Search results for query: *

1. Ravenfly

[Feedback] Some suggestions for the future

excellent post and ideas berserkra
  2. Ravenfly

[MP]Why the Combat is Bad, and How to fix it

h1zchan said:
    I was thinking, maybe in addition to slowing down running speed, they should introduce stamina to multiplayer, so that you can't run around in circles dodging attacks indefinitely. That'll encourage players to group around the banner and form lines and shield walls and such

And maybe buff the overhead thrusts of spears a little bit and give it more range to encourage players to form shield walls where the front rank using sword and shield is supported by second rank using spears.

+1 to mp stamina
  3. Ravenfly

Viking Conquest Update 1.0 hotfix

ericbomb said:
    Does the AI at least charge in beta?

not the outlaw parties, but those lords, i challenged, do.

MadArkael said:
    Ravenfly said:
    any patchnotes on the latest fix (about 45 mb), or what has changed with it ?

Has there been 2 now? *sigh*

there have been three. latest has about 45 mb, dk what it changed... but raiders and renegades still stay at their spawns, even if they challenged u in the first place. I am fine if they stay there if u challenged them, but when they catch u up, they should be the ones charging.
    This one should be fixed asap.
  4. Ravenfly

any patchnotes on the latest fix (about 45 mb), or what has changed with it ?
  5. Ravenfly

Stylus said:
    Ldsantana said:
    Since the patch the enemy AI is always on defensive mode they NEVER charge

I can confirm this with all normal land battles. Only once did they charge and that time they had nothing but archers.

cant confirm it with all. If i confront norwegian vikingarnir (or so they re called) or renegades (generally outlaw parties below 20 men) they usually stay at their spawn with their men and wait for me to come. My party has about 30 men, light archers and sailors, they would kill me easily if they charged.
    After that i tried out to attack a 150 men strong party from nordhymbre, and they came at me with all their men.
    Edit: i stand with 4 companions awaiting 20 vikingrs to attack me, but nothing happens, they stay at their spawns.
  6. Ravenfly

armor and weapons

http://mahan.wonkwang.ac.kr/link/med/war/weapon/weapon/weapons.htm

here is a good reference for mail coifs and helmets with mail, which display a variety of headprotection that be nice to have ingame. Mail coifs especially, because helmets have been too expensive for many if i m not mistaken.
  7. Ravenfly

armor and weapons

u are right on the swords, i just looked them up. Someone put them under the name -viking weapons- into his gallery... and i took them for an example of it... a bit half hearted and simple minded. But i d really wouldnt mind seing more variety in this game.
  8. Ravenfly

armor and weapons

Ravenfly said:
    For me thats just logical, needs no big research, these 2 types of 2h axes should have been added.

I'm afraid you've just underlined why correct research is important - you can't rely on a 'google' search or others to get it right when they put up images from museum trips. When it comes to weapons of the period in Britain Logan Thompson's book, Ancient Weapons in Britain (2004), is an interesting read which looks in depth at the various finds found in Britain prior to the Roman invasion, during the Migration Period, the Viking Invasion and up to the Norman Conquest, ending with a marvellous look at the Battle of Hastings. It's worth picking up and reading as it has excellent plates and is a mine of information about finds we currently have.

well after your post, i start to doubt quite quickly the 2h dane axe was there at the time period we talk about, fair enough, but other types of 2h axes were surely used to cut wood and trees at the time (at least this one sounds logical to me) and if some of the peasants made their minds up to try their luck going on a Raid this seems like it could be a first weapon of choice, when u have no shield and no 1h weapon. Or what would a villager defend himself with, if his got nothing else but his cutting axe next to him? In a battle with regular troops that wouldnt be a good idea ofc, like redleg mentioned, because u are exposed. But against an unprepared villager or monk its terrifying enough. 
  9. Ravenfly

armor and weapons

fysaga said:
    Ravenfly said:
    its quite simple really...

https://www.google.at/search?q=viking+weapons&biw=1280&bih=917&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=RUKMVM-cMoPxUouAgdAF&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=Xt9ZdqVicTfS_M%253A%3BGwfrLxI5Kf_K7M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fdownloads.bbc.co.uk%252Frmhttp%252Fschools%252Fprimaryhistory%252Fimages%252Fvikings%252Fviking_raiders%252Fvk_weapons.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.bbc.co.uk%252Fschools%252Fprimaryhistory%252Fvikings%252Fviking_raiders%252F%3B664%3B465

