? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Bump. Why isn't this sticky already dear community managers? ??
@Callum my man, this should already be stickied
In a section like this of the forums, pins are hard to get and I've created the thread merely two days ago.
I have to show that it's going to be updated enough to be worth getting pinned, the weight is not on Callum nor the Moderators, it's on me.
If you would like to see it stickied, help me keep it updated, post here about feedback (concerning content that appeared in the Alpha - Beta Branches of course) I might have missed in the forums!
Let's be patient, cheers mates

Thank you both!

I'm really impressed by your fervour towards this thread, thank you. You might be happy to know that I learnt that this thread will be evaluated by the mighty Council of Moderators : if I keep it updated enough and digestible, it will be considered for a ?Pin in this section of the forums.
Yes! So happy to hear potential pin. Again, fantastic job here.

Thank you both! Let me know if you think of a way to improve the Legend / Tables, a more catchy title for the thread or if I'm forgetting anything!

UI lightning is fixed with this:

OP, you are the hero TW needs right now. They need to sticky this and find some way to get you on staff as their community liaison. This is exactly the information I'm looking for to decide whether to start another run. I've decided to wait, now, before I get ten hours in and quite again out of frustration. Now next time I play I know I'll be happy because I'll be sure the things got fixed that I was waiting for.

Greetings from Ontario!

OP, you are the hero TW needs right now. They need to sticky this and find some way to get you on staff as their community liaison. This is exactly the information I'm looking for to decide whether to start another run. I've decided to wait, now, before I get ten hours in and quite again out of frustration. Now next time I play I know I'll be happy because I'll be sure the things got fixed that I was waiting for.

Greetings from Ontario!
Greetings fellow Canadian!

Those are very kind words, but there's no need to push for a sticky or anything of the sort, it will get one if it deserves one and that's on me. Since this thread will be updated for every Patch / Hotfix / etc. it will be bumped automatically when it is needed.

Cheers neighbour!

This is some really good work.

You have some serious skills at lining up hard-to-digest information, in a very structured way.
Hope they evaluate this proper, so it can get the PIN it deserves.
This is without doubt one of the best post on this forum section.

This is some really good work.

You have some serious skills at lining up hard-to-digest information, in a very structured way.
Hope they evaluate this proper, so it can get the PIN it deserves.
This is without doubt one of the best post on this forum section.
Thank you so much!

I really appreciate your comment, I'm a palaeontologist so I'm used to funnel amorphous pile of data about dead things into something somewhat digestible.
But, I'm fully aware that it's not perfect, a friend of mine had some serious criticism about the clarity of this thread. Also, English is not my primary language, hindering my ability to communicate as efficiently as I would in French. Therefore, I'm more than open to any criticism about the way this thread is structured, if you have any, in hope to make it as structured and clear as possible.

Cheers!

What I love on Nexus are those mod where you can gain relations fighting with the AI in battles and when you kill bandits with near villagers. Just for you to know that you can find that also on nexus.

Edit:

New (better?) mod to fix "UI lightning is too dark": https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/715
Updated the [mod] link, I like this mod because it says 'fix to revert to 1.0.9 lightning' (paraphrased), which is exactly the type of mods I want to be linking in the thread, thank you! The folks in this thread might quite like this mod, @Al_Mansur
What I love on Nexus are those mod where you can gain relations fighting with the AI in battles and when you kill bandits with near villagers. Just for you to know that you can find that also on nexus.
Thank you for these, I'm glad they can be seen by those reading the thread!

Updated the [mod] link, I like this mod because it says 'fix to revert to 1.0.9 lightning' (paraphrased), which is exactly the type of mods I want to be linking in the thread, thank you! The folks in this thread might quite like this mod, @Al_Mansur

Thank you for these, I'm glad they can be seen by those reading the thread!
Thanks for informing me. But the previous bright washed out lightings are those I hate the most. What I would like to see again is the closed beta lightning (before b0.9.0):
armory1.jpg
Perfect imo.

click est campaign options set it to challenging before complaining about ai not blocking because in the hardest difficulty even peasants become master swords men with the blocks

click est campaign options set it to challenging before complaining about ai not blocking because in the hardest difficulty even peasants become master swords men with the blocks
This is not true.
My game is set in challenging, see the five threads in the main post, they are all set in challenging and noticed it. I even had a conversation about this with a developer who fully acknowledged the problem and explained the source. There are threads in the forums commented by developers explaining what happened and why the AI can't block at the moment.
The reason is this : They switched Combat AI from being based on overall level of the troop to skill level of the weapon. This is great in theory, but is not well implemented at the moment. Also, the difference is extremely easy to observe if you try a tournament before the Beta 1.1.0 and compare it to one after Beta 1.1.0, you can use Steam Preferences to opt in or out of Beta.
This issue is known by the community and by the developers.

Last edited:
20/04/2020 Updated for 1.1.2 + 2nd Beta Hotfix
Added Shieldwall don't prevent friendly attacks & AI Blocks more often
Can someone confirm if these work so I can put them in the right colour category? Thank you!
Also, of course, let me know if the patch unintentionally broke something
It's confirmed that AI with shield blocking more better. I had hard time to beat Empire Legionary but i won in tournament.

Back
Top Bottom