A Friendly Mod Tip

Users who are viewing this thread

greatmass

Recruit
For cataloguing and helping

First of all, 2 important sites to know if you want to play with mods. These 2 sites offer different categories of mods, so it's easy to differentiate them.

1. Nexus Mods
- tweaks, mechanics, groundworks
- improves the native game playability, very, VERY important during this early access stage, saved my gameplay at least
- many mods are constantly updated, so it's helpful to come back and check for new features and compatibility with latest patches

2. Mod DB
- overhauls, total conversions
- absolute mad lads creating pretty much new games
- M&B: Lord of the Ring, Napoleon, Warhammer, Warcraft, Samurai, Witcher, Berserk, you name it, they've got it

Also check out reddit for giggles and really cool banners that people share with the community. Pretty much all of the banners on reddit come with banner code, you can control-c the code, go into the game, press B on your keyboard to bring up the banner interface, control-v, and you will have the same flag.
Alternatively you can create your own banner here, courtesy of gooboon on Nexus Mods, kudos

Greatest respect to the M&B modding community

How to install mods?
In the Bannerlord root game folder there should be a "Modules" folder (for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules). Generally speaking, throwing all the mods folder(after you have downloaded and unziped them) into the Modules folder works, as a rule of thumb don't touch anything else, if you are not sure what they do. Then launch your game, check the boxes in the "Mod" section of the game's launcher, all set.
Most mods include detailed instructions on download page, follow them and you should have little problem.

Recommended Mods
So far Nexus Mods is where you would probably spend most of the time on, since it takes time for the ModDB guys to create overhauls and conversions. You can still go there for exciting news and updates.

Below are some of the mods I currently use. All of them work as of 1.2, some are 1.3 friendly and some are being worked on.

Utility Mods:

ModLib
A prerequisite for a number of other mods, allows you to manage mods in the main menu ("Mod Options"). Requires restarting the game after changing anything.

Developer Console
One download away from acquiring the power of a god/developer for your keyboard. It's not cheating if it's early access and no achievement, rrright? No it's cheating. See this for more details.

Fixed Launcher
Prerequisite for certain mods, allows you to override mod load order in the game launcher, otherwise the game would crash. So far I only need this for Detailed Character Creation, more below.

Tweaks and Patches:

Bannerlord Tweaks
Comprehensive configurable in-game options for personally balanced gameplay, many cool options like configurable smithing stamina and xp gains, requires ModLib.

Community Patch
Fixed a lot of native issues the devs haven't, like perks that don't work (mounted archer I'm looking at you, and you quiver). I would say this mod is absolutely necessary for any player with reasonable expections from the game.

Fun and Stuff:

Detailed Character Creation (DCC)
Not much else to say about this, besides that you can also CUSTOMIZE HOW NPC LOOKS AS WELL, which is freaking cool, but be aware that many NPCs look quite differently underneath their garments. requires Fixed Launcher, put the 2 DCC mods at the top of the load order.

PhotoMod
Everyone should get this mod. Wonder how they make Gladiator style screenshots? This is how. Press F10 then F11 to profit. You can also play the game like Total War with this mod, just make sure your own character is safely tucked in.

Fire Lord
The mod that makes you the Lord of Light. Flaming arrow, flaming weapons, and buring damage. Press C to flare up your weapon. Fully configurable, requires ModLib.

Xorberax's Cut Through Everyone
The Nexus modder Xorberax has put out a number of great mods since the game came out, but this one I just have to talk about. Actually I don't, it's all in the title. Borderline game breaking, and coupled with Fire Lord, you will want for nothing.

There are loads of other awesome mods, like V's unlimited series, Fighting Togerther = Relationship, Dismemberment, etc etc. There are too many great mods, and too many more to come

Last edited:
Those are great mods! Moreover I have ton of other very usefull mods, so I will share them too with your approval :wink:

Levelling System changers:

Attribute Per Level
Allows you to gain an attribute point per level.

Reworked Skills
My favorite. Removes hard caps on skill levels, giving you opportunity to be Jack of all trades. Focus points are kinda useless tbh, but I dont like that system anyway)

Quality of Life improvements:

Autotrader
Adds additional buttons in settlements, which allows you to buy everything that is cheap and sell everything that is expensive. Profitable. Simple.

Character Export Import
Do you remember these buttons from Warband? They are back! Export, edit the text file with stats and import back!

Culture Changer
Forces your settlements to spawn troops of other factions.

Fast Dialogue
Tired of pointless chit-chatting before each fight? This mod give you opportunity to attack immediately upon meeting.

Fluid Combat Overhaul
Enhances combat control. Now you can change attack/block direction without releasing the button.

Settlement Icons
Great mod that mark settlements on global map. You can see if there is tournament in the town, if the village spawn nobles troops and if there is a quest in any settlement.

Tournaments XPanded
Absolutely cheating mod, but I love it) Allows you to choose rewards for upcoming tournament. Allows you to edit almost every aspect of the tournament like how much you can bet, how much renown you gain. Also adds very interesting mechanics, like adding renown for being first to kill, suffering least damage, dealing more damage than others or even getting bonus renown based on the opponets power and nobility.

Economics:

Clan Tier Based Caravan Party Size
30 soldiers are not enough to protect the caravan? Adds +15 soldiers per every level of you clan.

Entrepreneur
Purchase land in villages and get daily profit. You can sell your land later for a higher price.

Companion Related:

Companion Respec
Resets companions focus and attribute points on hire, so you can redistribute them. Adds various commands to respec at any time.

Custom Wanderers
Additional heroes for hire, 15 of them. Also author has a website, where you can create your own companions.

Manage Remote Companions
Allows you to distribute level points and manage equipment of companions, which are not in your party.

Unlimited Companions
Removes the limit of companion templates that could spawn in the game(which is 25). So giving you divercity of choice.

Fixes and Balancing:

Fix HOLDİNG
Sometimes heroes fall into a black hole after you sent them to do a quest) This mods teleports them back to random city.

Frugal Cavalry
Forces the game to use cheapiest horse/war horse, when you upgrade some unit into cavalry.

Item Fixer
Changes prices of all top-tier equipment to reasonable values, improving balance and economy.

Realistic Battle
This mod focused on increase of effectiveness of the armor and top-tier troops. Armored t6 elite can slaughter peasants like sheeps now. ranged weapons rebalanced too.

Recrutable
Simple mod, which allows you to recruit T5-T6 captives. In vanilla you cannot do that.

Unit Fixes
There are alot of confused unit stats in the game like onehandlers with one Handed skill set to 20, but 140 in Two Handed. Crossbowmen that are better in archery and so on. This mod redistribute stats for all units and tries to balance troops between each other.

Tbh I cannot imagine playing wihout these mods anymore, as QoL level increase with them drastically. Thank you to all modders over there. You are our saviours!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom