Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

If I can give a suggestion to this.

I know a while back there was a bug allowing you to recruit minor factions to your kingdom and make them vassals. I think this should be a feature. I believe in my opinion that currently it isn’t easy to find clans to join your kingdom. Having to ability to recruit minor clans to your kingdom would be nice. I think there should be a factor to keep culture in account and clan level for the minor faction. When a minor faction is recruit to the kingdom another minor clan is created randomly to replace the one that was recruited.

As far as I know. These mincor "mercenary" clans doesn't have any females though. They are all males. Recruit these will give you the same problem as you get when you promote a companion and make them a noble. You end up with a low tier clan with just dudes in it. If you want to play a long game and see these clans grow and propser, they need females to marry into them. Of which is a rarity in the game.

Sigh. There's no way this isn't bait at this point...

Cool, you can add data. You can't add functionality though. And hey, nothing against adding data - we can already do that with XML and lots of people make cool mods that way.

XML is a markup language. It is easier than SQL. If you are having trouble understanding XML, you will not have more success with SQL.

ok boomer

What issue? Not being able to add data easily without C#? No such issue exists. XML is used for that. It works, especially for people new to modding and with no prior experience.

I never said anything about C and Bannerlord, either. And again, C is not easier than C#. I already outlined some of the reasons for that.

Cool, don't respond then.

This is just such a nothingburger of a response, again.

Yeah? It literally tells you where things went wrong. Go grab your debugger, place a breakpoint where it tells you and see what happens? You claim to have worked on code 30 years ago, how is this complex to you?

Sure.

---

To recap this all: You effectively claim that SQL would allow for easier modding of games, including Bannerlord. Because it works for CIV. You completly ignore that you cannot add new functionality to the game that way, and instead focus on "oh yeah but people can add new data (items, factions, ...) so much more easily!". That is not a problem we have here. People can already do that, using XML. Which, as a markup language, is really easy to learn.

Claiming C# to be too complex to be understood without a degree (and C to be easier than C#) is also beyond laughable. Again, I already gave reasons above, and for examples of people learning C# with little or no prior experience coding, you can just look around the modding scene yourself.

You claimed to have worked with C in the 90s and it seems like you've been stuck there ever since.

Don't think I'll be feeding this troll any further.

It's bait, dude. LOL. I wanted to respond every time, it was so inviting, but then I remembered. Bannerlord doesn't use SQL it uses XML, so why is this even an argument? If you want to use C to make Bannerlord mods, do it. Go with what you know, the rest of us will use C# it's easier to make a mod with. AND this thread is about the 1.2.x patch notes, so I avoided adding garbage to the thread... until this post! Dammit... I failed...

Goodbye arrogant programmers who think they are little gods :grin: Gamers / game designers will soon be creating games with AI. bypassing the major blockage.

Last edited:
Curious, what do you work with/as? Fixing code and hunting down bugs isn't as easy to just decide it's done Friday next week...

If they release it with glaring bugs and issues, you would be the first in line to throw shade at them for release when it's not ready right?

I work in supply chain and i can tell you that when we need a product on a certain date and its critical you haul ass.

Minor Factions, as they are right now, are solo independent clans, much like the player`s clan. They are not on the same plane as Major Factions, which have multiple clans as part of their structure.
Having that in mind, and the fact that joining, exiting or switching clans isn`t a current feature, do you have any suggestions on how you would like to interact with them, within the existing framework?
Absolutely, and I've been making this suggestion for years!

There are older posts, but well, here are my thoughts. Minor Factions are an EXTREMELY underrated and wasted feature!

I work in supply chain and i can tell you that when we need a product on a certain date and its critical you haul ass.

Imagine you are "hauling your ass"....in a truck. It break down, get towed to a garrage. While repair the issue, they find another, you have to send a replacement truck to pick up the cargo. This truck get blind sided and end up in a crash. Now you have to send another truck under way it loose a wheel and run off the road. Fixing bugs/code isn't as easy as just set a date and haul ass..

