Viking Conquest Update 1.0 hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The selected module does not support direct x7 mode!

You guys are kidding right? You're removing Direct x7 support? :sad:

I get this error when going to the main menu of the game.

Direct x7 for me is the difference between 60fps and 10fps.

Easier for them. Easier for the players.
Sorry, but i don't see how this is easier for me as a player, cause i can't report any bugs, since I have no possibility to apply any version of the hotfix. I also read that
--> do a full clean reinstall if you want to test the betas. Lots errors can be caused by bad downloads from Steam (we suffer that on CK2 and EU4 betas).
which seems to make it even more pointless to only test the hotfixes on steam.

When submitting feedback or bugs, including your version (including you hotfix version) is a standard. There should be no confusion as to what hotfix the person is on. What's more even if they use steam they could get hotfix 1 today, and three days later when they test it, hotfix 5 could be out but they are still using - and commenting on - hotfix 1.

So there is no reason to leave non-steam-players behind? Looks like pretty bad kung-fu to me again.  :cry:

Are savegames compatible with the new beta?

I tried loading a savegame, entered Denisburna and crashed immediately.

They most likely forgot to make their shaders work with DX7 mode.
That is why it is not working.

Their shaders are horrible anyway (But for the water, which looks nice).

Bluebeard said:

Please verify integrity of game cache and try again. It's savegame compatible.

We have released an update to fix the missing rock texture issues. Thank you for the reports.

Phocks said:

Dx7 support is complicated. The performance difference should not be that high in dx9. Try lowering settings. One thing you may have missed is "Fast Water Reflections". For best performance this should be enabled which is, admittedly, a little confusing.

Is there any option on the beta cheat menu to advance quest stages? That way if we got stuck in the main quest line we could just cheat past it..

Captain Lust said:
Bluebeard said:

Same here to me, cannot enter any settlement or talk to anyone. It freezes (with dialogues, I see a very low-detail character and the dialogue itself), then crashes on its own.

Verified game cache (I've had the issue from yesterday after the second hotfix, I've also uninstalled and re-downloaded/re-installed everything from steam).

Here's my rgl_config, might be useful. Using Linux.

http://pastebin.com/6JTmEHSb

The framebuffer size I've just increased, it was 15. No change. I tried with different resolutions too, it's been fine only once with 1280x720, now it's not working again.

I have had the RBG errors (that everyone else has) which I am guessing are missing textures.
I have also hit a runtime error when trying to enter a town and the game has crashed completely, this "hotfix" doesn't fix, Will not be playing this until a proper patch is released, right now it is ridiculous, huge amounts of lag, constant crashes and constant errors make this game extremely hard to play and no fun at all...

Captain Lust said:
Bluebeard said:

We have released an update to fix the missing rock texture issues. Thank you for the reports.

Phocks said:

Dx7 support is complicated. The performance difference should not be that high in dx9. Try lowering settings. One thing you may have missed is "Fast Water Reflections". For best performance this should be enabled which is, admittedly, a little confusing.

You are kidding, right?
Napoleonic Wars DLC has DX7 support. It works totally fine. No errors, no complications. And they have a dozen of new shaders, while Viking Conquest only has a few.

Overall I feel like NW was a proper release. This is just shabby.
If I remember right NW worked on release date. Why does this have so many bugs? Where is the QA?
NW had ONE bug. A bug that was not gamebreaking. (And got fixed in a hotfix that was published 24 hours after release) The game did not crash constantly, it had no missing textures or meshes.

Also, why did you not implement any of the new features that NW brought to Warband? There are almost no server settings available, there is no Admin Panel etc. NW had all of these, they could easily have been ported over.

Besides that, NW just looks better... The Fresnel shader that VC is using is outright horrible. Everything seems to be glowing... Their Parallax shader is bad too, or their heightmaps.
NW had proper COLORED specular maps, the parallax shader looks pretty cool, the flora looks a million times better and it had Enviroment mapped colored specular shading that just looked awesome on metallic parts. It could have seen alot of use in a game that actually has steel helmets and more armour than NW does.

Their trees are 500 polygon trees. What? Usually you make things that are large, require alot of screenspace and are complicated geometry (i.e. trees) higher poly than other stuff.
VC has sausages with 1400 polygons and trees with 500. Something is wrong?

If I remember right, NW had moving flora that looked nice and was effected by the wind. It also had nice ambient sounds playing in the background, that actually added something to the ambience of the scene. Map makers can also change weather and time using placable sceneprops. Not sure if that is implement in VC.

Rain effects also look much worse in VC. In NW you can actually see watersplashes on the ground and on water. In VC nothing happens. The rain looks cut off, it adds nothing to the ambience of the scene.
The sound is also rather bad.

