Some question and suggestion about castles to devs

Users who are viewing this thread

bfmsc

Recruit
I feel very sad that after 3 years of development there's still many gaps in the castles, for now all the game function of a castle is hold garrison, provide elite recruit and as a target of seige, they even have no introduction in the gamepedia, the devs gave every villages and towns their own introduction and lore, but castles don't, this is strange.

@Dejan did you have any future plan about castles? they have potential and shouldn't be ignored. at least they should have their introduction, right?

For the suggestions part, what pumped up in my mind is now the world map has been divided into many small regions which will use up different, unique battle map when you fight, I think this region system can surely be expand to have more strategic impact, I think I will suggest devs combine castles to them, like give castles some mechanism about that, for example, when your faction control a castle the enemy parties (except bandits) in the region adjust to the castle or close enough to the castle will be slow down or have other penalty like wounded troops recover slower etc.

I feel very sad that after 3 years of development there's still many gaps in the castles, for now all the game function of a castle is hold garrison, provide elite recruit and as a target of seige, they even have no introduction in the gamepedia, the devs gave every villages and towns their own introduction and lore, but castles don't, this is strange.

@Dejan did you have any future plan about castles? they have potential and shouldn't be ignored. at least they should have their introduction, right?

For the suggestions part, what pumped up in my mind is now the world map has been divided into many small regions which will use up different, unique battle map when you fight, I think this region system can surely be expand to have more strategic impact, I think I will suggest devs combine castles to them, like give castles some mechanism about that, for example, when your faction control a castle the enemy parties (except bandits) in the region adjust to the castle or close enough to the castle will be slow down or have other penalty like wounded troops recover slower etc.
It would be great if the devs would make castles have some special ability to them. Like maybe they could trigger small unit ambushes on enemy armies that would injure a few men in the army. And the larger the army or force in the castles territory, the most injuries the force could sustain. And ambushes could also trigger the disorganized state too. Though I would not allow ambushes to actually kill anyone. Only cause injuries that take longer to heal until they leave the castles territory. That would make castles feel a lot more like the defensive strongholds they were in reality.

Back
Top Bottom