A 90-employee studio with ONE actively-maintained product is releasing only ONE THREE-LINE bug fix patch per week. Unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread

I've worked retail and services but if i took a week to scan a can of pea's......
Sorry, but that comment there shows you know very little about programing. My comment about retail was not to say the jobs were similar, only that both sides get unnecessary flack and customers are far ruder to them than needed, creating sympathy between those who have worked a similar job because they understand. Read my previous post before the one you quoted:
Take it from someone who is in the industry (computer science, software engineering, etc.), there is a LOT that goes into projects that is not visible on the outside, and not all of it is ready for weekly patches. In my current employment, it can take as much as an entire 40-hour week to put a single plot on a graph model (I am modeling content in Zoom video conferences), but when the consumer or my supervisor sees it, they only see that single plot and wonder why it took 40 hours to make. Questions like that are common, and they are all caused by ignorance.

On the outside, the result of programming might look as simple as someone scanning a can of peas, but there is a ton of extra that goes on behind the scenes that consumers like you cannot comprehend unless you have worked in the field. I am not saying TW is perfect, but the anger and hate people spew at them over and over again on the forums is unnecessary.

Last edited:
The motivation is very profit oriented these days. I have seen this many times in my life. As soon as someone gets paid for something the zeal weakens. You need to chase the provider for the unfinished parts. For this reason I was very cautious with EA in general. This was the reason why I waited 2 months with purchasing Bannerlord on steam. Reading the forums to get some info. After 2 months I couldn't resist any longer :smile:

After 200 hours of playtime (in 1 month), I can tell only this - there are things I don't like in the game, there are things I love in the game, there are unfinished things in the game and there are unexplored things in the game. But what matters most, I just cannot stop to play it :smile:

I also do not think I will stop to play it soon since there are so many unexplored options in the early game. I will probably restart many times the campaign just to try to walk the path in a different way. Explore the options.

I do not mean to argue with anyone here. I just want to share my feedback on how do I feel about the game.

Its ridiculous that your name implies you are all about full release.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow... look at all the whiny, entitled pieces of garbage..

I understand that game development takes a long time, but the issues people have with the game aren't just because it took 10 years. It's that there are some really bad decisions that they refuse to admit are hurting the game. Multiplayer is dead, and the singleplayer base is lower than warband was in 2018. Even in the beta people were insisting that this would happen eventually if they kept going down that road.

It's also reasonable to be frustrated when a company this size is so slow at adding the features they promised, when smaller teams have worked much more efficiently on much larger games.

The numbers aren't as high as I thought when I last checked, but in 2018 the average number of players was around 7,000, while for bannerlord currently it's around 17,000 and decreasing faster than for warband. At some point in the near future we might see more Warband players than Bannerlord players which should really worry the developers.

Sorry, but that comment there shows you know very little about programing. My comment about retail was not to say the jobs were similar, only that both sides get unnecessary flack and customers are far ruder to them than needed, creating sympathy between those who have worked a similar job because they understand. Read my previous post before the one you quoted:

On the outside, the result of programming might look as simple as someone scanning a can of peas, but there is a ton of extra that goes on behind the scenes that consumers like you cannot comprehend unless you have worked in the field. I am not saying TW is perfect, but the anger and hate people spew at them over and over again on the forums is unnecessary.
Both of these jobs do get unnecessary grief but there are many times its warranted. You cant just blanket a particular job with immunity. There's some 12 yearold kid spitting out hundreds of lines of code for his game changing mod. It's not fair to that 12 yearold and imply all programmers are slow/lazy. Very disrespectful of you.

These 'fixes' should not exists if TW has a good internal QA team. Just some very stupid value error : 0.2%->2*0.01, 5%->0.05*0.01, 30%->0.3*0.01, 30%->30*1, etc. They never make percentage values right. Same mistake in almost every patch. That's the problem.
Is math related to science?

Unbelievable!

Indeed.

So how come you appear to believe the...unbelievable? ?

And now we know they "are currently working on quite a large code refactor that should make for an improvement to the underlying code of the game in the long run, but unfortunately, it is taking quite a bit of our attention right now. However, with that being said, work on the next updates to the main and beta branches are underway and we hope to release those very soon!"

I understand that game development takes a long time, but the issues people have with the game aren't just because it took 10 years. It's that there are some really bad decisions that they refuse to admit are hurting the game. Multiplayer is dead, and the singleplayer base is lower than warband was in 2018. Even in the beta people were insisting that this would happen eventually if they kept going down that road.

