Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, In regard of Paradox. I got tthe complete collection of CK2, CK3 and, Stellaris, all dlc's.. so in regard of the Paradox idea of content drops. I got a good idea.... When I see people drop a huge list of "I want this"... or we "need this".. they should consider such would most likely come with a price tag. People should curb their expectations in regard of large content drops of released games, just saying.

There is a big difference between that and patching/fixing though.
Your right if you say most developers only make extra content if they are paid for it or if they can get more money out of it. But like TW they add 1.2 update for no extra cost and it is a big addition of good and new content. Ofc there are still many bugs and crashes that comes with it but they try fixing it and that is what matters. They are not abandoning the game. TW could instead of free updates make all these previous updates and the current ones to drop as DLC and ask us money for it. But that would be not cool and personally i am glad they didnt do this. Be happy that we are getting this content without any costs. Grtz Vaan.

Your right if you say most developers only make extra content if they are paid for it or if they can get more money out of it. But like TW they add 1.2 update for no extra cost and it is a big addition of good and new content. Ofc there are still many bugs and crashes that comes with it but they try fixing it and that is what matters. They are not abandoning the game. TW could instead of free updates make all these previous updates and the current ones to drop as DLC and ask us money for it. But that would be not cool and personally i am glad they didnt do this. Be happy that we are getting this content without any costs. Grtz Vaan.
ever seen a shield wall with two troops ?

Probably finished in a way we can have even more differents reasons to enjoy this game.

Choosing a bunch of famous modders ideas as inspirations would be a start.

Imagine serving as soldier, getting standard unit gear, progressing through ranks and be rewarded with a settlement at some point. That's an idea.

I fail to understand why some people don't want to see more features in this game.

Even worse: I don't get why some players are reacting as if they were already overwhelmed by the current state of the game.

Bannerlord provides battles (as lord, as mercenary...or bandit, I guess ?), trading (but it still becomes repetitive, how about a bank system ?), getting settlements (with very basic management possibilities) and eventually to start a dynasty (again, with very basic management possibilities).

In fact putting aside the incredible battles and a big part of the trading, everything in this game still remains a very basic state.

But if you consider Bannerlord doesn't need any more addition, please, be my guest, enjoy it. Maybe you are an happier player than most of us. In that case I do envy you.

Good thing TW finally decided to add a weather system, to store goods for warehouse production and a couple of new bandits scenes (about time...). Still feel like baby steps, but at least we got that.

So yeah, please we need improvement, variety and new features.
"Even worse: I don't get why some players are reacting as if they were already overwhelmed by the current state of the game." -> It's not about settling for little. It's knowing what your demands represent in terms of work and time.

Adding is easy. Balancing and correcting everything without distorting it takes much longer, especially for a game like this where everything is connected.

Mods have fewer constraints. They can work without unit tests for example , and focus on a single point of view (diplomacy, thief, fantasy...) even if this unbalances other mechanics of the base game.

"Even worse: I don't get why some players are reacting as if they were already overwhelmed by the current state of the game." -> It's not about settling for little. It's knowing what your demands represent in terms of work and time.

Adding is easy. Balancing and correcting everything without distorting it takes much longer, especially for a game like this where everything is connected.

Mods have fewer constraints. They can work without unit tests for example , and focus on a single point of view (diplomacy, thief, fantasy...) even if this unbalances other mechanics of the base game.
not wanting improvements it's settle for less.

which is mostly the opinion of console players.

if your money, that you used for buy the game, it's not worthy. A lot of Ppl feels other way and they don't want settle for basic game

Specially this game is primary PC, the stupidest decision to release for console now got in the way of Development.

Because the Fifa player, CoD players, doesn't want a better game. They just wanna speed run and be done with it

Console players are known to not give a dog poop for quality

if your money, that you used for buy the game, it's not worthy. A lot of Ppl feels other way and they don't want settle for basic game

Specially this game is primary PC, the stupidest decision to release for console now got in the way of Development.

Because the Fifa player, CoD players, doesn't want a better game. They just wanna speed run and be done with it

It's funny that not a word of what you said here is true

And as usual what is not listed in the patch and put under the carpet to play the innocent "No we didn't do that."

So now they decided to mess up with the SellPrisonersAction method that is supposed to make life easier when selling prisoner.

I won't even say a word about the short hand methods that save one word for the lazy developers and go directly to what bothers me the most, that modders should actually stop modding! Yeah you know, when Taleworld makes a new update it's not to help the modding community to release better mods, it to ask them to stop.