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o_-ZFaQDfwc/TILOkh8_hyI/AAAAAAAAAH0/fx2mvlsjISY/s1600/Museum+006.JPG

just two examples of what has been there at the time. Also some metal pieces that belonged to dane 2h axes, that havent been implemented in the DLC :sad: (not yet at least). Also a simple woodcutter used a 2h axe to cut his trees, that would have been just as useful in a battle, why not use it. But more by outlaws or irregular light troops or raiders or idk who, and not in a regular army. 
    For me thats just logical, needs no big research, these 2 types of 2h axes should have been added.

WTF

The swords are hallstatt period if I am not mistaken.

Also "Lel gogle image saerch gifs me accurazte pics YOLO"

1337163288-13126000.jpg

:roll:

if u took a look at the 2 examples i posted, u would see that these are not just some rdm pics, but archaelogical finds i deliberately chose. That reminded me of the swords and axes alrdy in the DLC, alongside others that are not in the DLC. Now that they being tgth in a picture doesnt mean they all were used tgth at the exact same time period is smth. that can be true, thats smth then that needs research and experts, but its the best place to start with archeology, because its smth real. Paintings, stories can be fake.
  10. Ravenfly

armor and weapons

its quite simple really...

https://www.google.at/search?q=viking+weapons&biw=1280&bih=917&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=RUKMVM-cMoPxUouAgdAF&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=Xt9ZdqVicTfS_M%253A%3BGwfrLxI5Kf_K7M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fdownloads.bbc.co.uk%252Frmhttp%252Fschools%252Fprimaryhistory%252Fimages%252Fvikings%252Fviking_raiders%252Fvk_weapons.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.bbc.co.uk%252Fschools%252Fprimaryhistory%252Fvikings%252Fviking_raiders%252F%3B664%3B465

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o_-ZFaQDfwc/TILOkh8_hyI/AAAAAAAAAH0/fx2mvlsjISY/s1600/Museum+006.JPG

just two examples of what has been there at the time. Also some metal pieces that belonged to dane 2h axes, that havent been implemented in the DLC :sad: (not yet at least). Also a simple woodcutter used a 2h axe to cut his trees, that would have been just as useful in a battle, why not use it. But more by outlaws or irregular light troops or raiders or idk who, and not in a regular army. 

11. Ravenfly

GuardianOfBlind said:
    Ravenfly said:
    yea, not bad english, but having run up to their spawn is the most annoying thing about it for me, thats why i added it to what u said. If i get behind them, they turn around to me, while showing their back to my archers ... i cant play battle til this is fixed, because it kind of has little point in it.

Try going into Camp menu in game, then in Game Options, then Formations Options, and tick "Prevent AI from taking defensive".
    See if that helps.

just checked, wasn t ticked on ... :/
  12. Ravenfly

nacholoko16 said:
    Ravenfly said:
    nacholoko16 said:
    Last hotfix feedback based on the gameplay:
    - When you travel via boat (port) city to city on open sea the character travels on a horse instead a boat.
    - Map movement is fine no lag on open world even on battle, but on city stuffs like enter market go to the hall and those things is very laggy.
    - On battles the enemys make a line a hold for you, they throw things but they only move  a little bit if you get close then they atack you and come back to their places. Like Hold position order.
    - No more RGL problems and rocks plants all working fine.

enemies hold their position at spawn, must move all the way up to them
    Yes... that was my bad english was trying to explain i guess we are talking the same thing diferent ways.

yea, not bad english, but having run up to their spawn is the most annoying thing about it for me, thats why i added it to what u said. If i get behind them, they turn around to me, while showing their back to my archers ... i cant play battle til this is fixed, because it kind of has little point in it.
  13. Ravenfly

nacholoko16 said:
    Last hotfix feedback based on the gameplay:
    - When you travel via boat (port) city to city on open sea the character travels on a horse instead a boat.
    - Map movement is fine no lag on open world even on battle, but on city stuffs like enter market go to the hall and those things is very laggy.
    - On battles the enemys make a line a hold for you, they throw things but they only move  a little bit if you get close then they atack you and come back to their places. Like Hold position order.
    - No more RGL problems and rocks plants all working fine.

enemies hold their position at spawn, must move all the way up to them
  14. Ravenfly

Bug List

okay this one is just ****ed up...

