new culture inheritance bug

Users who are viewing this thread

the first bug was there for a long while and had the mother decide both son and daughters culture, when father should have impacted sons culture

it looks like it was fixed because when my guy first had children on my current save, he had a daughter and two sons as a vlandian man with an imperial woman. daughter was imperial and sons were vlandian, so it was as expected, or rather wanted, cause the bug has been around for so long

when i loaded up the save again i had another daughter. but thats when i realized both daughters were now vlandian, even despite the firstborn was previously imperial. this is just as bugging as the previous bug. the daughters have imperial names, not vlandian. i can only suspect they will wear imperial cataphract armor and horse too and wield imperial weapons. but game now thinks they are vlandian culture. this sounds sort of insignificant but i know this probably wont affect just my clan, but all clans. at least now it wont mean that next gens are a melting pot of cultures, but still. i thought the whole idea of marrying from other cultures were to make it easier to govern their lands and easier to command their troops with appropriate fighting skills. the bug was even worse before because eventually your own factions original towns would rebel from the culture melt

Last edited:
The player characters's children will always inherit the player's culture, all other children will randomly inherit culture from either their father or their mother.

Names are set separately, girls will get a name from their mother's culture, and boys from their father's.

I don't think there are any bugs here. Are you certain your daughters ever had imperial culture?

The player characters's children will always inherit the player's culture, all other children will randomly inherit culture from either their father or their mother.

Names are set separately, girls will get a name from their mother's culture, and boys from their father's.

I don't think there are any bugs here. Are you certain your daughters ever had imperial culture?
i am a 100% sure. it was the whole reason i made that playthrough, to check if they fixed the inheritance. daughter is supposed to inherit mothers culture, and sons their fathers. i clapped my hands when it finally looked right because i put off playing the game until it was fixed, because of the consequences it creates down the line

it is not just their names but also how they dress and what skills they can develop, just like when you start a new character the choices you get depend on the culture you picked. the names, outfits and skills are right, but the wrong culture ruins their ancestry generation after generation

when it was the other way around, people would instead argue that its because mothers spend most time with children so she influences both. even if you are playing as the woman and dont hang around, or if you make your wife a party leader, or have her travel with you at all times. no sense. people can keep making up arguments for why these bugs make sense, but they are still bugs

Last edited:
If you really think there is a bug where children change culture sometime after being born, you should report it in the technical support section.

Back
Top Bottom