OK, I can confirm it doesn't crash 1 out of about 5 times if I use 1280x720 resolution in windowed mode. I can even put settings to Medium now (quite nice to see! and smooth performance!).

Any Linux+Steam guru than can point me on where to look for error reports generated by the crash, if any? Maybe it's something stupid and looking at a crash dump could help.

Last hotfix feedback based on the gameplay:
- When you travel via boat (port) city to city on open sea the character travels on a horse instead a boat.
- Map movement is fine no lag on open world even on battle, but on city stuffs like enter market go to the hall and those things is very laggy.
- On battles the enemys make a line a hold for you, they throw things but they only move  a little bit if you get close then they atack you and come back to their places. Like Hold position order.
- No more RGL problems and rocks plants all working fine.

nacholoko16 said:
- When you travel via boat (port) city to city on open sea the character travels on a horse instead a boat.
- Map movement is fine no lag on open world even on battle, but on city stuffs like enter market go to the hall and those things is very laggy.
- On battles the enemys make a line a hold for you, they throw things but they only move  a little bit if you get close then they atack you and come back to their places. Like Hold position order.

enemies hold their position at spawn, must move all the way up to them

Ravenfly said:
nacholoko16 said:

Yes... that was my bad english was trying to explain i guess we are talking the same thing diferent ways.

Will say it again, if you guys put a PATCHNOTES to every hotfix will be better to make feedbacks. Because then we can aim to the solve problems to test them, otherwise we can keep talking about bugs that you guys dont fix it still.... This is like  a blind hunt. Anyway just an idea to make the things easy.

d4rk kn1ght said:
Captain Lust said:
Bluebeard said:

Phocks said:

You are kidding, right?
Napoleonic Wars DLC has DX7 support. It works totally fine. No errors, no complications. And they have a dozen of new shaders, while Viking Conquest only has a few.

Overall I feel like NW was a proper release. This is just shabby.
If I remember right NW worked on release date. Why does this have so many bugs? Where is the QA?
NW had ONE bug. A bug that was not gamebreaking. (And got fixed in a hotfix that was published 24 hours after release) The game did not crash constantly, it had no missing textures or meshes.

Also, why did you not implement any of the new features that NW brought to Warband? There are almost no server settings available, there is no Admin Panel etc. NW had all of these, they could easily have been ported over.

Besides that, NW just looks better... The Fresnel shader that VC is using is outright horrible. Everything seems to be glowing... Their Parallax shader is bad too, or their heightmaps.
NW had proper COLORED specular maps, the parallax shader looks pretty cool, the flora looks a million times better and it had Enviroment mapped colored specular shading that just looked awesome on metallic parts. It could have seen alot of use in a game that actually has steel helmets and more armour than NW does.

Their trees are 500 polygon trees. What? Usually you make things that are large, require alot of screenspace and are complicated geometry (i.e. trees) higher poly than other stuff.
VC has sausages with 1400 polygons and trees with 500. Something is wrong?

If I remember right, NW had moving flora that looked nice and was effected by the wind. It also had nice ambient sounds playing in the background, that actually added something to the ambience of the scene. Map makers can also change weather and time using placable sceneprops. Not sure if that is implement in VC.

Rain effects also look much worse in VC. In NW you can actually see watersplashes on the ground and on water. In VC nothing happens. The rain looks cut off, it adds nothing to the ambience of the scene.
The sound is also rather bad.

Three more things:

Why did they remove the ability to aim, up attacks on spears? I might as well have 3 attacks when fighting on a hill with a spear. The animation as it is goes over every enemies head if they're standing on anything more than a pebble. Also the spears are way to fast, light ones have speeds a chunk faster than most swords and even the heavy ones are on par. The damage reduction in comparrison to swords does not warrant their HUGE range advantage.

And the armour values are to high or the damage values are too low for most weapons. Bouncing is way to common on all cutting weapons with exception to the 2H sword the Irish get. I don't bother stabbing with swords because I know it will bounce off and the guy that's spamming away at me won't wait for me to try again with a different attack.

And why is the 2H sword the ONLY 2H (In multiplayer anyways might not of come across another one yet in single player). Where's my giant long axe? And maces (not 2H)! They would've been crude but they were about, and probably the easiest to make.

SoothSayerSaxon said:
And why is the 2H sword the ONLY 2H (In multiplayer anyways might not of come across another one yet in single player). Where's my giant long axe? And maces (not 2H)! They would've been crude but they were about, and probably the easiest to make.

nacholoko16 said:
Ravenfly said:
nacholoko16 said:

Yes... that was my bad english was trying to explain i guess we are talking the same thing diferent ways.

yea, not bad english, but having run up to their spawn is the most annoying thing about it for me, thats why i added it to what u said. If i get behind them, they turn around to me, while showing their back to my archers ... i cant play battle til this is fixed, because it kind of has little point in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom