10 postulates of Hairless aka how to make ur game better

Users who are viewing this thread

1. Nerf cav to the point of it being dnabraW of level op, not current broken ****.(remove WW/SS, nerf couch/reduce lance dmg). Nerfing horse hp is not needed. Make it like warband that if you stab cavalry with a spear, you also deal damage to rider, not just horse.
2. Make all movement speeds of troops the same, with only infanntry being slightly faster to the point when chasing kiting <say what now?> is acceptable.
3. One hands should start deal proper dmg to cav.
4. Give back chambers, proper holds, make kicks easier to punish. Complexity is what will save the inf, not throwings adjustments.
5. Remove throwing spears, only keep weak javs (not light javs tho).
6. Make armour mean something.
7. Possibly remove stances, they look cool and **** but add RNG and negate skill.
8. 2 hands from archers needs to be gone forever.
9. Make weapon proficiencies work, so inf swings faster.
10. Increase infantries hp.

@AVRC @NIN3
Nice list, covers most of the stuff we are already working on for the upcoming patch.
  1. WW/SS performance will be relative to how heavily armored and how fast the horse is moving.
  2. All *other* inf is getting slightly faster, both in max speed and acceleration, to match the standard set by skirmishers and Light inf.
  3. We are making some changes to the armor formula.
  4. We are making some adjustments to increase consistency of attacks. Missed kicks will have longer recovery.
  5. Throwing spears will replace default javelins in non-captain modes
  6. We are making some changes to the armor formula.
  7. Not in scope of this patch.
  8. They were heavily nerfed last patch.
  9. Not exactly this but some interesting changes will be coming.
  10. No
edit: Clarified 2

Last edited:
  1. Throwing spears will replace default javelins in non-captain modes
This. I don't think it will fix the throwing meta. All skirmishers due to having throwing spear should go up to 130, so triple spawn won't be possible, and also will make heavy inf spawn more reliable.

If 130 is to much, at least brigands should definitely go up in prize. Only faction that should keep triple-skirmisher spawn should be Aserai.

Nice list, covers most of the stuff we are already working on for the upcoming patch.
  1. WW/SS performance will be relative to how heavily armored and how fast the horse is moving.
  2. All inf is getting slightly faster, both in max speed and acceleration
  4. We are making some adjustments to increase consistency of attacks. Missed kicks will have longer recovery.
  10. No
This. I don't think it will fix the throwing meta. All skirmishers due to having throwing spear should go up to 130, so triple spawn won't be possible, and also will make heavy inf spawn more reliable.

If 130 is to much, at least brigands should definitely go up in prize. Only faction that should keep triple-skirmisher spawn should be Aserai.

I agree with hairless,throwing spears is a big problem.Throwing spears will still dominate battlefield with these changes.Overall changes looks great.Infantries getting faster which is nice,armor perks can be more useful,missed kick punishment is also great.WW/SS can be relative to speed/armor,it's realistic but it must be useful as gameplay side.Though i don't think nerfing WW/SS is needed.

While I mentioned 2h as an obvious issue the main reason to add a small turncap is to improve shield fights so I think it should apply equally to 1handers. I also think different turncaps on different weapons would feel too odd and offputting if you went from one to another. Turncaps can be really frustrating and feel bad, so it should be as light a touch as possible.
Perhaps on top of weapon weight adding the weight of the shield to limit the turncap - thus making shield fights turncap still a thing without limiting 1h ones ?
1h bleyblade is too fun , and not rly op xD

Perhaps on top of weapon weight adding the weight of the shield to limit the turncap - thus making shield fights turncap still a thing without limiting 1h ones ?
1h bleyblade is too fun , and not rly op xD
I just don't see the need to make it anything other than a general one size fits all approach, having it be different depending on equipment just will feel weird (your shield breaks and suddenly your attack speed is different? Shieldless archers have melee advantage?). It's not about OP but improving the combat.

Last edited:
Well anything without a shield would have a slight advantage that they can move into their attacks for more speed.
But their trash move speed makes them way weaker anyway.
Dunno why it's weird to you that weight would limit how much extra turning you can do with your body when attacking.
To me it makes more sense that way

It looks like *lets make warband mechanics great again* xd I like that.

