Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

I think, for the most part, many have just simply moved on; momentum completely dropped off after 'full release'. While it was still in EA (it honestly still is despite 'full release'), there was this layer of 'copium' or hope of that expectant major patch with release that would resolve many gripes we had with it since 3+ years ago.
They just kept doing whatever they were doing, pushing it to full release anyways, adding barebone features, abandoning QoL to barebone features added just a patch prior, etc...yet it's still as buggy/depthless as it was prior to the release. Pacing prior to that official release was poor but it was what it was; as I assumed, it would only get worse once they got their second cash flow influx from the 'full release'; and whatever bs 'companion' DLC they put out. Which is where we are now.

I have zero expectations now, TW just needs to finish the damn game or they need to call it 'complete'. It's still being dragged/lead on with these 'beta' versions, console hold ups, non-communication, etc...; worse for those depending on mods to 'fix' the issues of the base game. It's no different from many EA games that get dragged along until it's just forgotten about. They know what they released so far is subpar, but they are still grasping onto the 'upcoming patches' to mitigate whatever criticism is deserved the poor/rushed release state.

well i'm really hoping 1.2 will at least fix what it says it fixes and be sufficiently stable, reliable and bug free so that i don't have to update for a very long time or ever again - aside fom a small hotfix maybe.

will patiently wait for mods to become compatible, use those that are made available.

the idea that TW might cease to continue to work on the game soon has also crossed my mind so again really hoping for a solid 1.2 patch. let's face this current dynamic between TW, their patches, the community.. is not normal.

as for DLCs i'm not interested in anything they plan to sell now or in the future and i would be surprised if many people are tbh.

well i'm really hoping 1.2 will at least fix what it says it fixes and be sufficiently stable, reliable and bug free so that i don't have to update for a very long time or ever again - aside fom a small hotfix maybe.

will patiently wait for mods to become compatible, use those that are made available.

the idea that TW might cease to continue to work on the game soon has also crossed my mind so again really hoping for a solid 1.2 patch. let's face this current dynamic between TW, their patches, the community.. is not normal.

as for DLCs i'm not interested in anything they plan to sell now or in the future and i would be surprised if many people are tbh.
Console players probably would purchase dlcs as they have no access to mods. Out of necessity really hahahaha

Is there any kind of an estimate for console/ps5 launch of the 1.2.0 patch? Solely waiting on the aging disable before investing loads of time back into the game. It's the only thing stopping me, a buzzkill really. I just want some kind of rough eta, or a "we're almost ready, etc."

Is there any kind of an estimate for console/ps5 launch of the 1.2.0 patch? Solely waiting on the aging disable before investing loads of time back into the game. It's the only thing stopping me, a buzzkill really. I just want some kind of rough eta, or a "we're almost ready, etc."
Getting ETAs out of Taleworlds is like getting blood out of a stone. Good luck, and for future reference I would strongly recommend PC as the best way to play games.

When those shown as In Progress are placed as Resolved.

Normally when they ask the companies they will answer "we will only launch it when it is finished and it goes well" so let´s wait

I think, for the most part, many have just simply moved on; momentum completely dropped off after 'full release'. While it was still in EA (it honestly still is despite 'full release'), there was this layer of 'copium' or hope of that expectant major patch with release that would resolve many gripes we had with it since 3+ years ago.
They just kept doing whatever they were doing, pushing it to full release anyways, adding barebone features, abandoning QoL to barebone features added just a patch prior, etc...yet it's still as buggy/depthless as it was prior to the release. Pacing prior to that official release was poor but it was what it was; as I assumed, it would only get worse once they got their second cash flow influx from the 'full release'; and whatever bs 'companion' DLC they put out. Which is where we are now.