- i was trying to use a ferry station, and in the middle of crossing it, my transportferry got stuck in the water (no ship icon, it was a horse walking on the water... and it got stuck for some reason) , the time of day kept changing but everything else was just stuck, i couldnt access my inventory or my army or my quest reports, nothing... it just wouldnt react to my mouse. So i alt+f4 the game, so i wouldnt save&exit while being in a bug. Then i restarted and now for some (id bloody know why) reason, my view is stuck the same as before, now with the difference i am viewing some lord with a 250 man army, who was near to the ferry station i last tried to use ( some west saexon lord). I am stuck as if u are while seatravelling by paid transport (u cant watch anything else of the map, ur view just follows ur transporter), only watching this lord move around ... i can access my character info, but the rest doesnt react to my mouse (neither inventory, nor army nor anything). It is as if  i am his prisoner and i have to follow him around watching what he is doing all the time and zoomed in as well for some arsed reason. Nothing helps. If this continues, 200 ingame days of playing have been for nothing...
  15. Ravenfly

Alak's Bugfinding Conquest. (Devs read here for my bug reports.)

Alakeram said:
    Already another bug, not registering that im on water... >_> I have a magic horse that can walk on water! JESUS!!!

8coVMv2.png

It was from dorstad to dunwic

Also when i got to Dunwic i got a bunch of rock RGL errors. too many to SS them all, but u get the jist (already been reported)
    No CTD though.

pWr8miy.jpg

there it got nice and compacted for ya :smile:

EDIT: Also got RGL error in eidynburh but didn't say of what, blank RGL errors....

same with me for the horsepart. This is pagans black magic, God save us all
  16. Ravenfly

Bugs with the latest Hotfix

-After i tried to get a ship transporter from bebbanburh to tunsberg and paid 700 for it, it didnt transport me there. Instead i spawned outside of bebbanburh (as if after u leave the city), game was paused, and i saw the transporter on the water, while i was outside of the city... pretty...
  17. Ravenfly

Wulfburk said:
    OMG YES please fix the trees!

Im one of the few that are actually loving the dlc right now, but please. As soon as the tree bug was reported you guys should have gone to fix it.

this belongs to a suggestion thread or similar, not a discussion for hotfix of bugs since they were meant to be like that, even though most ppl (incl. me) think it looks awful.

170 mb of patches one day after release is incredible. Thank you guys.
  18. Ravenfly

LaggyWolf said:
    Received this while entering Edinburgh.

Code:
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock07_spec.dds" 
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock07_normal.dds" 
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock07.dds" 
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock04_spec.dds" 
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock04_normal.dds" 
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock04.dds" 
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock06_spec.dds" 
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock06_normal.dds" 
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock06.dds" 
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock02_spec.dds" 
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock02_normal.dds" 
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock02.dds" 
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock05_spec.dds" 
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock05_normal.dds" 
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/vc_plants_rock05.dds"

Also, what's with the purchase story/admin feature request posts? Let's focus on fixing what's broke first.

+1

also when i entered edinburgh. Entering Caer Caradawg (keep near edinburgh) gives me no such messages, bebbanburgh neither.
  19. Ravenfly

BlazingPhoenix said:
    Axes are completely invisible in singleplayer, and when you go into one of the towns you get flooded with countless textures errors.  :???: This is barely scratching the surface of what im finding.

aye

Couldnt find: 'textures/vc_plants_rock07_spec.dds'
    is the first message i get.
    after pressing ok it goes on with:

'textures/vc_plants_rock07_normal.dds
    'textures/vc_plants_rock07.dds

the same with rock 06 05 04 03 02
  20. Ravenfly

More possible features?

Good u brough that topic up:

For me the ctds and other annoyances coming up in sp and mp are not as bad as the features i thought would come, but didnt (since the original mod brytenwalda had them or vikingr too), like for example:

-shieldbash
    -fire arrows, burning buildings and ships, sinkable ships

some others i forgot about right now
Back
Top Bottom