It's also reasonable to be frustrated when a company this size is so slow at adding the features they promised, when smaller teams have worked much more efficiently on much larger games.

Honestly, I am frustrated myself. I just don't think that filling the forum with complaints and being toxic about it is the way to go (not saying that you have ever done it, but there's plenty of people who do). And the whole "we tried constructive criticism, that didn't work so now we are going to be toxic" argument that I saw posted by some people doesn't make sense to me. If they ignore our constructive feedback and the game ends up being garbage because of it, that's on them. If our reaction to them doing that is launching ourselves in personal attacks and **** flinging, that's on us.

If our reaction to them doing that is launching ourselves in personal attacks and **** flinging, that's on us.

But if you look at a lot of the boomers who are saying stuff like "all these whiny kiddos being entitled and toxic", they are replying to threads where people are saying stuff as mild as "the game is still bad after all this time please get your act together taleworlds". This is the first thread I've seen with some level of hyperbole and TW simps are instantly jumping on it rather than addressing the spirit of the thread.

The exact same thing happened in one Noudelle thread where he called one of Taleworlds's's''ss claims "false advertising", which devolved into 29 pages of people attacking his specific wording and decrying the toxicity of the forums nowadays, but having exactly zero responses as to why his wider argument was wrong.

@eddiemccandless I agree about the toxicity.

Though I also understand patience running dry. The throughput that we have seen in the last 2 months does not equal the capacity of a 90 game developer firm. This coupled with the very vague and inconsistent communication is starting to feel like a sinking ship, except we are the poor schumcks still playing the string quartet.

But if you look at a lot of the boomers who are saying stuff like "all these whiny kiddos being entitled and toxic", they are replying to threads where people are saying stuff as mild as "the game is still bad after all this time please get your act together taleworlds". This is the first thread I've seen with some level of hyperbole and TW simps are instantly jumping on it rather than addressing the spirit of the thread.

The exact same thing happened in one Noudelle thread where he called one of Taleworlds's's''ss claims "false advertising", which devolved into 29 pages of people attacking his specific wording and decrying the toxicity of the forums nowadays, but having exactly zero responses as to why his wider argument was wrong.

Right, and that's wrong too and I had arguments with people who were doing that on this forum as well (honestly it's hilarious to me because I get called "fanboy" or "hater" depending on who I am talking with). Regarding Noudelle's thread, he himself calls it a ****post so... I suspect that is actually the kind of reaction he was going for in that specific thread :smile:.

@eddiemccandless I agree about the toxicity.

Though I also understand patience running dry. The throughput that we have seen in the last 2 months does not equal the capacity of a 90 game developer firm. This coupled with the very vague and inconsistent communication is starting to feel like a sinking ship, except we are the poor schumcks still playing the string quartet.

Right, TW is definitely not doing great so far. I do think that they have huge organization issues that actually make them slower than smaller teams (and that's one point that @MightyMidgit was reasing earlier that was lost on people). It is ridiculous that this is what they released after 8 years. We can find all the justifications that we want, but there's no denying that that was a fail.

With that said, we are here now. Not much we can do except wait and hope that they figure it out eventually. It's not like they are magically going to release great quality content because people are raging.

Honestly, I am frustrated myself. I just don't think that filling the forum with complaints and being toxic about it is the way to go (not saying that you have ever done it, but there's plenty of people who do). And the whole "we tried constructive criticism, that didn't work so now we are going to be toxic" argument that I saw posted by some people doesn't make sense to me. If they ignore our constructive feedback and the game ends up being garbage because of it, that's on them. If our reaction to them doing that is launching ourselves in personal attacks and **** flinging, that's on us.
Tbh i think taleworlds is a great company that has created one of the most enjoyable open world concepts period.

But don't tell them that. Tell them what could be better i.e
communication. <---------
It doesnt have to be well detailed with pretty pictures in asteam update. I get an erection everytime i see duck_tails or mexxxxicccccooo post the briefest insights of what's behind the curtains. Ive been the biggest mount and blade nerd from og release.

Don't tell them how great they are or theyre never going to move out of your house. If taleworlds doesn't know they're loved then they've clearly been asleep for a decade. Salt is terrible for an open wound but it will keep fresh meat from rotting. Okay my fantastical analogies and thought processes need work.

The kid that gets picked on will rise to the top or crumble to the bottom. A content kid will stay right where he's at.

P.S I love weed. and dont tell taleworlds that i like him, tehe :hand flap:

Back
Top Bottom