Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

It's called "Late game Syndrome"
Capture-d-cran-2023-11-16-041422.png

I simply call it "the game that I reload from time to time after a break". Thanks to the right mods balance this playthrough isn't as dull as some might expected. Fifth king, sixth on the way, no conquest anymore, only defending borders from Rovalt to Ortysia and still going (and waiting for TW new features, if this really happens, in 20 real life years maybe ?).

Last edited:
Bannerlord actually allows to marry, raise children, die and select an heir, looks pretty much like a dynasty management to me.

Thing is, this feature is in a very basic state, which is kind of frustrating for many players.

CK is indeed a good example and Bannerlord would beneficiate a lot with similar features.

Actually, I'm DYING for similar stuff in Bannerlord.

I used to play CK for dynasty management, but I mostly stopped because battles actually suck, they just feel like "auto-resolve" from Bannerlord.

I prefer to embody a character in first/third person, enter cities, speak to NPC and "live" a battle, rather than looking at percentages and loading bars telling me if it's "a win or a lose".

In a nutshell (according to me):

- CK (and Paradox games in general) = deep managment, cheap battles.
- Bannelord = awesome battles, cheap management.

Good thing some modders that both love CK and Bannerlord have released Banner Kings, on their spare time......

in CK3 there is thousands of characters, and a map that is many times the size of the one in Bannerlord. If you want the depth and width of CK3 when it come to family/dynasty, then Bannerlord just to small a game to accomodate it imho.

The two is like night and day though. If you want a dynasty builder that is deep and wide, go with CK3...
So you agree that the system in this game is flawed and lacking, and that other games show that it is possible to do it better. Okay glad we're on the same page. Telling me to play a different game won't fix this game though.

So you agree that the system in this game is flawed and lacking, and that other games show that it is possible to do it better. Okay glad we're on the same page. Telling me to play a different game won't fix this game though.

No, I'm saying how it is in Bannerlord works for the scope of the game. You can't just cherry pick features from different games and demand them to be put into a single one. Let's have some race cars, space marines, and flying unicorns while at it? Meanwhile you have people playing CK3 that want the battles that Bannerlord have. Funny right? There is a mod for CK3 where you can fight the battles in Bannerlord though....

in CK3 there is thousands of characters, and a map that is many times the size of the one in Bannerlord. If you want the depth and width of CK3 when it come to family/dynasty, then Bannerlord just to small a game to accomodate it imho.
You are missing the point, or you are that kind of person that is satisfied with low effort systems that are just the basic stuff. @Blacke did an amazing job of describing the issue with the family system, ill also add his description can be added to the diplomacy system.

@Gadheras mate, let me ask you a question.

So Bannerlord's dynasty mechanic is incredibly shallow and boring and you have to play CK if you want a similar mechanic implemented well, right?

Then why the hell did they even bother with it? Why waste precious development resources on something so insignificant, so poorly implemented?

This is not a rhetorical question, BTW

@Gadheras mate, let me ask you a question.

So Bannerlord's dynasty mechanic is incredibly shallow and boring and you have to play CK if you want a similar mechanic implemented well, right?

Then why the hell did they even bother with it? Why waste precious development resources on something so insignificant, so poorly implemented?

This is not a rhetorical question, BTW

There are other games out there that offers family/dynasty dynamics as well. If you want to play "house" then Bannerlord isn't for you. If you want to do battles and fights, then it is. If you want to build a giant dynasty, play CK3, if you want big battles, play Bannerlord, if you want to play house, play Medieval Dynasty, or some other game that fit the bill.

If you dislike the dynasty mechancis, then disable birth and deaths. You don't have to bother with it.

There are other games out there that offers family/dynasty dynamics as well. If you want to play "house" then Bannerlord isn't for you. If you want to do battles and fights, then it is. If you want to build a giant dynasty, play CK3, if you want big battles, play Bannerlord, if you want to play house, play Medieval Dynasty, or some other game that fit the bill.

If you dislike the dynasty mechancis, then disable birth and deaths. You don't have to bother with it.
By your logic, we don't need a campaign map, only custom battles and that's it.

You can play "house" quite easily. Stay independent, take rebel towns, and grow your clan. My only issue is your capped at 60 members so once you hit that cap no more pregnancies. Aside from the cap, I like their dynasty system. Will like it alot more when 1.2 goes live so I dont hafta squat in a town for the women to get pregnant.

I totally agree.

But saying CK3 has more depth for dynasty management is not really a scoop. I mean, it's kind of obvious. In fact, I actually wrote this down myself in the post you have quoted

As Gricken just said: "Telling me to play a different game won't fix this game though."

The whole point is to discuss stuff that has been initially implemented in Bannerlord and need to be improved. And yes, there is a dynasty management system in Bannerlord, but it's (still) in an embryonic state.

