Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

The thing is a good group of skilled and passionate modders could add in all these features within a week

The thing is, if the game was designed properly and all the data in Databases, a single passionate modder could add all these features within a day !

Unfortunately modders need to deal with complex "C sharp" and OOP. This means only the smartest and most experienced Programmers , with a passion for BL, can add any of these features. Their numbers are very small. Most gamers don't have these skills.

The thing is, if the game was designed properly and all the data in Databases, a single passionate modder could add all these features within a day !

Unfortunately modders need to deal with complex "C sharp" and OOP. This means only the smartest and most experienced Programmers , with a passion for BL, can add any of these features. Their numbers are very small. Most gamers don't have these skills.
Fair enough, in truth I don't know much about modding at all but Ive seen the crazy **** modders come out with for bannerlord and in my eyes they have more passion for bannerlord than the actual Devs do

Quoting for visibility here also.
Before we begin, though, we would like to give you another progress update on the v1.2.x version series. Recently, we have released Beta v1.2.4, which addressed a number of important issues, reintroduced the Danustica town scene and opened up the Beta Multiplayer with a host of balance changes (including the return of the dismount mechanic) for testing with the community.

We are now working on Beta v1.2.5, which will tweak the multiplayer changes according to feedback, include further stability and performance improvements, balance the AI combat level calculation to better reflect the current skill distribution as well as introduce a number of modding-related changes, such as improved world map modding and reduced mod loading times.

Barring any unforeseen issues or events, we expect to release the series to Live on all platforms in November.

It's possible in principle, but will only satisfy a subset of users and cause overall delay due to the fixed costs associated with the release process.

Still, if there are major delays, I will be happy to bring it up for consideration.
Yes please, it will greatly satisfy us (ignore the innuendo).

Piconi said:
We are now working on Beta v1.2.5, which will tweak the multiplayer changes according to feedback, include further stability and performance improvements, balance the AI combat level calculation to better reflect the current skill distribution as well as introduce a number of modding-related changes, such as improved world map modding and reduced mod loading times.

Barring any unforeseen issues or events, we expect to release the series to Live on all platforms in November.
It makes me glad that you're listening to people and tweaking the combat AI. It bugs me tremendously when trash units like recruits, militia, peasant, looter, etc. can consistently block your attacks 3 times in a row even when you have 200+ weapon skills and attack from different directions. It's also annoying when a unit uses 1 handed weapon (not shield) to block the hit from a 2 handed weapon or swinging polearm and receives no damage except from a handful of weapons which have crush-through. Imo units up to tier 3 should act more suicidal/aggressive, and crush-through should be a feature of all 2H & swinging polearms over a certain weight threshold (but only in singleplayer).

Also it's nice to have a vague ETA for a patch for once, but I know not to get used to it.

Last edited:
I have a problem. When Radagos' hideout, bandits appear in this place, and their number is 0. If you attack them, the game crashes. I am playing without mods. Beta version of the game

C# is perhaps the easiest of the C language family to learn, and there are tons of free, high-quality resources one can learn from. The only requirement is willingness to do so. Implying that this isn't properly done isn't fair, and I would point you to other games which have incorporated C# in their modding ability or even their gameplay (like Space Engineers). I would estimate that progression from the most basic "hello world" console application to an entry-level modding project in BL for the average person, with zero programming experience, could be as little as three months. From the list that Duh gave which you're referring to, I'd say that these would be feasible for that first project:
companion variety, ... settlement projects
The only real skill necessary to develop those projects would be the ability to read and understand existing code, and once you can do that then you do what every single professional programmer has and will continue to do: copy, paste, and modify. Object-oriented programming is also not difficult to grasp conceptually, especially in an established code base full of examples.

That said, it's still not the most accessible avenue to modding I've seen. Any mod which seeks to add new functionality to the game rather than utilizing existing functionality is going to require more knowledge, but that only pushes your timeline out a few more months. This problem isn't unique to BL, it exists for all games.

Just noticed something.
I started a new sandbox. The lady i normaly marry was stolen by a vladian lord. So once i became mercenary i hunted him down and executed him.
The lady was pregnant during the mini marry game. But was not pregnant when she came to my party. I also recived 0 relation penalty with her. Should be something for chopping off her husbands head. All the relation penalty went to the clan lord. Bereic or something -60.
Abit weird the pregnany got reset.
And the clan leader did not know my name when speaking to him for her hand. Relation -60. Think he should have known my name.
I think the word fubar fits well here.

Just noticed something.
I started a new sandbox. The lady i normaly marry was stolen by a vladian lord. So once i became mercenary i hunted him down and executed him.
The lady was pregnant during the mini marry game. But was not pregnant when she came to my party. I also recived 0 relation penalty with her. Should be something for chopping off her husbands head. All the relation penalty went to the clan lord. Bereic or something -60.
Abit weird the pregnany got reset.
And the clan leader did not know my name when speaking to him for her hand. Relation -60. Think he should have known my name.
I think the word fubar fits well here.
Abortion

Idk man, C# isn't too difficult. Don't let the code intimidate you. I'm learning it to make some mods. It's not easy but it's not impossible!

C# is perhaps the easiest of the C language family to learn, and there are tons of free, high-quality resources one can learn from. The only requirement is willingness to do so. Implying that this isn't properly done isn't fair, and I would point you to other games which have incorporated C# in their modding ability or even their gameplay (like Space Engineers). I would estimate that progression from the most basic "hello world" console application to an entry-level modding project in BL for the average person, with zero programming experience, could be as little as three months. From the list that Duh gave which you're referring to, I'd say that these would be feasible for that first project:

I'm 62 .. my brain doesn't work like it use to "teach old dog new tricks' . I use to be a "C" programmer in the 90s, I loved that language, very flexible. Then they developed C++ to stop the flexibility and added OO. I had a tough time getting me head around this concept, never really succeeded. I don't want to learn a new language, my brain won't handle it. I'm a game designer not a programmer.

I understand why C# was chosen for Bannerlord, it is a well respected and powerful language. Just very tough for gamers to become proficient . SQL is very simple language to learn especially for novices. Alot more work can be done, and quicker, with SQL.

cant you just unsubscribe to the beta branch? stay on stable?
Well I guess I should now, since I have to restart my campaign if I ever play the game again :ROFLMAO:
The beta branch is provided for early adopters that would like to support the development as well as to give modders an opportunity to see what is coming before the majority of players will default to it. Not releasing hotfixes to beta would defeat its very purpose.

Naturally, you can also opt into the beta simply to play with new features - but you do so at your own risk. If you want a more stable environment, the live branch would be the appropriate choice.
Yes we know, but when there are better features added after so much time and people update their mods.... Honestly how long is it gonna take a whole studio of people to iron out a few bugs - it's been months already...........

Yes, live versions are generally more stable than beta versions. Especially in the context of mods - as each update receives its own branch on steam for players to continue their current campaign on.
:roll:

Back
Top Bottom