[Feedback] Some suggestions for the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Some observations and suggestions. I'll add more down the line. This is currently based on 300+ days of campaigning.

- The Danes and Norwegians (propably Friese too) never leave their property. Not much of a Viking Conquest in a game called Viking Conquest at the moment.
I could see that you guys maybe intended the player becoming a marschal and lead them on the raids across the sea, but unnecessary reputation loss mechanics for pagans (like the monestaries for example) make this hard to realize or nearly impossible in a longer running campaign. This is a really big issue imho.

- Coastal villages should be attackable from sea too, not just cities.
You're showing in the Story Campaign that it's possible.

- I strongly suggest to remove the reputation loss from raiding monasteries completely for pagans and not just reduce it.
Instead, let all christian lords (not factions) start with negative relations towards your pagan character so you have to work a little harder than a christian to gain their trust. You could always convert to christianity too if you prefer siding with them.

- The recruitment option of raiding viking parties (Danish Elite Vikingr for example) should be based on being pagan instead of negative reputation.
Make the chance of success and price tag being based on your renown instead perhaps or just purely random. This would make much more sense in many instances. If you're not intending to do something about it, at least rename them. Make clear that those warbands are outlaws/renegades/rogue vikings. I'd personally pefer the first option though.

- The option to buy acres of land should be added someday.
If it was originally a mod, perhaps let yourself be "inspired" by it and realize your own vision of such a mechanic.

- Please! Please find someone on your team who reworks the stats and prices/value on items.
There is so much that doesn't make any sense at the moment... I can't even comprehend some of the stuff I've seen. It's cringe worthy.

- Your enemies should be able to attack your Refuge
I'm not sure if that's already the case. Taking a wild guess based on my Brytenwalda mod expierence that it is not.

- Add a Freelancer-esque mechanic
Being able to fight in a Lord's army and rise in the ranks would add alot to the table. Don't copy the mod, do your own thing with own additions and quirks.

- Add hunting/fishing/whaling
Yes, also inspired by your mod. Being able to hunt game, fish or even go whaling would be cool.

- More weather variety
Didn't see it snowing yet. But I had thunderstorms without any rain (bug?).

This is an excellent collection of suggestions for the future and if the devs manage to implement the majority of these it'll enhance the DLC by a very very significant margin.

I'd like to see the ability to build your refuge into existing grey locations once their quest line is finished. For example, the old roman fort or strange ruins. Where possible obviously.

+ PLEASE change the trees on the campain map. it makes no sense that there only those ugly leaf trees, specially in the north.. you need fir trees... there are way way better trees in brytenwalda also miss those dead trees.  :smile:

Idibil said:
Thank you, suggestions are welcome. PLease, if everybody keep a same system for their suggestions and an alone threat, we will read fastly and will add our task list when all this fix.

Great you hear.
You guys are showing to be wonderful developers despite the difficulties of launch and i am excited to see the improvements for the DLC.

I think people can attack your refuge, but only if they're near it, and they won't go near it on their own (they'll never go for it on purpose, only if they by chance happens upon it) but i'm not sure, I haven't had it happen myself, but I remember a thread with someone complaining about his refuge getting attacked.

SmattlePattle said:
Idibil said:
Thank you, suggestions are welcome. PLease, if everybody keep a same system for their suggestions and an alone threat, we will read fastly and will add our task list when all this fix.

Great you hear.
You guys are showing to be wonderful developers despite the difficulties of launch and i am excited to see the improvements for the DLC.

We are preparing a list of possible improvements.

krisvk said:
I think people can attack your refuge, but only if they're near it, and they won't go near it on their own (they'll never go for it on purpose, only if they by chance happens upon it) but i'm not sure, I haven't had it happen myself, but I remember a thread with someone complaining about his refuge getting attacked.

I have noticed that bandits have failed to chase me into camp so I don't know about that. Seems like the creation of the location tricks the AI. Haven't spent a lot of time with the refuge due to bugs but I think player made locations function similarly to towns/castles which makes the player "safe."

Great suggestions Berzerkra! (Especially point 1 and 3 about pagan reputation)

Maybe this should be a sticky thread and the first post should be updated with suggestions that comes often ?

Idibil said:

@Idibil we either need a stick thread for suggestion or a child board. And heavy moderation for a few days. You know people only read a few posts and they will post stuff everywhere  :smile:

Same as you guys have being doing with lock->move threads about LORE and BUGS.

Yeyo said:
SmattlePattle said:
Idibil said:

Great you hear.

We are preparing a list of possible improvements.

Really looking forward to it. Will add some more things down the line. Still got to figure out how your visions handles all the staples of M&B Warband's mechanics. Meaning Kingdoms, vassalage etc.

Idibil said:

You're most welcome :smile:

kalarhan said:
Idibil said:

@Idibil we either need a stick thread for suggestion or a child board. And heavy moderation for a few days. You know people only read a few posts and they will post stuff everywhere  :smile:

Same as you guys have being doing with lock->move threads about LORE and BUGS.

Yes. We need to organizate this as soon as patch is out and players happy!

Firstly, I totally agree that the relation loss with pagan cultures should be ELIMINATED entirely for raiding monasteries.  If anything there should be a slight increase or something with certain pagan lords.  Here are my additional comments.

I'm not sure how hard this would be to code/implement but:  Make reputation loss for raiding monasteries based on CHANCE.  I made this suggestion in the Brytenwalda forum years ago.

Why?  Consider it's 865AD and you're a viking from Scandinavia, come to the British Isles to raid for treasure.  You land on the coast of Ireland and sack a monastery.  You kill all the monks and sail away with the plunder.  How the hell would anyone know YOU did it?  Unless you were a famous viking and left a calling card, it would be very unlikely that someone would "recognize" you in Ireland if you're from Norway; especially in an age before media and photographs.

Make raiding monasteries a calculated risk with great rewards.  You may conduct a raid and get away with riches without penalty.  Or you could raid and come away with a HUGE penalty in Christian relations.  Maybe make the chance of being recognized like 65% to 35%

I even have a suggestion for the event dialogue.

Scenario 1:  You and your men have just raided a House of God.  You put fire to thatch and leave no one alive.  The waterline of your boat sinks with the weight of treasure and captives; no one is left to tell the tale.  You make for the sea in jubilation (incur no relation loss with Christian cultures and gain positive relations with Pagan cultures).

Scenario 2:  While raiding a House of God, your men strip everything of value from the sheepish monks.  All are put to the sword, so you think.  Your men salute your leadership loudly, chanting your name they declare you the bravest during the raid.  However, a monk hidden in a secret room overhears your men boasting and remembers your name.  As you depart, he leaves his hiding spot and spreads the word that "insert player name here" was the mastermind behind the devastation (you lose xxx relation with all Christian factions).

How does that sound???

why should reputation loss be removed for raiding monasteries. By raiding a monastery it is the same as raiding a village as you are murdering helpless monks. Obviously this is going to have a negative effect on your realtions with other people, especially christians

Back
Top Bottom