I have zero expectations now, TW just needs to finish the damn game or they need to call it 'complete'. It's still being dragged/lead on with these 'beta' versions, console hold ups, non-communication, etc...; worse for those depending on mods to 'fix' the issues of the base game. It's no different from many EA games that get dragged along until it's just forgotten about. They know what they released so far is subpar, but they are still grasping onto the 'upcoming patches' to mitigate whatever criticism is deserved the poor/rushed release state.
I already played more of Bannerlord than almost any other game, especially single player, already on beta. Way more than I thought I would when waiting for it considering how much I played warband. Have been a while so I might do another shorter playthrough, however now I am just waiting for total conversion mods which there are plenty of I'm very interested in. There is just limited replayability of doing the same thing in the same place and that's just how a singleplayer games is, no Qol or other small feature helps that- even downloading 10-30 mods barely helps, still the same base. I think people are just expecting too much. Most complaining have hundreds, many even thousands of hours in the game...

Just encountered an interesting event. Are private vendettas a thing? One of the clans in the kingdom I belong to is being attacked but I can't get involved. But it could be because we're not at war with that merc? Or maybe it's because the status of the merc is "travelling" to somewhere?

I think people are just expecting too much. Most complaining have hundreds, many even thousands of hours in the game...

what does this even mean? besides the broad (and frankly stupid) generalisation?

so in your mind people who have played the game beyond a certain amount of time have no business pointing out the game is broken? or pointing out that it has "officially released" for a year and many game mechanics remain missing or broken? that their patches remain in beta for months on end and still bug the hell out of the game when they push them through? when we the players are responsible to test the game?

or in your mind, players who have "gotten their moneys worth" are not entitled to complain but TW can sell their "officially released" game in its current state at $49.99 and receive praise?

and IF you are right that people who are new to the game are not complainig - and it is a big IF - have you considered its because they likely have moved on to greener pastures? or are gamers who maybe wouldn't even enjoy the game as much if it was working as intended?

people who have played for "hundreds or thousands" of hours are all that remains.

Tourelle0487, the game is still in the top 100, surrounded by AAA games, multiplayer games, or recent games. We are far from the total abandonment that you describe.
Fortunately, most players still know how to recognize and respect the work of developers who do their best to deliver to you what has allowed you to play "hundreds of hours". And who continue to improve it again and again despite your comments.
As Rackie says, it's a matter of common sense relative to the nature of the game and the amount of time you've spent on it.

Macewindu16, you were answered with more courtesy, but you were told exactly the same thing as I told you, the communication you are requesting is either:
- totally useless, because you'll waste their time on something you won't even understand, it's way too technical
- and/or totally counter-productive for them, because gossips will love calling them incompetent...
In both cases what do we gain the players? Nothing at all. Just even more toxic forums and an even longer delay because of the time for explanation... No benefit contrary to what you think.
If you really have this curiosity, I invite you to look for coding videos and tutorials.

One can hope for the best. If that happens. They will release the update first on the PC and then on the console. However, if dlc is planned to be released in the future, it is already good for those who bought deluxe. And also as an idea, see for yourself. The idea is to add custom modifications. Only for Console versions already.

Last edited:
I already played more of Bannerlord than almost any other game, especially single player, already on beta. Way more than I thought I would when waiting for it considering how much I played warband. Have been a while so I might do another shorter playthrough, however now I am just waiting for total conversion mods which there are plenty of I'm very interested in. There is just limited replayability of doing the same thing in the same place and that's just how a singleplayer games is, no Qol or other small feature helps that- even downloading 10-30 mods barely helps, still the same base. I think people are just expecting too much. Most complaining have hundreds, many even thousands of hours in the game...
Similar, being a sandbox, it does have a lot more replayability than other genres though. So each major patch, you start again ('til you hit the same endgame issues), then wait/complain until that next content patch. I spent/will spend loads more hours playing this than something like BG3; but in terms of quality/enjoyment ratio, BG3 wins out by a large margin.
So if it takes BL ~1000 hrs to get that same gaming satisfaction in comparison to ~20 hrs in BG3 (for me - to each their own), then it is what it is; but that doesn't invalidate my disappointment. I've already played probably ~500 hours since EA release. I'm burnt out with the pace of the game's development (I'm sure TW is too) more than the game itself.