Last edited:
  2. All inf is getting slightly faster, both in max speed and acceleration
  10. No
2. ALL inf shouldn't be faster, skirmishers and peasants have good speed already. A problem is heavy inf - light inf balance and heavy should get buffs in comparition with light to make it viable pick.
4. Longer recovery is good but still that doesnt' make kicks punishable. An ability to change block direction (and ability to block with shields while kicking at all) makes them unpunishable. Currently kicks are no risk - high reward move and there's no reason not to use them everytime. With longer cd you will use them less frequently but still they remain no risk high reward move.
5. Another unnecessary buff to light inf that makes heavy not a viable option. The thing is, with pilas\throwing spears you need only one throw to win a fight when with javelins you only deal 30 damage with a throw. Cav can play when there's a guy with jareeds around but it has nothing to do with pilas. Pilas are both cancer to play with since all you do is running away and waiting the cav (I might be wrong about that since im not playing infantry), and to play against since cav has nothing to do with it, cav can't outplay it with micro skill, and it is also frustrating to get oneshotted when you play inf or archer.
8. Yes the only good 2h for archers now is khuzait's glaive and you have a choice between it and a good bow, and I usually prefer bow since recurve bow, which you get when you choose glaive is one of the worst bows in game and before a patch that added heavy bow perk for khuzait, it was the worst faction for archers. For battania i'm usually trying to pick up 1h with a shield since this new 2h sword is just bad, you usually deal 15 damage only and it is slow af now. Empire's pole is ALWAYS glancing when you try to spam with it and without spamming it is quite useless in melee. IMO archers don't need further nerfs rn. Some will disagree, but imo archers should be able to deal with cav 1v1, since if they won't, cav will literally have no counters besides pilas. Skirmish maps are designed in a way that archers (almost) have no safe spots agaist cav and it would be stupid if cav would be able to decide to kill archer and actually kill him with no risk. 2h are helping somehow agaist cav, especially glaive and that pole. Also archers should be able to protect themselves against infantry, I mean if infantry can't deal with archer right now it's his fault that he can't outplay a guy with no shield who only has 80% of you movement speed. Infantry technically has all advantages in melee against archers rn and it shouldn't get more (besides heavy inf huge buffs but I don't count heavy as infantry now at all since noone plays it)

The plan is to make skirmishers much weaker in melee combat instead of increasing the price to reflect their current effectiveness.

Also edit for clarification

All *other* inf is getting slightly faster, both in max speed and acceleration, to match the standard set by skirmishers and Light inf.

Also edit for clarification

All *other* inf is getting slightly faster, both in max speed and acceleration, to match the standard set by skirmishers and Light inf.
Possibility to make ash throwing spears/pila replace shields? Seems like a proper balance I wouldn’t take a throwing spear unless I got a shield swap or enemy team had bad or no archer
4. Longer recovery is good but still that doesnt' make kicks punishable. An ability to change block direction (and ability to block with shields while kicking at all) makes them unpunishable. Currently kicks are no risk - high reward move and there's no reason not to use them everytime. With longer cd you will use them less frequently but still they remain no risk high reward move.
Keep movement unpredictable I was kicked all the time till I started this now it’s automatic/also u can see slightly see a kick coming cuz they stop moving before a kick is thrown (not 100% about this but I don’t think u can down block when kicking so stabs still can hit if u time it right)

2 hands from archers needs to be gone forever.
With 2h it hits 20-35 damage. Mostly. And archer unit dies in one shot by cavarly what do you want from archers. Just delete the archer unit then? or give them a pocketknife?
They are so weak right now and you cannot run from the infantries bcs movement speed nerfed. Leave them alone.
@Golodir

1. All *other* inf is getting slightly faster, both in max speed and acceleration, to match the standard set by skirmishers and Light inf.
Don't do it, its already fast. When we want something why do you exaggerate everything. I cannot run from the infantries as an acher. They catch you.
@AVRC

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom