About the new animations for female characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

I made a actual comparison video:

As you can see running and walking are both changed with and without weapons. The new ones have no energy behind them. These are not animations for warriors. They don't look like this person is going into a fight. They look like a caricature of a lady that picked up a sword to look cool.

ok, now that I see them, I agree those don't look very good. The only one I think the new one's better is the unarmored walk. The other animations look kind of weaksauce

I made a actual comparison video:

As you can see running and walking are both changed with and without weapons. The new ones have no energy behind them. These are not animations for warriors. They don't look like this person is going into a fight. They look like a caricature of a lady that picked up a sword to look cool.

Thank you!

My girlfriend thought that the new animations looked more feminine while the old ones she said they looked impaired.

Personally I would like the new ones to look more fierce. Not like they are strolling on the catwalk.

The new animations do look goofy, but I prefer them over sharing men's animations. Now to do something about idle companion women's animations lol. Something less goofy than legs apart with hands on hips would be an improvement.

My girlfriend thought that the new animations looked more feminine while the old ones she said they looked impaired.

Personally I would like the new ones to look more fierce. Not like they are strolling on the catwalk.
Of course they're impaired, they are wearing armour and layers and carrying weapons, etc - as are the men.

I think the hidden intent is to reduce intent is to reduce the number of guys-who-like-to-play-as-girls, so it's clearly not GWLTPAG+ inclusive...

I think the hidden intent is to reduce intent is to reduce the number of guys-who-like-to-play-as-girls, so it's clearly not GWLTPAG+ inclusive...
if i played as a female i would like the character to be female like. A feminine shape and walk. Nothing like the male counter part who i think needs to be more muscular the walk is ok. I generally play as male and if the character dies as i play with king slayer mod i would play as the characters spouse.

An ideal game would have it tied to your character stats/traits - so you can RP as an effeminate male character, or masculine female character, or effeminate female, and masculine male character; then the option to completely toggle that on/off for whatever you want to do.

Still prefer the new ones - first ones just look like dudes with a womans hair
Not sure it is possible to do a trans sexy stage walk in full armour IRL. But you now can in game.

Seems a lot like a teenage boy's or a single and lonely game developer's idea of how a woman should walk when being sexy. Which is a horrible caricature, seeing as most women actually walk, you know... like anyone else most of the time. That is unless they're in a sexist society being controlled by a patriarchy... maybe that's where this comes from because it is very 1950s by most standards.

It doesn't seem to me like there are any women at Taleworlds, because if there were, I find it hard to believe we'd have these animations.

Last edited:
The animation has become more feminine. That's cool.

No, it has become caricature feminine. Which is not cool. It's patronising.

I've supported the devs over the years to the point that I've been a running joke around here. I've always thought of the game as progressive in that it allows women characters in a medieval setting to both fight and lead. Which was uncommon in any medieval setting.

But these animations are the first real thing that has dented my confidence in the game. I suspect that those whom are OK with the animations are likely unfamiliar with how most women walk, because it is at once over sexualised, and exaggerated - which is more representative of a trans stage show. Which is fine, if the animations were applied to male characters when wearing dresses. But not to a female character wearing 15 or 20 kgs of armour.

Back
Top Bottom