Search results for query: *

• Users: The Pope
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Any way to change first person FOV?

I searched for a while and only found threads suggesting configurable fov, some of them implying that it had already been done. Didn't see any definite answer, so does anyone know if there's a way to do it?
  2. Scrap the party size limit, increase the upkeep cost of troops.

There should be some balance at a strategic level between cost, army size, army speed and troop quality. At the moment, a force of knights is better in every single way than a force of infantry. It's cheaper because you don't get chased down by a party of 500 and end up replacing your entire...
  3. This game doesn't have enough SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Nords are vikings, and can thus yell OOOOOOOOOOOOODIN while they charge. Khergits are mongols, and can yell KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. Swadians are knights, and can yell DEUS VULT. Vaegirs are Russian, so they can yell MOTHERLAND. I haven't a clue what rhodoks are, so they don't get to yell anything...
  4. The Rhodok thread.

Right now, most of the factions have an established look. Nords are vikings, Swadians are knights, Khergits are steppe nomads and Vaegirs are eastern european. The Rhodoks don't. How about technologically updated classical? For example, steel Corinthian (SPARTAAAAAAAAA) helmets, lorica...
  5. A few changes to melee animations + new attacks.

-Swinging weapons should be able to attack diagonally. Mice are precise enough to have eight attack directions. -Both over and underarm thrusts should be available. -Polearms need new swing animations. -The current two hander animations are good for swords. -Two handed axes and hammers could...
  6. 15,000 monkeys on typewriters!

The screen describing the various towns, characters and the like is kind of bare in this version. I'd ask for a bit of fluff text, but Armagan has more important things to do. I wouldn't mind writing a few one paragraph descriptions of these things, and I'd say there are a fair few others who...
  7. Infallible suggestion: New party and bandit types.

The new war system is great, but it doesn't have much variety of parties. The various factions seem to only come in massive hordes of knights and sometimes caravans, leaving a new character with a choice between running away or using cheap tricks to solo. Bandits also have far less variety than...
  8. High res maille texture

I've rendered a 2048x2048 texture for maille. Here it is if anyone wants it: http://members.iinet.net.au/~theclearys/maille2048.dds It's pretty easy to shrink it for performance reasons, but I've done it at 2048 as it give more flexibility. It's easy to resize down.
  9. Starcraft 2

:D
  10. Modders Resource Pack

There are quite a lot of models and textures which have been released for use in other mods. If the idea is popular, I'll maintain a pack of all this stuff so that modders can quickly and easily find stuff to use in their mod. It will also be handy for players, as they'll only have to download...
  11. Hand model variants for different hand positions.

It would be nice if the game had a set of different hand model poses for various weapon types. The current pose would be used for just about all melee weapons and the left hand when using a bow. The extra ones I can think of are a trigger grip for pistols and crossbows, a forward gun grip one...
  12. Dystopia v1 [HL2 mod]

It's a team based cyberpunk FPS. There's a list of mirrors at www.dystopia-game.com. Now for a big list of things that make this cooler than any other FPS I can think of: Cyberspace. There are loads of jack in points which transport you into a secondary tron style map where you fight other...
  13. Violence Kicks Ass (Suggestions for making combat more fun)

--+SHORT VERSION FOR THOSE WITH SHORT ATTENTION SPANS+-- Hitting people is fun. This suggestion will make it more fun. --+FULL VERSION+-- Mount & Blade needs a new damage system. The current on has a fair few problems - it doesn't give enough flexibility for balancing weapons and armor, it...
  14. Collectors Edition?

Is there any chance of a special collectors edition coming out with 1.0? I know I'd buy it. Especially if it had a manual/artbook with work of the quality shown in the concept art page and a Borcha miniature to shoot my Warhammer army in the back.
  15. Zombies + Coop = Awesome.

Left 4 Dead has zombies and coop, thus it is awesome. Here are scans with more info: http://members.iinet.net.au/~theclearys/page1.jpg http://members.iinet.net.au/~theclearys/page2.jpg http://members.iinet.net.au/~theclearys/page3.jpg http://members.iinet.net.au/~theclearys/page4.jpg...
  16. ~~~++||UBER GOLD ITEMS||++~~~

I've seen quite a few good suggestions regarding the games damage system. I'll try to put together the ones I remember in this thread. WOUNDS: Hits would have a chance of having temporary (longest being until the end of the round) effects depending on the damage type and where they hit. Here's...
  17. Combat graphical effects

Here's a few ideas to make the combat more visceral and put those new shaders to good use: -Add some aim wobble (rather than just expanding crosshairs) and blur the edges of the players vision when holding a high power bow drawn. The power draw skill would reduce the effect of this rather than...
  18. Hand to Hand improvement

The hand to hand block should prevent you from getting stunned by weapon hits but only provide minor damage reduction. That way you could actually use it rather than just getting stunlocked.
  19. Combat changes for increased depth and variety

(Skip to the end if you want a summary of what this suggestion would do for gameplay and don't like lots of reading) One thing that could improve the infantry combat is some more variation of attacks. As it is now, there is only thrust and a few functionally identical chops. Adding some...
Back
Top Bottom