Sorry to insist, but Banner Kings is a solution, well inspired by CK, that should be implemented in the game. And it works, I use it for ages.

Banner Kings provides many features that are in CK3. Succession, lord/count/duke trees, settlement management, titles, faith, you can even knight any companions and check the option the generate a LOT of wanderers that will be in service of others lords (I mean AI lords) so they can knight them as well at some point, give them lands and so on.

Suddenly, that is a lot of characters in the map (at the price of performance, sadly, but you can still uncheck some options).

Want more unique interactions as well ? Use Nemesis.

I could go like this forever thanks to some amazing modder ideas.

Solutions are right under our nose. Taleworlds just has to go on Nexusmods and pick one/two features like they did with weather or kingdom destruction, polish it and release that in every new patch from now.

It's november 2023, clock is ticking, the game needs a huge boost or it will stay the same in ten years (even more ?).

Last edited:
It’s now past the middle of November and we still have no update. The sad state of where we are at with this game is just unreal. This better be a massive update to the game, if it isn’t then what the h*** is going on at TW to pump out updates that take this long? Is it a lack of talent?

No, I'm saying how it is in Bannerlord works for the scope of the game. You can't just cherry pick features from different games and demand them to be put into a single one. Let's have some race cars, space marines, and flying unicorns while at it? Meanwhile you have people playing CK3 that want the battles that Bannerlord have. Funny right? There is a mod for CK3 where you can fight the battles in Bannerlord though....
I've never played ck3 and I don't intend to any time soon, so no, I'm not demanding the devs add features from a different game that I've never played. I'm asking they make the system they already have engaging and worth using. Why do you keep acting like there's some dichotomy where you can *only* be ck3 diplomacy or you can *only* have bannerlord battles?

I totally agree.

But saying CK3 has more depth for dynasty management is not really a scoop. I mean, it's kind of obvious. In fact, I actually wrote this down myself in the post you have quoted

As Gricken just said: "Telling me to play a different game won't fix this game though."

The whole point is to discuss stuff that has been initially implemented in Bannerlord and need to be improved. And yes, there is a dynasty management system in Bannerlord, but it's (still) in an embryonic state.

Sorry to insist, but Banner Kings is a solution, well inspired by CK, that should be implemented in the game. And it works, I use it for ages.

Banner Kings provides many features that are in CK3. Succession, lord/count/duke trees, settlement management, titles, faith, you can even knight any companions and check the option the generate a LOT of wanderers that will be in service of others lords (I mean AI lords) so they can knight them as well at some point, give them lands and so on.

Suddenly, that is a lot of characters in the map (at the price of performance, sadly, but you can still uncheck some options).

Want more unique interactions as well ? Use Nemesis.

I could go like this forever thanks to some amazing modder ideas. But just add these two mods for testing, pretty sure you won't be able to play without then.

Solutions are right under our nose. Taleworlds just has to go on Nexusmods and pick one/two ideas like they did with weather or kingdom destruction, polish it and release that in every new patch from now.

It's november 2023, clock is ticking, the game needs a huge boost or it will stay the same in ten years (even more ?).

Banner Kings is a great mod and fun for a lot of people. But I watched a streamer try it before I was going to, and he removed it after a few days saying it was way to slow and boring and totally slowed down the game to a crawl. So it's not for everyone and acting like we need BannerKings in the base game is wrong. It's too specific and leans to far into too many complicated and abstract concepts to be fun for the mainsteam auidence. Like hell, I played CK2 and CK3 for a while and enjoyed myself, but the idea of putting the word "Demesne" in Bannerlord just sends shivers down my spine.

For what its worth since it seems like no one can compliment Bannerlord around here is that I love the family system in the game, it's such a massive improvement to Warband and really adds a lot to the game for now. Building out your clan and sending different people off to be caravaneers or governors or to just form their own parties is awesome and fun.

Can it be added to and improved? Sure. But in general I agree with Gadheras. Bannerlord is not CK3 and CK3 is not Bannerlord.

Banner Kings is a great mod and fun for a lot of people. But I watched a streamer try it before I was going to, and he removed it after a few days saying it was way to slow and boring and totally slowed down the game to a crawl. So it's not for everyone and acting like we need BannerKings in the base game is wrong. It's too specific and leans to far into too many complicated and abstract concepts to be fun for the mainsteam auidence. Like hell, I played CK2 and CK3 for a while and enjoyed myself, but the idea of putting the word "Demesne" in Bannerlord just sends shivers down my spine.

For what its worth since it seems like no one can compliment Bannerlord around here is that I love the family system in the game, it's such a massive improvement to Warband and really adds a lot to the game for now. Building out your clan and sending different people off to be caravaneers or governors or to just form their own parties is awesome and fun.

