More possible features?

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like to ask, why arent some features from Brytenwalda in the DLC?

Things like the bounty hunter quests in the mead hall, flipping a coin with the host, those things were quite inmersive and fun,

I know that you can get the quest from lords but its not the same, and you have to go through all those missions like training peasants into warriors or capturing enemy units, and if you refuse them you may loose relation.

So thats it,I  would be glad to know if those things are going to eventually be in the DLC.

One of the things I miss the most is the Freelancer option which came with those RP options, I was expecting a lot more of something like that, like being able to win land from your lord or a manor or something.

Tovias said:
One of the things I miss the most is the Freelancer option which came with those RP options, I was expecting a lot more of something like that, like being able to win land from your lord or a manor or something.

Yeah thats something that I missed aswell, might be other things but those are the ones that I can think of right now.

Tovias said:

imagine a freelancer where you can command portions of the lords army (Archer Sergeant - Swordsmen leader w.e) with random events such as you described and chances to prove yourself as a member of the warrior caste

Would be more fun to start as a commoner too since it feels odd to jump from commoner/merchant - to lord so easily. Maybe allowing more of the game to be played as a single warrior would be cool

Good u brough that topic up:

For me the ctds and other annoyances coming up in sp and mp are not as bad as the features i thought would come, but didnt (since the original mod brytenwalda had them or vikingr too), like for example:

-shieldbash
-fire arrows, burning buildings and ships, sinkable ships

some others i forgot about right now

Shield bash.
Crouch key.
Shout/Cheer key (C in NW, with no bonus or nothing, keep the battlecry -B- with those bonus, and put C as just a cheer)
Freelancer.
More faces.

Freelancer.
I'd also love to see it tweaked a bit, so you won't end up with free set of high tier armor every time the commanding Jarl is defeated, but even adding basic functionality is just as fine for me.

Also, could it be possible to add another choice when starting a new game to choose between the new level system and the old one?

I honestly prefer to start out as a scrub, then go up the path to become a God of Death, like you do in Brytenwalda and most mods, rather than starting halfway there. with tons of points I dont even  know what to spend them into

hopefully they'll add Crouching in a future patch, When WFaS was released it's first version did not have crouching and they patched it in at a later date so it should be possible and not very hard to implement. Though I'd guess they're busy concentrating on bug fixes and appeasing the cry-babies asking for refunds at the moment.

IMO the most important feature that this mod needs right now is floris' fast travel interruption thing.

denkar said:
Also, could it be possible to add another choice when starting a new game to choose between the new level system and the old one?

I honestly prefer to start out as a scrub, then go up the path to become a God of Death, like you do in Brytenwalda and most mods, rather than starting halfway there. with tons of points I dont even  know what to spend them into

This. Oh old gods, so much this.
The new level system is absurd. There is no possible progression, you are a master of all the combat arts since the very beggining of the game. Not only combat arts, but with all these hability points you can also be a great tracker, a great commander, a great medic... a great everything.

Nonsense.

That we don't have a shieldbash is rather mindboggling. That we don't have variations of a shieldbash (stun, push/knockback, damage blow) less so, but desired. I mean, the shield is as much of a weapon as your wielded tool, and this is surely an age were that is demonstrated rather heavily.

mike56 said:
denkar said:

The new level system is absurd. There is no possible progression, you are a master of all the combat arts since the very beggining of the game. Not only combat arts, but with all these hability points you can also be a great tracker, a great commander, a great medic... a great everything.

Nonsense.

Quite easy to change your character. Character screen, statistics, export -> open on a text editor -> change whatever, import, done

You can have 50 STR or 5 STR. Your choice.

kalarhan said:
mike56 said:
denkar said:

Nonsense.

Quite easy to change your character. Character screen, statistics, export -> open on a text editor -> change whatever, import, done

Thats not what I meant , nor want though. What I want is to start from the scratch, without having to edit my character.

Also, most troops have hight level too, meaning that you have a hard time leveling them, and trainer skill doesnt do much, even when you start with 5 points on it.

denkar said:
Thats not what I meant , nor want though. What I want is to start from the scratch, without having to edit my character.