As I said before, they just need to finish/close/end the damn game - I'm done testing the betas/EAs versions for them (it was fine first couple redos even 2+ years in EA), even a year into official release. I'll get that last hurrah playing based on that 'finished' expectation, maybe another with some good mods, then that's it; no more M&B series, no more TW games, or even new ips from them, etc...just done. Same way I was 'done' with Far Cry/BF/CoD/Assassin's Creed/etc...studios regurgitating/churning the same games years back; just with worse and worse quality with each subsequent release.

i dont think that you can transfer the "standard" company pressure to a game studio. games/software development needs time, testing and a lot of workforce, especially within ai-driven sandbox titles like bannerlord. pressure isn't always helpful. look at all the rushed games: cyberpunk, vampire bloodlines, no mans sky, and of course bannerlord. they all fell off not just because of internal factors but also because of community demands of release.
in case of bannerlord you can clearly see a rushed structure throughout the recent patches, with barely any patch being released with complete functional notes. remember the release version of the game? troops where spawning in front of the walls of sieges, compared to 1.9.0 voice acting has been added and afterwards the early access cycle of beta patches continued - because it is needed. now how are community demands of releases are helpful there? the release version was barely making any difference to early access. a hoax. what iam trying to say is that pressure can turn into bad as soon as you have the feel of release pressure of no matter what.

now look at the big player devs like rockstar, nintendo, valve. do you think they ever gave a damn about outside pressure and respond to anyone? they release when it's ready (to be fair - because they can) and it's their mentality since day 1. they dont spill any beans until its worth it.

in the end it's managers responsibility

iam totally with you there, but sadly the internet isnt working like that. in the past community managers said several times that things do need more time and things are released as soon as possible. its not like taleworlds hasnt done this several times especially here in the forum. guess who didnt cared about the answer and continued with release demands? guess who was turning that response into criticism #soon ? guess who is still saying there is a lack of communication? the community. so you better say nothing if you have nothing to say.

dont get me wrong i dont want to say that the community is responsible for the condition of bannerlord.
i just try to explain possible reasons for lacking communication and that the real problem is simply somewhere else. the problem is the game quality. if the quality of the game would be good you wouldnt need to communicate in the first place.

A decade of development is rushed?

are you trying to say that the release of the game wasn't rushed?
As you said, at Gamescom 2019, the Bannerlord demo ended with the storming of a castle, and then the game was released, and by the time we players ourselves reached this stage of the game, the game seemed to be just like the Gamescom demo, with no more content, it seemed to be over. Do you see any similarities?

Similar, being a sandbox, it does have a lot more replayability than other genres though. So each major patch, you start again ('til you hit the same endgame issues), then wait/complain until that next content patch. I spent/will spend loads more hours playing this than something like BG3; but in terms of quality/enjoyment ratio, BG3 wins out by a large margin.
So if it takes BL ~1000 hrs to get that same gaming satisfaction in comparison to ~20 hrs in BG3 (for me - to each their own), then it is what it is; but that doesn't invalidate my disappointment. I've already played probably ~500 hours since EA release. I'm burnt out with the pace of the game's development (I'm sure TW is too) more than the game itself.

As I said before, they just need to finish/close/end the damn game - I'm done testing the betas/EAs versions for them (it was fine first couple redos even 2+ years in EA), even a year into official release. I'll get that last hurrah playing based on that 'finished' expectation, maybe another with some good mods, then that's it; no more M&B series, no more TW games, or even new ips from them, etc...just done. Same way I was 'done' with Far Cry/BF/CoD/Assassin's Creed/etc...studios regurgitating/churning the same games years back; just with worse and worse quality with each subsequent release.
BG3 is not a sandbox, not a multi-genre, with a much bigger dev team (130 vs 450).

It's normal to have preferences, BG3 is an excellent game, but if you want to stay fair, you have to compare what is comparable...

BG3 and Bannerlord don't have much to compare in terms of gameplay's and technical constraints. BG3 is more of an old-school RPG, compared to Divinity or maybe DA Inquisition.

Bannerlord is a mixture of several genres (action, rpg, strategy, management), each time with an associated AI. For those who would like Bannerlord to be the perfection of all these genres, I tell you, it's simply impossible, even with a big team. And the more they will add, the more complicated and longer it will be to maintain a stable and efficient code.

You don't realize how complex it is to have IA in your code, that's why most big games favor scripted or online...

Back
Top Bottom