So they removed a short hand method that was allowing you to make any party sell prisoners to any settlements, a good method very useful because basically you could use it for any action involving prisoners. It's not just a lazy shorthand to save one word. And they replaced it wiiiith nothing. Nope, just you can't do it anymore.

So you look at the 3 remaining, one is only for mainparty with current settlement so very specific, one is a shorthand for the last and the last is for a seeler party a buyer party and a prisoner list to transfer. Ok. So now I guess I should use this one... Now I look at the private method that is called by any of the short hand and the very first line is

Settlement settlement = sellerParty.Settlement ?? ((buyerParty != null) ? buyerParty.Settlement : null);

Wtf man? So basically you removed us the ability to choose the settlement to admit in the very next line there SHOULD be absolutely a settlement for your method to work and do a lazy inline to decide for us and forget all the cases that are not in your unfinished game? And what if I made a mod where my governor sell the extra prisoners stacked in his city because you game is too stupid to see when jails are full and stack them forever like an idiot?
I give you the answer, it fails, because your algorithm is as limited as your ability to plan the development of your game. That's the reason you change the same damn method again and again update after update and are never able to do it right on the first run. instead of putting public methods private like you again did on this update (Some in herodeveloper, thank you so much ...), maybe you should for once take at least 10 f minutes to think about what you are going to change before jumping on the code and facerolling on your keyboard?!

Oh and special mention on this method that clones a roadster of troops that is already a dummy because you know, the lazy shorthand I talked about earlier. Well it to sell all prisoners at all because devs are apparently too lazy to use roadster.clone, so cause they are lazy, now the methods does it everytime, even if not necessary and you can end up with a clone of a clone of a dummy roadster. You wonder why the game has serious performance issues from time to time? This is just an example.

I'm not asking much, I'm asking to at least plan a little bit ahead what is going to happen! When you make a method don't just think "Oh I need that and nothing else, let's forbid everything" but "Ok I need that, but in the future this feature and this feature are planned, maybe I shouldn't lock everything and put an entry for later" that would be the minimum, cause for a game supposed to help moding it should be the exact opposite like "I don't need this, but modders might, I should leave a free access to it."

You see not only you are spitting at the modder community constantly but you are even sabotaging your own work at somepoint, it's no wonder after decades of developing your game is empty like deep space, you loose all your time on useless crap beacause you are unable to have a vision going further than the next week ... And this patch note for community is just a joke as you hide 90% of what you are messing up with and we need to check on DNSpy with each update what have been changed without a word.

Last edited:

Someone’s ex is a console player obviously lol please could you drive the console hate bandwagon sir ? lol L take

I am a Playstation Console player since 1995. What you are saying about console players is nonsense. I do like Quality games infact the games on playstation are usually from High Quality. Especially the first party Titles. Also these days, games on only one platform are more and more history. The fact that us Console players get the oppurtunity to play games like bannerlord is amazing and should happen more often. I think in about 5 years most companies will release games on all platforms. In that way everyone gets the oppurtunity to play all games. Grtz Vaan.

I am a Playstation Console player since 1995. What you are saying about console players is nonsense. I do like Quality games infact the games on playstation are usually from High Quality. Especially the first party Titles. Also these days, games on only one platform are more and more history. The fact that us Console players get the oppurtunity to play games like bannerlord is amazing and should happen more often. I think in about 5 years most companies will release games on all platforms. In that way everyone gets the oppurtunity to play all games. Grtz Vaan.

You have this "exclusive" war on consoles, xbox vs ps.(oh and not forget Nintendo doesn't like to share toys either) Somewhat on PC as well with EGS running exclusive deals to keep games from release on Steam. I don't see all of these start play "happy family" anytime soon.

As primary a pc player, I'm happy we still have some studios left that primary develop games for PC, rather than get served up some poor console port.

Go back and read

I said it wasn't a smart move to release for console for now. Warband took awhile to be on console.

I never said to not release for console, I said FOR NOW, because the game clearly is development. And having to nerf and dumb down the game is a bad approach.

TW built fans with their first installment, they should keep doing it. By releasing better games, with new mechanics and features, like all other companies do these days.

Someone’s ex is a console player obviously lol please could you drive the console hate bandwagon sir ? lol L take
point me the hate?

If you know how to read, learn how to think.

I'm not against releasing for console. AFTER THE GAME IS DONE.

TW needs money and they should take console ppl money too.

