Viking Conquest Update 1.0 hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird bug that occurs when you choose to wait and camp with your party. When you select "wait here for some time" it automatically constructs a refuge costing you 1000 pennings whether you have the funds or not. I am completely deterred from camping or providing any rest for my party. It's really killing the experience for me. This may only occur if you have realism checked off but I'm not sure. Please fix  :eek:

Hello friends, I seem to be having a problem with the story and some areas within the story. I hope this is a fixable issue because I'm nearing the end (I think it's the end) of the SP and I died inside one of the story areas and now it will not let me back inside. Sven was the one who killed me, and when I reloaded I couldn't get back in, which makes me a tad bit salty because I really hate the bastard . If you have an idea, please pitch it to me. I really want to see what the story has in stock because it really did grab me.

ericbomb said:
Does the AI at least charge in beta?

not the outlaw parties, but those lords, i challenged, do.

MadArkael said:
Ravenfly said:
any patchnotes on the latest fix (about 45 mb), or what has changed with it ?

Has there been 2 now? *sigh*

there have been three. latest has about 45 mb, dk what it changed... but raiders and renegades still stay at their spawns, even if they challenged u in the first place. I am fine if they stay there if u challenged them, but when they catch u up, they should be the ones charging.
This one should be fixed asap.

Ravenfly said:
ericbomb said:

MadArkael said:
Ravenfly said:

there have been three. latest has about 45 mb, dk what it changed... but raiders and renegades still stay at their spawns, even if they challenged u in the first place. I am fine if they stay there if u challenged them, but when they catch u up, they should be the ones charging.

There is one hotfix 1.0. There were several (3 or 4) beta patchs that were released for testing until the final hotfix was available. Thats the confusing part.

Right now the game has the hotfix. So no need to use the beta (its the same on both).

Can someone clarify something to me?

Are the majority of most game breaking bugs like enemies not attacking/doing anything and the majority of most texture glitches gone? I never really had issues with crashing so im not too concerned, I just want to know if those things are fixed.

I know music has been fixed, somewhat as well- though it tends to play travel music at times over the actual battle stuff last I played (which was roughly 3 days ago.)

Thank you in advance.

Ravenfly said:
ericbomb said:

MadArkael said:
Ravenfly said:

This is pretty much the norm for Brytenwalda combat. If they feel overly threatened they will find high ground and stay there. Although this is somewhat annoying now as you can tell some are staying there regardless. I fought a 200+ lord army with one guy still sat at original spawn. (Only big fight so far.. Too easy..)

Comrade Crimson said:
Can someone clarify something to me?

Are the majority of most game breaking bugs like enemies not attacking/doing anything and the majority of most texture glitches gone? I never really had issues with crashing so im not too concerned, I just want to know if those things are fixed.

I know music has been fixed, somewhat as well- though it tends to play travel music at times over the actual battle stuff last I played (which was roughly 3 days ago.)

Thank you in advance.

Textures and crashing seem to have been fixed.
Enemy AI has not been fixed at all.
Never had issues with textures.. I guess I didn't get that far in initially.

>Edit<
I've not tried story mode.. didn't want to spoilt t.

Yeah I only just started story mode and im not progressing any further till the bugs are fixed. I really, REALLY don't want to ruin my experience with this because if the bugs are fixed this looks like it'll be a great game; its just these game breaking bugs need to go first.

Besides, why someone in the team doesn't remove the crossbow's skill entirely from the game? It makes no sense. Crossbows in 8-9 century North Europe aren't realistic. Even if some very powerful and rich person from Viking age could had an unique access to a Chinese crossbow for example, it could easily use the bow skill if there are any crossbows in-game to begin with.

Another weird bug:
After talking to Bodo in my refuge the game looped back to the opening scenes with Viking attack on our ship. You have to fight a sailor on a sinking ship. Once you win, the battle begins as the viking ship closes in.  After being knocked down with a javelin I woke up in the healers hut and got stuck there, because the dialog was actually an agresive one with the healer telling me he is gonna kill me and me not able to do anything regardless my answer

wildyracing said:
Besides, why someone in the team doesn't remove the crossbow's skill entirely from the game? It makes no sense. Crossbows in 8-9 century North Europe aren't realistic. Even if some very powerful and rich person from Viking age could had an unique access to a Chinese crossbow for example, it could easily use the bow skill if there are any crossbows in-game to begin with.

The Picts have their own form of crossbow in the game.

OK, I mean only that for the sole usage of one or two weapons don't advocate the existence of a whole skill. They can clearly remove the 'crossbow' skill and make those VERY rare weapons use the 'bow' skill instead - it sounds more logical to me.

Comrade Crimson said:
If its in there and not causing problems, why remove it? Crossbows work differently then bows. There is a good variety of Pictish crossbows.

Bows use PD for damage. Crossbows do not. Bows are fast. Crossbows are not.

You can make a powerful archer with dedicated skills or a ok crossbow-man (sp?) and focus on melee skills instead. Same way as native.

The idea is the same as in Brytenwalda. You will find unique types of ranged weapons in different cultures. Crossbows, Bows, Javelins, Rocks, Slings, ....

reiksmarshal said:
Agree, the game is not worth playing beyond checking out the DLC's features atm. Not to mention your troops barely respond to your orders, I wish forming a shieldwall was easier too.

f4 + f5?

There is also the option to start battle in formation...

I have a pretty big army and I have to issue the order 5-6 times to get most of my army to form up even though I am hitting 0 to select everybody. Sure I can start in a formation, but if the Ai isn't moving I have to move my troops. Some troops for whatever reason just seem unresponsive.

BunnyPoopCereal said:
reiksmarshal said:
Agree, the game is not worth playing beyond checking out the DLC's features atm. Not to mention your troops barely respond to your orders, I wish forming a shieldwall was easier too.

f4 + f5?

There is also the option to start battle in formation...

F4 + F5 takes some coordination.  I'll have to put down my bag of Cheetos in order to control the mouse and hit keys at the same time.

reiksmarshal said:
I have a pretty big army and I have to issue the order 5-6 times to get most of my army to form up even though I am hitting 0 to select everybody. Sure I can start in a formation, but if the Ai isn't moving I have to move my troops. Some troops for whatever reason just seem unresponsive.

Those unresponsive troops are the aged veterans who are nearing retirement.  Each time you enter a battle they say "oh no, that this #### again."

Is this update auto updated ?

I can't play the dlc and was wondering if you have to manually download this or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom