About the new animations for female characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

There is nothing in that video that shows how a woman would behave fighting for her life lmfao. This absolutely the worst argument I've seen, literally every single photo you posted is Def part of the showbiz side of MMA and has nothing to do with fighting at all.
See this was the added caveat - again the video of a female warrior walkin is not her "fighting for her life" -its her walking. And some female fighter walk around using sex appeal. Im not aware of how Bannerlord females animations look while fighting - if they are oversexualized -well then id agree thats a little over the top. But outside of fighting -its real and fair game

That was your claim -I provided it. Now you're adding caveats -thats on you. if your stating that women dont move "sexily" while actually fighting ie throwing kicks and punches -well then youd be correct. If your asking how some fighting women walk around -then my point stands. The video of the Bannerlord women above is of her walking around -not in combat.

PS: Sounds like you see all women playing out their femininity/sex appeal as MasterB material - I think thats pretty funny tbh
I love how you play all blind here pretending that she's not shaking her ass with some raunchy music playing brother this is no "I'm showing my femininity" it's literally just sexual. Again, nothing wrong with it, but it's of course part of the MMA show, bulky dudes staring badly at each other and girls shaking it, it's a show, that's the point of it. That's why you later see them shaking hands even though they say "I will kill you" etc etc. The idea here is selling a product.

"You wanted the video and now you're criticizing it" yeah because it proved nothing, it actually proved my point of a woman shaking it has nothing to do with the actual fighting, and the context of them shaking their asses is part of a showbiz, it has nothing to do with the supposed femininity.

Now in Bannerlord wtf does it has to do a woman walking like a GTA SA prostitute lmfao it's so out of place. Man idk what are you defending now because
See this was the added caveat - again the video of a female warrior walkin is not her "fighting for her life" -its her walking. And some female fighter walk around using sex appeal. Im not aware of how Bannerlord females animations look while fighting - if they are oversexualized -well then id agree thats a little over the top. But outside of fighting -its real and fair game
Her walking in medieval times in the middle of a soon to be a fight bro, the video in context shows them in a battle walking towards the enemy.
Even if it wasn't it still a ridiculous walk, again, on pair with GTA SA prostitutes walking animations which is both hilarious and ridiculous because SA is parodizes and this looks like that.
images

This **** just screams I've never seen a woman in my life before other than in media lmfao. Don't take my word, you can always quote the masturbators I talk about babbling about Xena or some ****. These animations are embarassing.

Not playing blind - again you made a claim Ronda never acts like that - asked for video - I accommodated you. Yet again I’ve already stated that I wouldn’t expect them to act that way mid combat. But let’s get back to my own personal experience- Cat liked being admired sexually and she’s not the only female fighter. She walked like that around her own business dresses like she wants to hook up despite being married at the time to a well renowned bjj coach. Mid combat sparring did she act that way - rarely but sometimes she would because she like being admired . Personally I find the original female movement too masculine and wouldn’t mind a happy medium

Frankly I don’t give a monkey’s banana whether you believe me or not - it’s my experience. People strut their **** - I’m sure when medieval tourneys were in town - knights strut around with chests out and head high with plenty of swagger. Kind of like the first Bandit chief in BL tutorial at first bandit camp - he comes strutting up hard to challenge the player. Haven’t seen strutting that hard since the pimp daddy’s of the 70’s and 80’s. It looks kinda silly - but dang cuz your seriously over reactin

But you do you - keep fightin the hood fight

Last edited:
I'd rather they first focus on fixing/improving fluidity of the actual meaningful combat animations or tighten up the armor layers with the bodies or even better facial animations before bothering about whatever stance or 'strut' a female (or male) in some historical context.
Those are way more out of place - couldn't care less if a female strides somewhat differently - you barely engage with them in combat anyways, in castles they are static, the rare times when following you in town/villages, and those that play 3rd person.

I love how you play all blind here pretending that she's not shaking her ass with some raunchy music playing brother this is no "I'm showing my femininity" it's literally just sexual. Again, nothing wrong with it, but it's of course part of the MMA show, bulky dudes staring badly at each other and girls shaking it, it's a show, that's the point of it. That's why you later see them shaking hands even though they say "I will kill you" etc etc. The idea here is selling a product.

"You wanted the video and now you're criticizing it" yeah because it proved nothing, it actually proved my point of a woman shaking it has nothing to do with the actual fighting, and the context of them shaking their asses is part of a showbiz, it has nothing to do with the supposed femininity.

Now in Bannerlord wtf does it has to do a woman walking like a GTA SA prostitute lmfao it's so out of place. Man idk what are you defending now because

Her walking in medieval times in the middle of a soon to be a fight bro, the video in context shows them in a battle walking towards the enemy.
Even if it wasn't it still a ridiculous walk, again, on pair with GTA SA prostitutes walking animations which is both hilarious and ridiculous because SA is parodizes and this looks like that.
images

This **** just screams I've never seen a woman in my life before other than in media lmfao. Don't take my word, you can always quote the masturbators I talk about babbling about Xena or some ****. These animations are embarassing.
To be clear, is your complaint that the animation is of poor quality or that the action depicted by the animation doesn’t realistically fit into the context it which it appears?

If the first, lots of animations in the game have moderate quality. Why do you single this one out?

If the second, this is a fantasy game. It’s set in a fantasy world where women have the same base and cap for melee combat stats as men. We don’t really know what that means about the world or how that is accomplished because it’s a fantasy. Maybe women are better at melee combat if they make sure to do a distracting dance beforehand. That’s at least as plausible as any other explanation.

To be clear, is your complaint that the animation is of poor quality or that the action depicted by the animation doesn’t realistically fit into the context it which it appears?

If the first, lots of animations in the game have moderate quality. Why do you single this one out?

If the second, this is a fantasy game. It’s set in a fantasy world where women have the same base and cap for melee combat stats as men. We don’t really know what that means about the world or how that is accomplished because it’s a fantasy. Maybe women are better at melee combat if they make sure to do a distracting dance beforehand. That’s at least as plausible as any other explanation.
I wonder if they use the same excuse for bikini armours bouncing tits characters

I wonder if they use the same excuse for bikini armours bouncing tits characters
This isn't that though. You keep using these wild exaggerations to make this sound like a big deal when it isn't. This is a hip barely noticeably swinging in an animation you hardly ever see because you're usually on a horse, or pointing your camera forwards, or running rather than walking. As in "I didn't even notice this animation until OP pointed it out, and I had to watch it twice to notice what they were talking about."

I think mountains are being made out of molehills here. What has most likely happened is TW has motion captured a real human woman walking in a way that many women do, and the only reason it looks  slightly weird is that all Bannerlord animations look weird, because clothes deform with the wearer, which is a technical consideration for performance.

It doesn't affect gameplay, it doesn't really negatively affect anything unless you specifically go out of your way to notice it.

That's a much bigger change to the fantasy, but sure. The point is that this isn't a discussion about realism. This is a discussion about what type of fantasy world you want the game to be set in. And that's a fair discussion to have, but we should be honest that what you want isn't realism. You want a game that fits your particular fantasies.

Back
Top Bottom