Can it be added to and improved? Sure. But in general I agree with Gadheras. Bannerlord is not CK3 and CK3 is not Bannerlord.
Yes, but we have to consider Banner Kings as a project done by modders on their spare time. At least some people has done it.

Imagine this be polished by a studio, like TaleWorlds, this could be another story (or maybe not ?).

Yes we are talking a lot about CK3, because it's hard to discuss about dynasty management and avoid it. I mean, it's not like there are plenty of games that provide that kind of feature (at this level).

But no one is saying Bannerlord should beat CK3 or be the next CK3, these are both different games with their own philosophy and balance.

That being said, as I mentioned above, Bannerlord has already a kind-of-dynasty management system in a (very) early stage.

Same with the kind-of-warehouses stuck at level 1 for ages (slightly improved with 1.2.0) or the kind-of-smithing (where we still can't save weapon designs and craft armor parts).

These things already exist in the game, now it needs to be improved (for good) to add more depth to the game and fits with Calradia.

Finally, watching youtubers testing mods is one thing, but testing it ourselves (as I do) provide even more clues.

Last edited:
Yes, but we have to consider Banner Kings as a project done by modders on their spare time. At least some people has done it.

Imagine this be polished by a studio, this could be another story.

Yes we are talking a lot about CK3, because it's hard to discuss about dynasty management and avoid it. I mean, it's not like there are plenty of games that provide that kind of feature (at this level).

But no one is saying Bannerlord should beat CK3 or be the next CK3, these are both different games with their own philosophy and balance.

That being said, as I mentioned above, Bannerlord has already a kind-of-dynasty management system in a (very) early stage.

Same with the kind-of-warehouses stuck at level 1 (slightly improved with 1.2.0) or the kind-of-smithing (where we can't even save design or craft armor parts).

And since it already exist it needs to be improved to add more depth and fit with the game.

Finally, watching youtubers testing mods is one thing, but testing it ourselves (as I do) provide even more clues.

There is a few things I would like see be changed or added to the family mechanics such as;

No kids is born inherit evil or good.... They at large product of their upbringing. Have some events possible trigger based on their education focus when they grow up that could make them pick up bad/good perks and traits. If you want them to focus on roguery they should be bound to lean towards pick up negative/bad traits. Stewardship/medicine, pick up good traits. etc. When you arrange a marriage for a female you should imho get a choice to perhaps "pay some extra" to have the male join your clan, rather than the female pick up and leave and join theirs, or even maybe offer them to start a new clan/noble house in your own kingdom...

If you look at what you can do with your family members in the game. Which is basically arrange marriages. Assign as govenors or party leaders (or roles in your own party). It fullfill its purpose. It's easy for people to say they want "add this and that" and then tell people if you don't like it then just don't make use of it. But some of the wants of people will change the game to a degree it would force people who isn't interested to have to deal with it. Game development at large isn't juist to add a bunch of features and then give the players switches and sliders to turn off/on content willy nilly. Even a game such as Stellaris with all its DLC's and updates over the years. As a player you end up get things added to the game you don't like because it's part of a dlc you might not even want to get.

Save designs for smithing would be great. I only make use of smithing really to make weapons for myself and the family/companions, other than that I find the whole thing tedious and abusive with all the clicks.

Upgrade warehouse capacity for a workshop?. Unless you a compulsive horder, idk... Once you get a fief you end up with unlimited stash storage. Maybe they could expand on the "retreat" location and make you able to develop it more like your own clan homestead with storage and other facilities. (something modders could most likely add if they wanted too).

Nous sommes maintenant à la mi-novembre et nous n’avons toujours pas de mise à jour. Le triste état dans lequel nous en sommes avec ce jeu est tout simplement irréel. Il vaut mieux que ce soit une mise à jour massive du jeu, si ce n’est pas le cas, alors qu’est-ce qui se passe chez TW pour pomper des mises à jour qui prennent autant de temps ? Est-ce un manque de talent ?
+1

But some of the wants of people will change the game to a degree it would force people who isn't interested to have to deal with it. Game development at large isn't juist to add a bunch of features and then give the players switches and sliders to turn off/on content willy nilly. Even a game such as Stellaris with all its DLC's and updates over the years. As a player you end up get things added to the game you don't like because it's part of a dlc you might not even want to get
Well...adding a massive undead invasion out the blue, that is something people might disagree with, because it's too surprising and probably has nothing to do with the game (that being said, I would have enjoy this 🙃).

But some people asked for improved warehouses and got improved warehouses.

So I don't see why asking for improved dynasty management would be less legitimate, since we can already have children and select heirs in Bannerlord. It's no even a DLC, it's in the game.

No one is asking Bannerlord to take an unexpected U turn by adding weird mechanics, but to improve features already implemented in the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom