Bandit balancing and Lord armies balancing

Users who are viewing this thread

Sebber48

Recruit
A lot of people, especially on reddit, have reported issues regarding bandit parties constantly kidnapping lords. This is due to the issue that bandit parties scale with player levels, as well as lords starting with 0 in their army, when defeated. I have a few suggestions on how to adress this in the following:

I think this entire problem could be solved with a cap on looter/bandit party sizes, as well as letting the lord take up to 40 men from the garrison in the city which he spawns.

This would allow for weakening of the general army size of the faction, as well as depleting garrisons through combat. Furthermore they would no longer constantly be taken prisoner by looters/bandits, and would allow them to utilize the recruitment system (which i think is brilliant).

Also, i think it's okay that bandits scale with the player level, to a certain degree. But when straggling ragtag bandit parties start rivalling the armies of nations it gets a bit ridiculous, Hence why i think a bandit/looter party cap would be a good part of the solution, maybe again around 40 men per party as a max.

To add to this, for more realism, bandits probably shouldnt scale with player level, but with food/prosperity levels in the region which they spawn. It would make sense that starvation or poverty causes an increase in bandits, hence larger parties. On the opposite perspective, plentiful food and prosperity should lead to a decrease in bandits, as people get along fine without needing such drastic measures. This would also affect the factions taking a new castle/town from their enemies, as prosperity/food would be low, hence causing an increase in bandits/looters.

I get that they scale with the player level from a gameplay perspective, but this would make you avoid war torn regions at low level, and maybe seek them out at a higher level.

To add a little more, letting the factions send out patrols as you could in some mods in warband would also help alleviate the bandit problem. So far it seems the player is the only shield against the bandit scourge. (havent reached the late game yet, so not sure if this feature actually exists, but havent seen any patrols)

Back
Top Bottom