Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Act 3 of that game is incredibly unpolished and incomplete, I don't know how you didn't notice that. Regardless of how much you liked the game it certainly was not "complete" on release.
To me act 3 did not feel incomplete, i had tons of fun with the game. This is maybe due the fact i did not look everything up that has been said or what happend with BG3. When i buy a game i never search anything about the game. Just so it will not ruin my game. People rely to much on the internet and what has been said about games. Its really sad that cause of this people their opinion change about the game without even playing it. If you search hard enough in a game there is always something you find to complain about. Just Relax a bit and dont take games to serious. Grtz Vaan.

To me act 3 did not feel incomplete, i had tons of fun with the game. This is maybe due the fact i did not look everything up that has been said or what happend with BG3. When i buy a game i never search anything about the game. Just so it will not ruin my game. People rely to much on the internet and what has been said about games. Its really sad that cause of this people their opinion change about the game without even playing it. If you search hard enough in a game there is always something you find to complain about. Just Relax a bit and dont take games to serious. Grtz Vaan.

I made it through without much issues either, apart from the game did suffer from memory leaks in act 3. But if you look through the patch notes of the 10 hotfixes and 5 patches that came since release. It does give the picture of something that was shipped without really be ready. Larian been very fast at release patches and fix issues though.

If a game has flaws it has flaws. Burying your head in the sand and saying "no its Finished and Complete because I didn't look past the surface level" doesn't make those issues go away.

I love Morrowind but pretending that game doesn't have a massive pile of bugs that can break it would be willful ignorance.

If a game has flaws it has flaws. Burying your head in the sand and saying "no its Finished and Complete because I didn't look past the surface level" doesn't make those issues go away.

I love Morrowind but pretending that game doesn't have a massive pile of bugs that can break it would be willful ignorance.

Still its the best game Bethseda made imho. Had so much fun with creating spells and such there...

Beta v1.2.6 (30/11/23)

Singleplayer​

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that prevented you from targeting castle gates, siege engines, and alike with an attack order.
Well I am glad this has been fixed, but I'm going to be honest I don't think you should be able to have your troops hack down the outer gate in Castles/Towns. I think the outer gate should only be destructible by siege equipment.

It is bit too easy to cheese sieges by simply focusing on the outer gate, and of course inner gate breaks quickly, and then it's pretty easy to overwhelm the defenders with a single elite party unless they have a truly massive garrison.

Pair this with the fact it's generally much easier to "snipe" Towns/Castles as Non-Kingdom Clan, and this is probably the most effective way to conquer Calradia. If your only option was to use ladders upon siege camp completion, this would put the kabosh on this strategy for the most part, and or limit the player to only poorly defended fiefs.

Course folks probably would never have considered such things if we had functional Kingdom Management & Diplomacy...

patchnotes-v126.png

Beta v1.2.6 (30/11/23)​

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred during the battle due to a bug in the range calculation of units.

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that enabled low-level troops to block a number of consecutive attacks from different directions.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze after pressing the Auto-Deploy button during the Order of Battle phase.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented you from targeting castle gates, siege engines, and alike with an attack order.
  • Fixed a bug that caused crafted item’s names to reset after loading a save.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented some option names and values from being updated after changing the language in the Options screen.

Multiplayer​

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused perks that provide a speed bonus to attacks to scale the final damage too high.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented you from joining the server even after downloading the map (with a revision parameter).

Changes
  • Implemented the in-game admin panel & admin features for dedicated servers.
    • The in-game admin panel provides an easy way to organize and moderate events. It comes with the following options:
      • Require mission restart: Game Type, Map, Attacker & Defender Culture, Minimum Score to Win Duel, Number of Rounds, Map Time Limit, Round Time Limit, Warmup Time Limit, Maximum Number of Players
      • Have immediate effect: Welcome Message, Team Balance Threshold, Friendly Damages, Class Limits (Allow, Disallow)
      • Others: End Warmup, Mute/Unmute Player, Kick Player, Ban Player
    • The admin features are only available to those who enter the server as an admin by providing the admin password (right-click on the server and then "Join as Admin"). You can then access the admin panel via the Escape menu.
      • The "AdminPassword" can be set from the server config.
    • Added an admin announcements system that pushes out text to everyone on the server. Admins can utilize it by typing the following into chat:
      • /ab [text] - Admin Broadcast - Displays the announcement in the middle of the screen as well as in chat alongside a sound notification.
      • /ac [text] - Admin Chat - Displays the announcement in chat.
    • Implemented a new configuration option to support the admin panel. The "add_map_to_usable_maps [MapName] [GameType],[GameType]" allows you to specify which maps should be made available in the admin panel for which game types.
      • For example: "add_map_to_usable_maps mp_siege_map_005 Siege,Skirmish"
    • Visit the updated Hosting a Custom Server modding documentation page to learn more.
Hello dear TW, do you have an approximate ETA date of 1.2.x. yet?

Yes, the Coming of Age cutscene was pure quality, rotating camera around you and your sibling, everytime the camera is blocked by scenery, the child ages one step - brilliant.

This is what give BL the edge over other ZAP-BANG strategic games - Quality, quality, quality. Keep it up.
I echo this sentiment; more stuff like this would be sweet, especially for stuff like conquering/uniting a country and uniting the whole continent. I enjoy stuff like this in strategy games like Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Still its the best game Bethseda made imho. Had so much fun with creating spells and such there...
Oh agreed, the game is one of my all time favorites. Probably when young me realized what video games were really capable of.

Doesn't mean it isn't riddled with problems though. And if I'm recommending it to someone, it would only be fair to make them aware of it.

Oh agreed, the game is one of my all time favorites. Probably when young me realized what video games were really capable of.

Doesn't mean it isn't riddled with problems though. And if I'm recommending it to someone, it would only be fair to make them aware of it.
I'd recommend OpenMW to a newbie; it's how I got into Morrowind recently and it's about as smooth and bugless as it can get (well, "as it can get" with no modding or DIY work, which can be daunting to people new to computer gaming) with no fuss either. I definitely concur with warning people about issues prior to buying/playing, though, like some of the common ones with vanilla Morrowind or how Bannerlord was (and, from what I hear, remains) a montage of crashes and loading screens when I got it last year.

Great fun, but your patience will be tested--especially if you never prepped for dealing with the issues in the first place. At least, in my case with Bannerlord, I was forewarned about the save corruption issues so they didn't take me by surprise and the guy who warned me and I (we) figured out a work-around to mitigate the issue at the time.

You know what, its all about personal expierience in a game. I am not saying the game has no Flaws, all games has its flaws. To me it felt finished and complete, its a whole adventure that you are getting into. It has a great story and cool battles. All the technical issues it could have i was not aware of. And it is not like it has game breaking bugs. I never had crashes either. Grtz Vaan.

Just had a siege on 1.2.6, where the pre battle formations didn't match the formations once battle did start. Although the pre battle formations was in use, if I tried to command any of them I just had 2 mixed formations available to give orders, even the actual number of formations was 5.

Just had a siege on 1.2.6, where the pre battle formations didn't match the formations once battle did start. Although the pre battle formations was in use, if I tried to command any of them I just had 2 mixed formations available to give orders, even the actual number of formations was 5.
Did you have any allies on your side in this siege battle?

Did you have any allies on your side in this siege battle?

No, was just my one clan party. The initial pre-battle formations doesn't seem to end up in a mess of mixed ranged and infantry anylonger when deployed. Just when I try to order any of them once battle start I just had the choice between two large formations of mixed units. Rather than the 2 infantry and 3 ranged formations that got deployed.

Back
Top Bottom