No, he's just lucid. Many new AND old people say it, look at the previous posts.
Rhetorical.
Not to mention the silent majority which allows Bannerlord to regularly be in the top 100 most played games on Steam.
I still don't understand this comparison, just because it's top of some chart on some platform =/= complete game.
For a team 4 times smaller than the studios you like to mention, we are far from the disaster constantly reported, and the developers are far from deserving this ambient lack of respect.
Again, however many devs are on the game, whether it's 2 or 2000, =/= level of respect or expectations. It's earned and regarded by each individual. If I (and many others here) don't see it, we don't; you do. Both are valid.
The reason it's not a disaster is because, as you say, it's '4 times smaller' than other studios and all the politics/mess involved with that.
We give leeway because it's still a relatively niche genre. If this game, as it was and currently is, had Bethesda/EA/Blizzard on the splash screen vs Taleworlds, I can only imagine how ridiculously outrageous the feedback would be; far beyond this forum's 'disrespect'.
If you had coded just once in your life on a very large project you would understand. Unfortunately many here prefer the position of the king customer, it's so much easier to complain... It's sad but also in keeping with today's world.
Again, these are always ridiculous fallbacks in this context. So if I don't code, I can't possibly understand the glaring mismanagement/development hell in the background of this game for the past ~4 years; or the hesitant anxiety of TW with their update info? Look at this second beta patch (as still TBD going live), constant bug/fix/crashes, stat adjustments reverting to patches from years ago then back again, new updates reintroducing 'resolved' bugs again, etc...it's been 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I didn't say the game didn't need anything. But to expect large content drops after a game is released seems a bit far fetched. Looking at other games out there such is at large tied to dlc's etc. People been name dropping Paradox earlier and they are a prime example of such.
There's a difference between content drops and finishing the systems they had in place prior to 'official' release; or even to the features that were delayed until post-launch that they only added recently that also need to be fixed/fleshed out better. Workshops function as intended? Perks? Do policy modifiers work? Is voting actually impactful? FoW adjustments? AI back to being good in tournaments this round of patches? Cavalry combat? 50% of patch still fixing crashes/bugs? Lords insta-die saving from prison? Towns still fail-scading with the 'economy'? Battania doomed as intended?

I don't care about 'new' content, fix and complete the ones that were in since EA 4 years ago, and all the other ones they had added since. They want to discuss DLC? Usually those are after the base game is complete; a base game where it's not just checking off the feature list; make it actually a part of the 'game'.
If TW wants to think what they released a year ago was that base game (which they clearly did), and all the features therein were as intended; that is a very, very low-standard.

Game should've stayed in EA for more, they rushed it for whatever reasons. Even EA, when it came out around start of COVID, was rushed out for whatever reasons (as I doubt the devs wanted it out that early).

Hi everyone, an update in regards to the v1.2.x version series Live release.
Finally, as 1.2.5 grew larger than expected, the previous November cross-platform release estimate will likely not be met. Having said that, this month still saw significant progress towards a release in the next few weeks. We appreciate everyone’s understanding and continued support as we strive to deliver a stable and well-rounded patch.

A big thank you to everyone who has provided feedback, reported a bug or uploaded a dump report.

You say the updates gonna release in November, and all of your fans finally breathe a sigh of relief and now your saying it ain't coming in November. Don't give estimates for a release date ever again what a joke

I was affraid that the release estimate of November would not be met as the 1.2.5 just went to Beta. Ty for letting us know Dejan and Piconi. I speak only for myself, i was ready for the 1.2 update and still will be when it comes out. Grtz Vaan.

try to give me a single reason why the betas can't come out on consoles too? Why is this continued support for only PC players?
The purpose of the beta is to support development. It does so by allowing us to collect feedback on much less stable and performant builds that do not offer save game continuity. Similarly, we can respond to such reports with a faster turnaround for these reasons and because we do not have to prepare, test, and optimize each build across a range of platforms. Even if the Steam beta version appears stable and performant to you - it does not mean that the build achieves this across all platforms. As long as more significant changes are still taking place, such platform-specific optimization efforts can easily be invalidated - which would further increase overall release times as the same work would need to be done several times.
You say the updates gonna release in November, and all of your fans finally breathe a sigh of relief and now your saying it ain't coming in November. Don't give estimates for a release date ever again what a joke
Community Tales #3 said:
Barring any unforeseen issues or events, we expect to release the series to Live on all platforms in November.
As the scope of v1.2.5 grew larger than expected - we postponed our release. Most of our fellow forum members want to see more communication and we have been working on that - including patch release estimates.

Back
Top Bottom