I'm sorry Mr. Wonderful, no, most gamers would not find OOP, C++ or C# simple. (unless they have a degree from a University)
But they would find C simple ? :roll:
That's Piss weak argument right there, setting Up SQL server probably would have already been done by an admin etc "Dealing with SQL queries" ????? common text files ? really.
Ah yeah, the famous novice gamer who has had an admin set up a SQL server on his gaming machine :roll:

Mate, you're just acting like a childish clown and grasping at straws because you somehow don't want to just say "okay okay I was wrong".
I've wasted too much time humoring you, keep being a donkey if it's so fun for you.

Having a maximum amount of damage a weapon can block would bring some issues, like the player not being able to determine if they can block the incoming attack or not, thus turning it into a gamble, which is undesirable.
However, not being able to block with a dagger as much or as well as with other, let`s say more conventional weapons, makes sense, we`ll bring this up.
Maybe sometging like that:

@Piconi @Duh_TaleWorlds @Dejan

Sorry for the pings, but I'm truly interested in knowing what issues you guys are tackling for the long-awaited new patch, and I hope it's a very big one by the delay, so we expect a lot of things to be corrected.

I also in doubt the time I talked with Duh, he said he'd bring to the discussion a point I raised a time ago, that's the:

The impossible task killing someone in battle

Did you guys know that with all the proper perks in medicine, and high tier armor, the chance of death in battle falls below 0.001%?

Please, take a look at that, and the idea of my medicine contributing to save the life of my enemies? That's one the most silly decision made ever.

Please, allow the death in combat come back as reality, armor i agrre should protect ppl from death chances, but at the moment the chance to actually seeing someone falling in battle is too low.

Is this playable on 1.6 saves? Or should I necessarily start a new game? Cause on my old save I met some issues:
- not every companion can be assigned to party role (empty square in Clan window), or to be a governor. Thought it is a feature, but... why?
- combat AI seems to acting weird. In siege, once they reach the walls, they stop, or walk into the edge. Enemy's stay besides each other and do nothing...

After considering lot of above improvements not such a revolution (like aiming the charge command - my current strategy can do without it), I've decided to get back to 1.6. But also - why this means a whole new instalation? Can I operate between both patches without 15gb download after every change?

To
Curious, what do you work with/as? Fixing code and hunting down bugs isn't as easy to just decide it's done Friday next week...

If they release it with glaring bugs and issues, you would be the first in line to throw shade at them for release when it's not ready right?
To be fair I am just console player trash and just want cheats, I don't care about bugs, I experience plenty already, does not bother me. I know this was not a reply to me, but those are my thoughts anyways :smile:.

To

To be fair I am just console player trash and just want cheats, I don't care about bugs, I experience plenty already, does not bother me. I know this was not a reply to me, but those are my thoughts anyways :smile:.
I've been saying this all along. Cheats to bypass the boring slog that's blacksmithing and the birth/death option. Anything else is icing on the cake.

A lie, but ok, we have Mr Wonderful 2.
I learned the core concepts of OOP in C++ in an elective class, in an American public high school, in 2006, when my only prior programming experience was one class of Visual Basic in the previous semester, at the ripe old age of 15. There are tons more free, high quality resources to learn from on the internet now compared to then, in different formats (audio, video, written, real-time interactive), and C# is objectively easier to learn than C++. Plus, the Visual Studio IDE is available now for free. I didn't even have the benefit of a robust error/warning report in the C++ compiler we used in high school, but VS has great debugging tools for C#. It's not a daunting task to learn, and it is easier now than ever before.

It has now been 5 months since the last major patch....Just in case anyone was wondering what TW was doing. With all the anticipation I expect to be severely disappointed

When are these coming to Console it's been 4 months 😫 companion limit needs raising. The banners of former created kingdoms need to not show the same as the player. Even if the cheat menu dropped without all the other stuff I would be happy for now

When are these coming to Console it's been 4 months 😫 companion limit needs raising. The banners of former created kingdoms need to not show the same as the player. Even if the cheat menu dropped without all the other stuff I would be happy for now

Uhm.... they said when its READY.... and they said November.... Of which they stated several times now.

I've been saying this all along. Cheats to bypass the boring slog that's blacksmithing and the birth/death option. Anything else is icing on the cake.
Exactly, taleworlds have said that adding a small update for cheats will only please a small amount of players when that's far from the truth, console players have wanted cheats since release

Back
Top Bottom