Viking Conquest Update 1.0 hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nacholoko16 said:
Will say it again, if you guys put a PATCHNOTES to every hotfix will be better to make feedbacks. Because then we can aim to the solve problems to test them, otherwise we can keep talking about bugs that you guys dont fix it still.... This is like  a blind hunt. Anyway just an idea to make the things easy.

I second this motion!
I would love to see any kind of notes as to what a patch will have at the time, each of us are having different issues and these patches can give others false hope, if you mentioned what is fixed we know what we can expect

Ravenfly said:
yea, not bad english, but having run up to their spawn is the most annoying thing about it for me, thats why i added it to what u said. If i get behind them, they turn around to me, while showing their back to my archers ... i cant play battle til this is fixed, because it kind of has little point in it.

Try going into Camp menu in game, then in Game Options, then Formations Options, and tick "Prevent AI from taking defensive".
See if that helps.

GuardianOfBlind said:
Ravenfly said:
yea, not bad english, but having run up to their spawn is the most annoying thing about it for me, thats why i added it to what u said. If i get behind them, they turn around to me, while showing their back to my archers ... i cant play battle til this is fixed, because it kind of has little point in it.

Try going into Camp menu in game, then in Game Options, then Formations Options, and tick "Prevent AI from taking defensive".
See if that helps.

just checked, wasn t ticked on ... :/

When do those of us who can't convert our ancient keys from 4x4 to Steam get a stand alone hotfix patch so we can actually play without crashing every time we leave a tavern?

@SoothSayerSaxon,

The inability to aim the upwards spear attack was also in the Napoleonic Wars beta (not in final release), yes it was annoying to fight with on a hill or other raised areas, but on the other hand I can say that being able to freely aim the up attack is causing some massively annoying feintspam and sharking. Ultimately I personally would like to see a mix between it. Not entirely locked, but not too free aiming.

GuardianOfBlind said:
Ravenfly said:

See if that helps.z

Wish I'd known that this morning lol I fought a battle of 4000 vs 6500 and the enemy 6500 Sat at its spawn. You can not imagine how annoying it is to run.from spawn to them kill 2 waves then retreat to wait for reinforcements over and over the series of battles it took to win took over an hour.

Captain Lust said:
This patch will go live with non steam and gog versions in a short while. We'll also provide server files to get that updated asap.
Thank you! I really appreciate your hard work to fix the present issues.

OK we have sent out the current patch. We will continue to work on remaining issues and should be able to start providing changelogs from now on.

Hopefully this resolves a lot of the problems and enables more people to have a smooth experience with the game. Thank you once again.

EDIT: Non-Steam versions will be loaded shortly and you can download that from Avangate as a fresh installer. Gog update incoming as well.

Captain Lust said:
OK we have sent out the current patch. We will continue to work on remaining issues and should be able to start providing changelogs from now on.

Hopefully this resolves a lot of the problems and enables more people to have a smooth experience with the game. Thank you once again.

EDIT: Non-Steam versions will be loaded shortly and you can download that from Avangate as a fresh installer. Gog update incoming as well.
We keep on beta version or we swamp to normal one?

Will Viking Conquest ever get direct x7 support? Otherwise I'll have to get a refund. I can run the game on 9 with the lowest settings, but the game is too laggy especially in combat.

nacholoko16 said:
Captain Lust said:

We keep on beta version or we swamp to normal one?
Currently they are the same. You can switch the the normal one.

Ramsay Bolton said:
Will Viking Conquest ever get direct x7 support? Otherwise I'll have to get a refund. I can run the game on 9 with the lowest settings, but the game is too laggy especially in combat.
We are going to do our best with this. If we add proper support for dx7 it will likely have some semi-serious visual errors especially in naval battles.

We are working on performance continually as well so dx9 will improve with time. If you want to apply for a refund however, that is up to you.

Ramsay Bolton said:

well, to be fair the minimum requirements ask for dx9 capable hardware so If you don't have a pc up to snuff that's your own fault, don't think you are in the right to ask for a refund.

onarum said:
Ramsay Bolton said:

well, to be fair the minimum requirements ask for dx9 capable hardware so If you don't have a pc up to snuff that's your own fault, don't think you are in the right to ask for a refund.
I thought it was dx7 for the minimum requirements?

Captain Lust said:
[...]
Thank you again for all your work. A short question: The original installer was provided via a link I received per email. Will this link again be sent via email or do I have to log into my Avangate account?

Bug / Glitch: Often Sea-routes from port to port are going through land and not sea, through mountains and so on. Really disturbing.

AI Problem: Often, fighting peasant thiefs, one or more stay at the spawn leading to a longer battle, having to walk a long way only for one guy standing there while the others came to attack and died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom