Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redleg said:
nemkediamond63 said:
Dan11311 said:
nemkediamond63 said:
Captain Lust said:
OK we have sent out the current patch. We will continue to work on remaining issues and should be able to start providing changelogs from now on.

Hopefully this resolves a lot of the problems and enables more people to have a smooth experience with the game. Thank you once again.

EDIT: Non-Steam versions will be loaded shortly and you can download that from Avangate as a fresh installer. Gog update incoming as well.

Will you optimise it better??? I still can't play, after character creation it just freezes Q.Q
What are your PC specs?

I've already written it somewhere, but I'll do it again if it helps.

Windows 7, 32bit
Core 2 Duo 2,53Ghz
ATI Radeon 4850, 512MB
3GB RAM

It's not too good PC, but I've played M&B for years without problem. And I can handle most of new games too. Maybe you can post texture packs like for Brytenwalda, for weaker PCs?

If they don't release a texture pack, you can mod some of the files yourself.  Look at the files in the textures folder of the VC, find the files that are 2048 X 2048 in dimension, open them with a good editor that will preserve the alpha (transparency) channel and reduce the dimensions to 1024 X 1024.  That will help.  I recall one Brytenwalda textures pack that they reduced bigger textures down to 512 X 512 but you may not need to go that far.

I don't know how to do that though :grin:

WeaponsOfTheMass said:
idk if this has been posted somewhere but whenever I try to camp after building a lair it deducts 1000gold and moves the lair to wherever I am currently at even if I have less than 1000gold

I also have that problem. At first I could build camps but now I always build a refuge...

Bug Report:

If you go to the limit of the Danemark map (north east) and order your troop to go past it while speeding up (Ctrl + Space) the game crashes after you see "Pause" flickering.
It's probably the same for all borders that you are not suppose to go past.
I guess if you are not speeding up the game will crash the same.

How the **** come you still haven't fixed your main quest hitches? Stability is nice and all but even occasional crashes are more tolerable than not being able to progress at all. Can we see some patch notes so we at least have an idea what has been fixed and what hasn't? It's getting frustrating to try after every patch if by some miracle it'd be possible to get going again :evil:

Ldsantana said:
Since the patch the enemy AI is always on defensive mode they NEVER charge

I can confirm this with all normal land battles. Only once did they charge and that time they had nothing but archers.

Well, after drasitcally lowering my graphics settings I was actually able to play for some 20 minutes before getting a runtime error, so I guess we're getting there.

Lyall said:
bawzz said:
Ldsantana said:

I got the same problem. They just dont move at all and get shot at distance.

This was also the case in bretwalda, or at least for me it was.

perhaps it's deliberate

I think it is. They won't always stay at spawn, only when they are outnumbered. At least in Brytenwalda, I don't know about VC, can't play it yet.

Stylus said:
Ldsantana said:

I can confirm this with all normal land battles. Only once did they charge and that time they had nothing but archers.

cant confirm it with all. If i confront norwegian vikingarnir (or so they re called) or renegades (generally outlaw parties below 20 men) they usually stay at their spawn with their men and wait for me to come. My party has about 30 men, light archers and sailors, they would kill me easily if they charged.
After that i tried out to attack a 150 men strong party from nordhymbre, and they came at me with all their men.
Edit: i stand with 4 companions awaiting 20 vikingrs to attack me, but nothing happens, they stay at their spawns.

A few bugs:

Some of the ferry points wont connect so you get stuck and cant disembark, particularly the one near Caer Dyf
Its been said but if you use a ferry or your own ship you embark as a horseman and not a ship
When I try to wait at a spot I automatically build a refuge even though I only have 4 sailors
There is still a memory leak during campaign and battle
When aiding other ships in combat I spawn under the ocean
Sailors not adding a speed modification to sailing even with 6 Nav each
The Character and Sheet tabs are identical

I've taken note that if I turn all sound off at the launcher the memory leak isn't half as noticeable (just a thought)

That's it for now, ill re-post if i find more bugs and good work with the quick hotfix release.

Win 7
i7-2600k  @ 3.4GHZ (8CPU's)
GTX 760 4G
16G ram
DX 11

Is there a changelog for the new hotfix? I downloaded something, but I am not sure if it is the entire hotfix.

I see no real changes in the BRF files. Maybe they fixed something in the code, I can not tell. They did update it, but no idea what they actually changed.
The BRFs are still producing 280+ errors...

So I am confused. Did I download everything?

So I've been watching this thread (and others) since yesterday, and haven't seen the information I need. Namely, when a fix will be available to customers of GOG.com? Forgiveness begged, in advance, if I've missed it.

I mean, I've seen statements that the fix is "incoming" to GOG, and I've seen statements that the fix is now available on "all other channels" besides Steam. But that don't make it so, 'cause as of 12/13/14, 6PM CST, it's not there.

I have seen a link to the direct download for the hotfix, but this only applies to games purchased direct from the Taleworlds site, apparently; when I run it is says I don't have a copy of Warband installed. In fact, I have two copies. One via Amazon, and a newer one via GOG (necessary to get access to VC).

Am I seriously being asked to buy a third copy of WB, in order to play VC?

Is there some sort of workaround to get the Taleworlds-specific fixes to work on legit copies purchased through other vendors?

My game still lags after a while I'm in (it became unbearable in the battle against the frisian rebel leader) and once it even crashed. Still, it worked better than before. I guess I'll need to wait for some more optimization (1257 and Bryt ran good enough on my pc) for a better experience.

Bashy McBashBash said:
So I've been watching this thread (and others) since yesterday, and haven't seen the information I need. Namely, when a fix will be available to customers of GOG.com? Forgiveness begged, in advance, if I've missed it.

I mean, I've seen statements that the fix is "incoming" to GOG, and I've seen statements that the fix is now available on "all other channels" besides Steam. But that don't make it so, 'cause as of 12/13/14, 6PM CST, it's not there.

I have seen a link to the direct download for the hotfix, but this only applies to games purchased direct from the Taleworlds site, apparently; when I run it is says I don't have a copy of Warband installed. In fact, I have two copies. One via Amazon, and a newer one via GOG (necessary to get access to VC).

Is there some sort of workaround to get the Taleworlds-specific fixes to work on legit copies purchased through other vendors?

Did you get a key to the warband and vc? You can link them to steam and get it that way.

ultraman said:
Bashy McBashBash said:

Did you get a key to the warband and vc? You can link them to steam and get it that way.

GOG keys are DRM-free, they don't work with steam.

Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but you tried 'Add game' in steam and entering the key? Is it a 16 digit key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom