Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Fixed a bug that enabled low-level troops to block a number of consecutive attacks from different directions.
Just test it out, Low level troops are now less using block, they rarely block 1-2 before making mistake. from tier 3 they will block 3-5, I Feel like this update overall reduce the block of all troops but low level troops suffer more. Just want to let people know, I have no idea wether it good or bad. Thanks !

I tried clearing out the hideout in the previous campaign, and it counted me as "1 of 5 parties eliminated"...
It is dependant on jow many parties are in the hideout. (The little pitch fork icon).

For this particular quest i will sometimes clear out the hideouts but usually i only take it if i am equipped for it, such as having a small party or ehough horses to increase my speed or a mainly horseman based party. Otherwise I have to skip it based on if there is no hideout close with enough parties or my party is not equipped for chasing smaller bands. Its just how the game works and isnt something that needs to be changed, you need to adjust your warband to the quests you take or hire a companion to handle them for you.

I guess you'll keep fixing bugs for years and this game will never be a 'full version'
The problem is, that they released a game as finished which in fact wasn't finished by far, regarding the time and work that already went into the 1.2.x bug-fixes and QoL-improvement.

They are now trying to save it, by finishing the base game and that's in my opinion the best option here. So, thank you devs for that.

But this also doesn make the faulty release undone and because it's a version after 1.0, people are demanding more and more content and additions for a base, that wasn't finished and isn't ready for that, and where new stuff would only lead to more and new problems.

The problem is, that they released a game as finished which in fact wasn't finished by far, regarding the time and work that already went into the 1.2.x bug-fixes and QoL-improvement.

They are now trying to save it, by finishing the base game and that's in my opinion the best option here. So, thank you devs for that.

But this also doesn make the faulty release undone and because it's a version after 1.0, people are demanding more and more content and additions for a base, that wasn't finished and where new stuff would only lead to more and new problems.

Larian released a 125gb patch today for BG3. (the 5th large one since release). Bethseda released some for Starfield already. Even got some in beta test (sounds familiar?). We talking about studios here far bigger in size and budgets than Taleworld. Games being released with issues and flaws is just how the industry is these days. Is it right? No, but our choice is basically, play or not play. It sounds a bit strange, but how you judge games these days seems to be by what the creators does to support it after the release. Look at a game such as no man sky, how it was at release vs how it is today.. huge difference.

But this also doesn make the faulty release undone and because it's a version after 1.0, people are demanding more and more content and additions for a base, that wasn't finished and isn't ready for that, and where new stuff would only lead to more and new problems.
Releasing an incomplete game to other platforms just to sell more is pure greed. Instead of completing the game, they optimized it for consoles. TW is very poorly managed. I'm not criticizing the developers for doing what was asked of them.

Larian released a 125gb patch today for BG3. (the 5th large one since release). Bethseda released some for Starfield already. Even got some in beta test (sounds familiar?). We talking about studios here far bigger in size and budgets than Taleworld. Games being released with issues and flaws is just how the industry is these days. Is it right? No, but our choice is basically, play or not play. It sounds a bit strange, but how you judge games these days seems to be by what the creators does to support it after the release. Look at a game such as no man sky, how it was at release vs how it is today.. huge difference.
you sound like a good man to know, let us speak together from time to time

Larian released a 125gb patch today for BG3. (the 5th large one since release). Bethseda released some for Starfield already. Even got some in beta test (sounds familiar?). We talking about studios here far bigger in size and budgets than Taleworld.
From the patch notes of BG3:
  • Epilogue: An entirely new section at the end of the game after the defeat of the [contains spoiler] that aims to provide a well-deserved sense of closure with your allies.
  • Two new play modes: Honour Mode and Custom Mode.
  • Added a brand new fight in Ramazith’s Tower
  • + some more new content with [contains spoiler]
The content of the 1.2.x release of Bannerlord:
- formation targeting
- a bit new weather
- 3 new small quests
- the rest: 95 % bug-fixing and QoL-work

Don't get me wrong, as I stated before it's the right way to go for Bannerlord in the current situation. But you can't compare a patch that focuses on new content with a patch which nearly exclusevly contains fixing and QoL. That are just completly different topics.

And I won't comment on the quality or lack thereof of a bethesda-game here; that's not worth it.

Games being released with issues and flaws is just how the industry is these days. Is it right? No, but our choice is basically, play or not play.
No, you missed the third option, which is stating what a complete ****-show some companies (not TaleWorlds) produce and towards others voice your opinion to hopefully prevent them from going the same way.

It sounds a bit strange, but how you judge games these days seems to be by what the creators does to support it after the release.
No, I judge a game by its quality at the time I play it.
And if a company promises more after that, I judge the company according to their promises.

Look at a game such as no man sky, how it was at release vs how it is today.. huge difference.
If you start at the bottom, it's easy to make a "huge difference".
Also, I played No Man's Sky 3 years ago and would rate it as "ok-ish". Based on that, not sure if I would play it again. It had its chance and that is gone.

From the patch notes of BG3:
  • Epilogue: An entirely new section at the end of the game after the defeat of the [contains spoiler] that aims to provide a well-deserved sense of closure with your allies.
  • Two new play modes: Honour Mode and Custom Mode.
  • Added a brand new fight in Ramazith’s Tower
  • + some more new content with [contains spoiler]
The content of the 1.2.x release of Bannerlord:
- formation targeting
- a bit new weather
- 3 new small quests
- the rest: 95 % bug-fixing and QoL-work

Don't get me wrong, as I stated before it's the right way to go for Bannerlord in the current situation. But you can't compare a patch that focuses on new content with a patch which nearly exclusevly contains fixing and QoL. That are just completly different topics.

Larian released 10 hotfix patches since release of the game though in addition to the 5 main patches which fixed tons of bugs and issues. So all in all majority of what they done pre release is fixing bugs and issues. Not adding new features and content. Isn't that on pair with what TW is doing with Bannerlord? We all want new features and content but if the foundation to build on got issues, then fixing the foundation is the better choice first.

The Patch that larian released is 27GB Big not 125GB, this is for Ps5. Personally i hate that it has come this far that people should accept games released in a state that is not Finished. It is the big companies that force people to think this is normal. You can not compare TW with a studio like Bethesda or Ubisoft or EA, they have the people and recources to make their games good even great and without alot bugs and Problems. The only Problem with those Big Companies is they think why bother if we can make a game without spending to much money on and sell it over and over, each year again with only a few minor improvements Cause we know people will still buy these games. This is Wrong. I hate to see that the game industry has come this far. They are not all like this and i am glad for that. Alot of these indie studios make far better games without much recources or people. They have more respect from me then all the big Companies that define the industry all together. Grtz Vaan.

Larian released 10 hotfix patches since release of the game though in addition to the 5 main patches which fixed tons of bugs and issues. So all in all majority of what they done pre release is fixing bugs and issues. Not adding new features and content. Isn't that on pair with what TW is doing with Bannerlord? We all want new features and content but if the foundation to build on got issues, then fixing the foundation is the better choice first.
How many gb a patch has has no bearing to the quality/quantity of the patch itself necessarily.
Again, Larian/BG3 (imo best game released in recent years) has bugs too; no game doesn't. That game was released 4 months ago - and as you say, 5 'main' patches pushed out since; obviously size of studio impacts that pacing too. But it is far, far from being a decent comparison to what we have with TW and Bannerlord; it's almost a disservice to think they are anywhere close in this context.

Yes, TW needs to fix their poor foundation as the utmost priority; no one is arguing against that. It's that it's been 3 years of EA + 1 year post-release and we are still experience a substantial amount of bugs/crashes (ones that still come up from previous years), enough that this next beta content and live is still delayed as recently communicated.
That's the issue, I don't care about 'new' content, but the in-game content that needs to be fixed/improved besides barely passing just being a placeholder feature as many are.

That's before even considering DLCs which would be when 'new' content is justifiable; and whoever is still trusting to put forth money with TW after all this with BL's development standards.

The Patch that larian released is 27GB Big not 125GB, this is for Ps5. Personally i hate that it has come this far that people should accept games released in a state that is not Finished. It is the big companies that force people to think this is normal. You can not compare TW with a studio like Bethesda or Ubisoft or EA, they have the people and recources to make their games good even great and without alot bugs and Problems. The only Problem with those Big Companies is they think why bother if we can make a game without spending to much money on and sell it over and over, each year again with only a few minor improvements Cause we know people will still buy these games. This is Wrong. I hate to see that the game industry has come this far. They are not all like this and i am glad for that. Alot of these indie studios make far better games without much recources or people. They have more respect from me then all the big Companies that define the industry all together. Grtz Vaan.

Very few in the game industry today is using their own inhouse game engine though. Majority either land on Unreal Engine or Unity. Even CDPR is moving from their red engine to unreal. Funny enough, both Larian and Bethseda as mentioned earlier use their own inhouse engines.

