3+ years but I haven’t had a single child yet. I carry Phaea in my party most of the time, and yet nothing is happening. I’ve looked for solutions, but I haven’t got proper answers. It’s frustrating because I’ve sunk 126 hours into this save. I’d hate to not be able to continue my dynasty. I’ve tried contacting TaleWorlds but sadly to no avail.
I’m open to any possible solutions. I’d really appreciate it.

My current save is the first one I've gotten married in so I'm not expert. Half a year married and also no pregnancy yet in my case. I've noticed that I haven't regenerated any smithing stamina in that half year, which indicates I haven't stood still and rested for the whole time - I don't know if that's important for pregnancy.

Fertility rates were ridiculously high at EA release, but they've been toned down since then. 3 years seems a bit long, but might still be within the realms of normal.

Are you on the main branch or beta? I'm on beta 1.3.

I dont know if that might be the reason, but all the time I had my wife in my party, or her running around with her own party, I did not get any childs. I have 3 childs, but there I always rersted for a few days in the town where my wife was staying. Two Kids before I took her on adventures and one after when she was the governor of the first city I got.
I has worked pretty well that way, also in the other game where I had kids: I go to the city she stays in, talk to her...and then just wait in town until I get the message that she is pregnant. Both times I have done that before she was well over 30, maybe that helps too.

You have to be under 30 yourself.
Not true, i had a kid at 34. She was in a party of her own but in my army as we waited in a town after a siege. Might be waiting, also i think the age limit to not have kids is like 40-45 for females. Also OP there is a 5% chance for infertility.

Leave her alone in the city... maybe one of your notables will step up and do your duty for you.

You need to rest in a settlement with your wife in the party. At least that's the only time I've formed babby in the recent patches. Possible it also works if your wife is governor of a settlement and you rest there. But you and your wife have to be at the same place at the same time with time to kill. Which, you know, stands to reason

I dont know if that might be the reason, but all the time I had my wife in my party, or her running around with her own party, I did not get any childs. I have 3 childs, but there I always rersted for a few days in the town where my wife was staying. Two Kids before I took her on adventures and one after when she was the governor of the first city I got.
I has worked pretty well that way, also in the other game where I had kids: I go to the city she stays in, talk to her...and then just wait in town until I get the message that she is pregnant. Both times I have done that before she was well over 30, maybe that helps too.
Thanks for the advice; I’ve tried this method multiple times but it doesn’t seem to work. I would have my wife as governor and I’d rest there for 4 days atleast. Nothing happened

J
My current save is the first one I've gotten married in so I'm not expert. Half a year married and also no pregnancy yet in my case. I've noticed that I haven't regenerated any smithing stamina in that half year, which indicates I haven't stood still and rested for the whole time - I don't know if that's important for pregnancy.

Fertility rates were ridiculously high at EA release, but they've been toned down since then. 3 years seems a bit long, but might still be within the realms of normal.

Are you on the main branch or beta? I'm on beta 1.3.
The beta 1.3 yes. Does it make a difference?

Not true, i had a kid at 34. She was in a party of her own but in my army as we waited in a town after a siege. Might be waiting, also i think the age limit to not have kids is like 40-45 for females. Also OP there is a 5% chance for infertility.
How would you check for infertility?

So in my game I decided to marry Phaea. My character has been with her for 3+ years but I haven’t had a single child yet. I carry Phaea in my party most of the time, and yet nothing is happening. I’ve looked for solutions, but I haven’t got proper answers. It’s frustrating because I’ve sunk 126 hours into this save. I’d hate to not be able to continue my dynasty. I’ve tried contacting TaleWorlds but sadly to no avail.
I’m open to any possible solutions. I’d really appreciate it.
There is either a chance of infertility (dont know is it affects player or npc) or a minor bug. I have experienced this in playthroughs with module mismatch.
However in new games in beta 1.3 in every game with the same wives (Alyneth, Idrun) i always have kids. In the current one i had 3 kids with alyneth, she died, i married again with idrun and i have 2 more kids (lol XD).
Unfortunately they have broken entries in encyclopedia and are not functional.
As all the above users have mentioned keep the wife in your party or wait in a settlement with her.
If it is not working install developer console and type config.cheat mode 1 to enable it and then campaign.conceive_child (or something like that)

Back
Top Bottom