Also, most troops have hight level too, meaning that you have a hard time leveling them, and trainer skill doesnt do much, even when you start with 5 points on it.
Even at 8 points you can't train for a damn

denkar said:
kalarhan said:
mike56 said:
denkar said:

Nonsense.

Actually that is exactly what you want. To have another way to increase your skills and atributes by level.

You can wait for them to maybe add it as a game feature. Or you can simulate it right now.

Have you ever played a table RPG? The one you play with paper and pen? You do not have to follow the default rules. Create your own. Its your game after all.

Nothing wrong with requesting a feature tho. And in the end is up to you: wait or do it now.

as a huge fan of brytenwalda i really was looking forward to vc, and i really enjoyed and liked the storyline campaign. yeah, there were a couple of bugs, but i was able to play the story on the danish side without any major issues, continuing after story would have been nice though (already fixed i guess) Really great job on that devs, you really dont deserve a lot of the trash talk on the forum here imho. however, for sandbox mode i really would have expected at least some of the following features:

-more interaction possibilities with lords and npcs in general
-freelancer-like join your lords fyrd/shield wall/raiding party
-freelancer-like join indipendent viking raiding parties
-spear overhaul like there is for brytenwalda
-shield bash
-all weapons throwable (just for the fun of it)
-hunting game for meat and furs
-fishing, including high sea fishing from ships/boats
-smoking/roasting raw meat in camp
-more random events while travelling
-enhanced upgrade system for villages towns and castles
-possibility to do sparring with your soldiers/companions
-attack some villages from the sea
-surprise-attack towns from the sea with possibility to catch them off-guard, having only to deal with a small hastly assembled band of defenders and some time to plunder before reinforcements arrive and you have to fast-rereat to the sea

and then there is one thing that definately would enhance early play for going-to-be viking raiders:

possibility to build/own and upgrade a small farmstead by the sea whitch enables you (with the right upgrades) to produce enough food (diffrent possibilities) to maintain a small party (just your hit-and-run raiders) of say 30 low tier warriors and room for a couple of fitting "civilian" npcs, one smaller ship (snekkja) and diffrent types of cattle. maybe also randomly appearing travelling merchants, recruitable higher tier warriors, bards, fighters (referring to hat orm guy from storyline) and other kinds of travellers. maybe also farmstead-related random events like quarrels among peasants, wheather influence on harvest, occasional raider attacks, illness etc which need your decision/action.... the more bad things happen, the more you feel pressed to seek faraway lands to loot and improve your peoples situaion. (probably your (common born as you) wife takes over on the farm in your absence with bonus on economy but malus on defence)

just dreaming, but that would massivly improve playing your average scandinavian middle class farmer/raider

m19h87 said:
possibility to build/own and upgrade a small farmstead by the sea whitch enables you (with the right upgrades) to produce enough food (diffrent possibilities) to maintain a small party (just your hit-and-run raiders) of say 30 low tier warriors and room for a couple of fitting "civilian" npcs, one smaller ship (snekkja) and diffrent types of cattle. maybe also randomly appearing travelling merchants, recruitable higher tier warriors, bards, fighters (referring to hat orm guy from storyline) and other kinds of travellers. maybe also farmstead-related random events like quarrels among peasants, wheather influence on harvest, occasional raider attacks, illness etc which need your decision/action.... the more bad things happen, the more you feel pressed to seek faraway lands to loot and improve your peoples situaion. (probably your (common born as you) wife takes over on the farm in your absence with bonus on economy but malus on defence)

Refuge already does some of what you want. Did you try it with full upgrades?

Refuge already does some of what you want. Did you try it with full upgrades?
[/quote]

yeah, and i actually really like it but im meaning kind of a refuge-light easier to access and upgrade in early game (profession: landowner....), a rather simple farm for a farmer/raider rpg instead of a fortress for a warlord which you might use later on.

m19h87 said:
yeah, and i actually really like it but im meaning kind of a refuge-light easier to access and upgrade in early game (profession: landowner....), a rather simple farm for a farmer/raider rpg instead of a fortress for a warlord which you might use later on.

It would be cool to create a coast village that doesnt count as part of a kingdom. Like a secret base where you can build your hall and keep your warriors families. It could give us a limited choice of locations (remote areas, islands, etc) on a menu.

Something like that?

Back
Top Bottom