One big issue with making all these games is testing. These studios is not able to stress test their games like all the end players end up. collectively. People playing these games on all kind of configurations ranging from 10+ year old potatoes to the latest hardware. No wonder so many soly focused on develop for consoles these days and later make bad pc ports.

Larian released 10 hotfix patches since release of the game though in addition to the 5 main patches which fixed tons of bugs and issues. So all in all majority of what they done pre release is fixing bugs and issues. Not adding new features and content.
Isn't that on pair with what TW is doing with Bannerlord?
BG3 was released less than 4 months ago. Regarding the state of the gaming-industrie, I'd call that a reasonable time for bug-fixing. (Plus adding "an entirely new section" and two new play modes sounds rather big, although I haven't played the game.)

They called Bannerlord ready to release more than a year ago. Plus two and half year of early access, which BG3 didn't need.
If after all this time:
A. you still have such large number of issues to fix, as you can read in the current patch-notes, and
B. it takes you 5 - 6 months to release a new stable build,
then something either is still going wrong or atleast went wrong in the past.

So no, the work of Larian and TaleWorlds is not on par.

We all want new features and content but if the foundation to build on got issues, then fixing the foundation is the better choice first.
That's what I already stated two times before, no need to argue about that.

Edit: Funny that @JunKeteer wrote nearly the same in the meantime.^^

BG3 was released less than 4 months ago. Regarding the state of the gaming-industrie, I'd call that a reasonable time for bug-fixing. (Plus adding "an entirely new section" and two new play modes sounds rather big, although I haven't played the game.)

They called Bannerlord ready to release more than a year ago. Plus two and half year of early access, which BG3 didn't need.
If after all this time:
A. you still have such large number of issues to fix, as you can read in the current patch-notes, and
B. it takes you 5 - 6 months to release a new stable build,
then something either is still going wrong or atleast went wrong in the past.

So no, the work of Larian and TaleWorlds is not on par.

That's what I already stated two times before, no need to argue about that.

Edit: Funny that @JunKeteer wrote nearly the same in the meantime.^^

Well, if you look at the ACTS of BG3, you can see very well what parts was released in early access, and which ones that wasn't. Because first ACT that was, is way more polished etc than the other two. If they put the entire thing on early access I'm sure it wouldn't have needed all these hotfixes and patches after the game was released. Also be careful about the comment "adding a entirely new section". They didn't add any significant to the game. If you try to do everything you get about 200-300 hours out of your first playthrough.

I still think TW on pair, when you consider Larian got over 450 devs spread over six countries when it came to BG3.

Please, talking about BG3 here is completely off topic. You can not compare apples with Pears. Thats a saying in Belgium btw. The Difference is to big between the two. Grtz Vaan.

I still think TW on pair, when you consider Larian got over 450 devs spread over six countries when it came to BG3.
You don't need 450 developers to make something better then the worst diplomacy in the history of videogames.

You don't need humongous budget to impement a perk system that is not a total disaster.

You don't need decades of development to think of a companion mechanic that doesn't completely suck

Well, if you look at the ACTS of BG3, you can see very well what parts was released in early access, and which ones that wasn't. Because first ACT that was, is way more polished etc than the other two. If they put the entire thing on early access I'm sure it wouldn't have needed all these hotfixes and patches after the game was released.
You're arguing our exact point. Act 3 was buggier because it had less eyes (chance to miss obscure bugs) on it before official release; Act 1, nearly 100% release quality. TW had 3 open years of that and no concern withholding parts of the game for fear of spoiling story. We're 1 year past official release, with 1 'main' patch since and this next one probably just before the Xmas holidays (unless more unforeseen bugs).
Also be careful about the comment "adding a entirely new section". They didn't add any significant to the game.
And be careful on 'new content' with TW, we're still waiting on content/fixes to things that was intended to be in before official release (see that release plan of theirs) that's yet to be considered live. TW added less significant things in a significantly longer timespan.
If you try to do everything you get about 200-300 hours out of your first playthrough.
This #of hours has nothing to do with anything.
Grab the numbers and provide, all this means as well is that TW has poor HR resource management and allocation woes. Did TW make more net profits because they spent less overhead? Possibly, we don't know. Even if that is the case and their modus operandi; do you think they deserve more money for a (TBD) DLC that will be just as half-assed as the official release?

Encouter "prisoner joining tournament" today, Battania is on war with Sturgia. Some Sturgia prisoners join the tournament. I'm using arena mod that allow me to fight tournament with my troops called "team tournament" I don't know if mod causing this. please take a look

Back
Top Bottom